Archana in film on 9/11

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Archana in film on 9/11
   By: Tushar Joshi
   March 16, 2006

Archana Puran Singh
Archana Puran Singh is excited about her international film, The Gold Bracelet.

"I want the industry to watch me in The Gold Bracelet. It's a film about a Sikh family surviving in a post 9/11 scenario. We shot in LA non-stop for 45 days, and I was dressed in these really long and painful hair extensions."

Singh says this is one film she's really proud of.

"I don't want to be slotted as a comedian; there's so much more I can deliver. The response that I got for The Gold Bracelet has been positive." The film, directed by Kavi Raz, will do the rounds of the international festival circuits before seeing a theatre release.

TV tattle

On TV, she's back doing what she loves the most. Dishing out gossip and entertaining us with her HS-LS (and now MS) list Archana Puran Singh made a comeback with Sony's Kandy Floss. "I have never gone anywhere to make a comeback. In fact, I didn't think I was away from the medium for too long. So it's funny when people ask me about it," said Archana.

"I am having loads of fun on the sets, and when that happens, it means I am enjoying my work."

The actress admits that she has made it clear that she will not take personal digs at anyone on the gossip show. "I have a sense of humour and expect the same from my friends in the industry. The potshots we take, are targeted towards a collective audience and not anyone in particular."

Recently, Archana had to do a feature with item girl Rakhi Sawant that gave her newfound respect for the pin-up doll. "I love that girl's attitude. She's the only one who made me look at the camera with surprise and say, 'what the hell!'. I admire her honesty and confidence."