Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan

kumkum- It's gonna be a leap year for TV

Malashetty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hussain and Juhi Parmar: Together forever

It's gonna be a leap year for TV
Wednesday, March 08, 2006  20:05 IST

'Kumkum' is taking a 20-year leap this April along with 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'

Taking leaps into the future has become a common strategy for soaps on television. Whether it is to shoot TRP ratings or to change the track; leaps have always worked.

Joining the bandwagon of 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' is the afternoon show 'Kumkum - Pyaara Sa Bandhan'.

Produced by Bag Films, the show will take a leap from April 10. The protagonist of the show, Juhi Parmar (Kumkum) and Hussain (Sumeet) have agreed to continue with the show. However, sources say that Anuj Saxena's (Jatin) character might be eased out. It is unclear how Jatin will move out of the show. Nothing has been finalised as yet.

As of now 'Kumkum' was one of the few shows which did not take a leap.

Sources close to the show say that the channel decided to change the track because Kumkum's (Juhi) marrying her dead husband's brother was not taken well by the audience. So the storyline had to be changed and Anuj was made into an imposter.

Confirming the leap, Hussain (Sumeet) says, "It's the trend these days to show leaps. The story needs to move on. I am quite kicked about playing the father of grown-up sons. We just have to wait and see how things move."

Hussain who was hosting 'Khulja Sim Sim' currently has only one project. "I am looking out for more work. But right now I am going with the flow. Since most soaps these days are taking leaps, I guess it is only natural that we play along. But the future storyline has not been discussed and we are yet to find out how things will move on."

Presently, the serial shows Kumkum pregnant with Sumeet's twins. The leap will have Kumkum's twins grow up along with Jatin's son. There will be other additional characters in the show too.

Television buffs will also see 'Kyunki...' take another 20 year leap this April. This will the third leap of the show. Aparently, Apara Mehta's death will be followed by Ba's (Sudha Shivpuri) demise.

20 years later...

'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' will take another 20 year leap on April 7 this year. This will be the show's third leap. New characters will be introduced. Apara Mehta will die before the leap  and her character will come to an end with the mercy killing. After Ba's death Tulsi will take her place. Sources say that a fresh face will be introduced who will be called Tulsi. The leap has been scheduled for April 7 as it is producer Ektaa Kapoor's father, actor Jeetendra's birthday. Sources say the new generation will be in focus in the leap.

The other leaps

Kasautii Zindagi Kay - 20-year leap

Kahanii Ghar Ghar Kii - 20 -year leap

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kumkum_001 thumbnail
thanx, he sed being the father of two grown up sons, that means he is going to have a baby boy 😊
Irish_Pride thumbnail
THANX FOR SHARIN........BUT I DON'T WANNA SEE SUMMIT TO BE FATHER OF TWO GROWN SONS.......NO NOT SUMMIT 😡
Iriss thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanx for sharing mala 👏
yeepeeeeeeeeeee kk pregnant with twins 😊 could'nt have been much happier 😛 😊

atleast before leap veena should cum back to her senses n even dadi 😡
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I dont believe this story as true, bec i m nt excited with the idea of kk taking a generation leap, how come both hu and ju agreed to be a part of kk after 20 yr leap, i still dont believe in this story, na naaaah nt working for me.
shabzz123 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article but i am sure there is not going to be a leap remember they said they were going 5 yrz back but wat happen nth so friends just stay clam and plus i remeber onces in pkp they ask juhi and juhi said thank god her soap just not have this 20 yrz leap till far far she even said that they have quite alot of stuff for the time so there is no 20 yrz leap i am positive 😊
*Resham* thumbnail
hey shabu,

even i m positive tht the show will be always a unique one and will nt go with the leap., bec here we r dying to see sukk romance and they r ending it with showing 20 yr leap, come on huju r so young , we want to see more of them, and if they want to show a 20 yr leap bec of getting short of ideas, we will suggest them, they can take up social issues., nways the article lies saying tht when kk married her dead bro's husband people didnt liked it, in fact when this marriage was shown frm tht time only the trps got much better, wht do u say?

Dont u want to see sukk romance more. Wht will happn to all tht preggy romance , i m dying to see it., Wht do u say.,Cmon zara, mehr, shabu, wake up, anku where r u?
preethi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i hope this not true.
kk has a unique story. please it can't take a leap.we have to find it out.
we can't see juhu in older roles.
i agree with you reshma-tam if they are short of ideas we will give them some ideas.
come on all the fans of huju wake up do somthing. 😭 😭
princess belle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
No No No we do not want a leap.
*Resham* thumbnail
hey shabu,

this article has come frm DNa , rem they even went ahead stating tht juhi may not continue as kk, rem again the same paper stated tht su goes ahead and marries abha, so i think tht these articles dont hold any relevant place, god forbid and the leap thing will be false.

Even in Mid day it was clearly said by sanjay upadhyay tht we r nt in the process of taking a 20 yr leap, shabu are u listening????