Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: harrydeo

This is like ending note from my side. I'have really hurt so many peoples on this board.

You guys are really like my family, specially Minnie. And it is important becuase when somethings breaks into your mind you start to find the good/bad and proceed acordingly. I have enough information with me to take further step in My life.

I would specially like to thank Minnie (She is too good at her thoughts), sowmyaa (She had a very keen and caring heart), Aparna_BD, prachi4AJ.

As I said earlier I wanted to see this from both the sides. You guys/gals helped me in getting those thoughts, Internet is really a strong medium. I'm now ready to face the real world face to face.

You guys are really like my family. I may need you at any point of my life. Hope you will help me.

Byee.

Thank you harry.......that was touching.....

You did not hurt anyone. You are welcome to have an opinion and just becasue we differ does not make you wrong.....

Frankly, I understand the feeling of anguish that a couple has to go through if their love life goes wrong for any reason or they aren't accepted with open arms by the society. They don't have to be cousins to go through that turmoil. However, being cousins makes it just a bit more tougher, because, most of us are brought up with the belief that our cousins are our brother and sister. Hence as soon as the morality issue steps in, life does become difficult. Elders are not entirely wrong when they say some things don't work the way youngsters think they should.....elders are not always right, but they do have the experience....

At the end, it's a choice an individual has to make and live with it. My motto is, first don't do it, however, if it has happened, then better take it through to the end......for the simple reason that it has happened.....and then hope for the best.

In case you or anyone near to you are in such a situation, best of luck, and hope things work out.

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
hii....sorry 4 intervening in this serious matter....i know alotta ppl who are married 2 their cousins and have narmal children but their relationships become weird and the kid dunno wat 2 refer 2 reletives by cuz they r releted 2 thm both ways..i guess it wud b weird if u were close 2 the cusin and u spent allota time 2gether and u were like bro-sis but i guess if u live in different countries and sunno each other and havnt really met and dun have sibling like feeling thn i dun think iz tht bad....but ya i wudnt wanna marry my cuzin
Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I personally wouldnt dissaprove.

I know many cases of cousin marraiges that are rocking with rocking babies and happy families.

One reason why folks encouraged these relationships (where I come from) is because of practical common sense issues that people were facing in families.

In India in a scenario where marraiges are fixed with unknown people through websites and classified advertisements, how much can you really know of these people.

Would you wed your daughter to someone who would cook her in a Tandoori Grill?
Would you wed your daughter who would blow her up in the kitchen?

It seemed more friendlier an environment and lessens the sometimes nasty surprises after marraige, or there is less probability of nuisance value like dowry demands, mean in laws.

There wouldnt be too great a change for the girl to settle down in a foreign environment because she has known all these people in her life, their values and she knows they like her because she has always been family.

Here cousins grow up together thinking they will be married to each other not that they are brother and sister. That's one way in this culture. I dont see this as morally wrong or disgusting, No it doesnt freak me out or make me puke. Its their life and their choice.

It is acceptable in some societies and legal in India.

And on the ever interesting issue of whats acceptable-

One of my childhood friends is Muslim. His family intended him to marry his cousin all his life but he has finally decided he is not confused he is indeed gay. He intends to stay single all his life because he fears family rebuke if he lives with a man.

His cousin is still in love with him and wants to marry him.

He knows what he will do but

What choice is more acceptable in society, gay marraige or cousin marraige?
prachi4AJ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Thank you harry.......that was touching.....

You did not hurt anyone. You are welcome to have an opinion and just becasue we differ does not make you wrong.....

Frankly, I understand the feeling of anguish that a couple has to go through if their love life goes wrong for any reason or they aren't accepted with open arms by the society. They don't have to be cousins to go through that turmoil. However, being cousins makes it just a bit more tougher, because, most of us are brought up with the belief that our cousins are our brother and sister. Hence as soon as the morality issue steps in, life does become difficult. Elders are not entirely wrong when they say some things don't work the way youngsters think they should.....elders are not always right, but they do have the experience....

At the end, it's a choice an individual has to make and live with it. My motto is, first don't do it, however, if it has happened, then better take it through to the end......for the simple reason that it has happened.....and then hope for the best.

In case you or anyone near to you are in such a situation, best of luck, and hope things work out.

Aww Harry...U dont have to thank or say sorry to friends yaar 😊 Its da feelings dat matter,words r just a superficial medium with which we,mere,mortals try our best to let our needs,sorrows,desires and joys be known to the world.......coz as da quote goes " Its a Luxury to be Understood ! " And u ARE Harry 😊 

MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
as a muslim we don've ny restrictions on marrying czn's.
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
sorry t ppl hu feel otherwise but ewwwwww..YUCK!! dats nasty, ur cousin is like ur brother, how can u..ew. My cousins n I talked about dis and we all went ewwww..this is funny for me, cuz im like lookin for a girl 4 my cousin. LOL..its nasty cuz im soo close to them (guys and gals) to think that someone romantically love their cousin freaks me out..dont they kinda have the same blood as you? dat wut i think
KArishma***
saniyaa thumbnail
I THINK WE SHUD JUS END ALL DIS,WOT SAY?