Zee challenges Sony...(read plz)

anika_357 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

i found an interesting article so i thought y not share with u all?

Zee challenges Sony If Indian Idol 1 did wonders to boost Sony Entertainment Television's popularity, Zee TV is basking in the rising popularity of SaReGaMaPa Challenge 2005. Though the talent hunt contest started sans fanfare, with the challenge drawing to a close in the coming weeks, viewer involvement is on the rise. Some of the contestants like Vinit, Hemachandra, Nihira, Himani and Debojit are now household names, especially in the Hindi-speaking belt. Even before the best voice has been chosen, these budding singers have managed to bag plum singing assignments. Zee TV was the first Indian satellite entertainment channel launched in the early 1990s, with music content being one of the main drivers. SaReGaMaPa is one of the earliest and longest running talent shows in India, bringing to fore singers like Shaan, Sonu Nigam, Kunal Ganjawala, Shreya Ghoshal and Sunidhi Chouhan.

Newer entrants such as Star Plus and Sony, however, pushed it to third slot. The Challenge 2005, launched to celebrate 10 years of the show, seems to have delivered. According to industry sources, Zee has managed to beat its closest rival Sony in some of the time bands.

source:http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/life/2006/02/10/s tories/2006021000160400.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prap thumbnail
thanks for the article!!! 😊
anika_357 thumbnail
no problemo guys...

at least u guys say "thanks"...i posted the same post in the saregama forum but they never said anything... πŸ˜ƒ
anonmember thumbnail

Originally posted by: anika_357

no problemo guys...

at least u guys say "thanks"...i posted the same post in the saregama forum but they never said anything... πŸ˜ƒ

We're nice people. πŸ˜‰ Welcome to the II2 section.

Thanks for sharing. Let's see if II2 TRPs increase in the upcoming weeks. SRGMP had high TRPs going into the finals, much higher than recent II2 ratings.
anika_357 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonyaee

We're nice people. πŸ˜‰ Welcome to the II2 section.

Thanks for sharing. Let's see if II2 TRPs increase in the upcoming weeks. SRGMP had high TRPs going into the finals, much higher than recent II2 ratings.

whoah, i hope II2 becomes more popular( it IS but no offence)...i mean i still like SRGMP but it has too much drama in the show...mayb because that is the reason for getting high TRPs...let's just see what is going to happen😊

Vaibhavi thumbnail
i luv the purana format of saregaam,pa . this new format is jus like II
anika_357 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vaibhavi

yeah..i agree...i guess gajji liked the II i dea betterπŸ˜›

anika_357 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vaibhavi

yeah..i agree...i guess gajji liked the II i dea better but there are some parts that has the same purana format...but gajji has the new idea of how 2 consistents are grouped up and they are going to sing and going to go out together...in my opinion,this new rule SUCKS! if the other consistent messes up they both both are punished for it arggg...
😑 🀒
anika_357 thumbnail
do u guys prefer sony or zee?
i prefer zee because it has saregama in it..but i still watch both (it's a great way for time pass πŸ˜‰ )
cool water thumbnail
well, good for zee...atleast they had lots of good talent in their show...and not too much behind the back politics like sony...
but they didn't have Amey or Mini πŸ˜ƒ So they lose...