Update March 8

shudain thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Satbir comes in tired and Roshan asks him where he has been all this while.  Satbir tells him that he went to see all the Haveli Ram's registered but none of them were their father.  They talk about announcing it on the radio when Lajo walks in asks Satbir if he had any luck.  She also agree with the boys about putting an ad on the radio.  Lajo also asks if they'd heard about Bhushan and is disappointed on hearing a no.  She wants to go around the state looking for her family and tells her sons a success story of someone finding their lost son.  Satbir tells her that he wants to earn some money so he can go look for their family.  Lajo gives him 1 rupee and tells him that's all she has saved so far but may be it can get him started on earning his income.  Satbir tells her that with her blessing, he will be able to.

Satbir and Roshan are sitting in the park talking about what Satbir wants to do.  Satbir tells him that he will sell combs and make 8% profit on each.  Roshan tells him lets celebrate with my money and takes out the coins that he took from the rations lady.  Satbir said he does not want to buy anything with that money.  Roshan tells him fine then I have another rupee that I earned for taking two kids across the river and Satbir is disgusted again.  Satbir tells him that if he is going to eat something than it would be bough by some hard earned money (paseene ki kamayi).  Roshan rubs the coins on his sweating forhead and tells Satbir that "yeh mere paseene ki kamayi hai".  Satbir tells him to shut up.  Roshan says fine then you invest this money in your business and we will use the profits to celebrate instead and gives the money to Satbir.  Roshan goes to look for Haveli Ram while Satbir goes to buy bulk combs to sell.  Roshan goes to meet someone named Haveli Ram and finds a different man looking for his own son.  On the other side, Satbir is trying to sells the combs but no one is interested.  Roshan comes back to where Satbir is and they both try to sell a comb to a passerby.  The passerby gives them some coins as beggers and Satbir refuses to accept it while Roshan takes it anyway.  Satbir is again disgusted with Roshan but before they can say anything, they hear the radio announcement for their father and run to listen.

Lajo is sitting in their tent knitting and all of the sudden Master Haveli Ram walks in.  Lajo is excited to see him and Master Haveli Ram tells her that she did the right thing by announcing on the radio.  She knows that he listens to the radio too much and tells her do you remember once you told me that I listen to the radio more than I listen to you (Lajo finishes the sentence for him).  The smile on Lajo's face fades when she realizes that it was just a dream.  She has tears rolling down her eyes when Satbir walks in with Roshan.  They ask her if she heard the radio and she says yes, while she was cleaning the dishes for the people that she works for.  Both Roshan and Satbir tell her that they do not want her to be washing dishes anymore and she tell them as soon as their father returns, she will stop and she will also stop all the household chores because she is going to get them married.  Roshan mocks her about Lochan and Lajo tells her that you will marry the girl of my choice.  She says that she will tell them who the girl is when Master ji returns.  She then start humming a song when Satbir says that he hasn't heard her hum in a long time.  She says that she is happy today and tells them about their dream.  Both Satbir and Roshan put their heads on her lap and just listen (what a beautiful scene between a mother and her two sons…hard to describe in words).  At his time the neighbor lady comes running and says that there is someone outside to visit them.  Lajo thinks its Master ji and runs outside but only is disappointed to see Lochan's mother there. 

Roshan is lying in front of the tent and singing some song when Babli (the girl who's uncle did not accept her) comes there with Satbir.  Both are carrying buckets of water.  Roshan asks for a pillow and Babli says she will get one for him.  When she is looking for the pillow she comes across a picture of Lajo, Veeranwali, and Haveli (the same picture is posted in the picture gallery of this forum).  She asks Satbir about the people in the pic and Satbir tells her about his father and his aunt (who is really his mother but he doesn't know).  He tells Babli that his aunt died in her youth but my mother never really talks about her much yet he feels very connected to her.  Lajo comes in asks them to have some breakfast.  Lochan's mother gets up and asks them what is for breakfast.  Lajo tells her the rotis from last night and Lochan's mom is complaining just like her daughter.  Lochan's mother wants some tea but Satbir says that they do not have money for the tea.  Both Roshan and Satbir do not like Lochan's mother being a burden on them.  Lajo offers the last roti to Satbir and there is none left for her.  Satbir tells her to eat it instead.  Babli comes in with some tea and says that she also has an extra roti to share.  Lajo tells Babli that she does so much for her but she can't do anything for her at all.  Babli gives some tea to Lochan's  mother and offers the extra roti to Satbir who refuses it.  But Lajo tells him to take it and he does.  Lajo picks up the picture and asks who took it out and Satbir says he did.  He asks Lajo about Veeranwali and why Lajo never speaks of her.  Lochan's mother says that Veeranwali committed suicide due to shame.  Lajo tells her that if she is going to behave that way and speak ill of her family then she should just leave.  Satbir asks for the truth and Lajo tells him that Veerawali drowned right after her marriage was fixed to a weathly man.  She says that if she was alive today, Veeranwali would have been living like a queen.

There was also a scene where Babli is taking a bath and holding up the line for water.  Some guy makes rude remarks and Satbir gets into an argument with him.  Roshan comes and separates them. (I had a phone call so missed what exactly happened in this scene)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reetsk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you so much dear for the update !!!!
nilou thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated as in Canada due to the cricket match we are not shown it nowadays on a daily basis.
ekomas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thank you so much once again.