about manasi salvi prabhu!

boomerang123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

am sorry if this was posted b4

No one recognises me after my weight loss

Manasi Salvi
As Manasvi in Star's daily afternoon soap Saarthi, Manasi Salvi plays the dutiful small-screen daughter-in-law — the one who keeps the family together.

Those who have watched her as Priti in Aashirwad (Zee) and Khushi in Koi Apna Sa (Zee) will notice that Salvi has shed oodles of weight.

"I have lost 14 kg and most people don't recognise me," says the actress who coupled intensive gymming with dieting for that slender look. "In fact, when I began doing Saarthi, everyone was shocked to see me after the weight loss."

Now, Salvi makes her big screen debut in a Marathi film. "It is being produced by Lata Narvekar and directed by Gajendra Ahire. We have already started shooting for the film in Pune," she says about the untitled project.

The film, about two diametrically opposite middle-class sisters, has Salvi playing the role of the studious girl, while her sibling loves the high life.

"The movie showcases the dilemmas of both the sisters and their middle-class existence. I had worked in a Marathi serial earlier with Gajendra Ahire, Saudamini, for Alpha Marathi."

Salvi terms the experience of shooting for a film as a learning process. "There is a big difference between shooting for the big screen and television.

There are so many technical aspects I am being made aware of," adds the actress, who is married to Hemant Prabhu, the director of the weekly drama Siddhant on Star One.

Prabhu has earlier directed serials like Kundali, Kanyadaan and Jasoos Vijay. "We were married in January this year," says Salvi.

The actress prefers to shoot for one serial at a time. "I like it this way, and don't want to find myself overburdened. I am looking at big screen options as well." Right now, Saarthi and the Marathi film are keeping her busy, well apart from maintaining that slim look.

"People still ask me what I have done to myself. I tell them I got married," she twinkles.