Sharad Kelkar injured rushed to hospital

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Sharad Kelkar injured

The Sindoor...star is rushed to hospital after the accident

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Sharad Kelkar

Sharad Kelkar's working day ended in disaster yesterday on the sets of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka, when he was seriously injured on the sets and had to be rushed to hospital. Sharad lost his balance and slipped, landing on a glass table. The glass of tea he had been holding in his hand broke into pieces and slit his fore-arm. The actor was bleeding profusely when he was rushed to the hospital.

"I had just finished my shot and was looking for a chair near the monitor," says Kelkar. "The ground was wet and slippery due to the rains."

"I was in terrible pain, despite taking painkillers," he adds.  "The cuts were very deep, although stitches were not required. I also took a tetanus shot." However, he did not cancel his shoot. "I didn't want my producer to suffer," he says.

Incidentally, his wife Keerti Gaikawad Kelkar was shooting with him. She went into shock after the accident.  "It's scary to see anyone going through so much pain, says Keerti. "I felt so helpless, standing by and seeing him in agony."

Kelkar even shot the serial for an hour, after being bandaged "However, I've promised Keerti that I'll be taking it easy for a couple of days," he says.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=600935528
Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DeepaliC thumbnail
aw i hope he feels better!.. thanks for posting! 😊
minnitayyaba thumbnail
omg...i hope he feels better...
akirola thumbnail
Wow. Poor guy, what fantastic spirit he has to keep shooting despite his physical pain. It shows you what a kind soul he is. I hope he feels better soon. 😊
lilyrosey thumbnail
aww!! i hope he gets better!!
Shital17 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yea i hope he gets better too! i luv sharad! lol