Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: harrydeo

Yar this is debate. People on this forum talk about maliika sherwat to Fair and Lovely.

πŸ˜† sorry, i know there is serious discussiong going here but that was cute...i could not stop laughing! πŸ˜›
zara_123 thumbnail
i tink that this topic is great, i stand for the youth in my constuancy (bad speller sozzie!) here in l.a, we often debate issues such as this.........
u see these americans are amazed at how muslim men can have more than 1 wife, many find it disgusting but regarding the fact that there are more than four times more women in the world then men. it would be more decent for a women to live and have kids whilst stayin a virgin and die leaving no child to carry her name........that wud be a shame too............
on the same line cousin relationships might be hated but there are reasons for it too
sorri if ive sed sumthing off topic!!!!!!
Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i think its disgusting, they r like ur brother and sisters! 🀒
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
no harry you mistake me. i am not offended by your question. it was just curiousity that made me wonder. because the subject is a repeat. and in 3 months time you have started another thread on the same subject which made me wonder. and everybody has come up with the same arguements. which made me wonder.

if you do have an agenda, you are welcome to it. i was not objecting to anything. im indifferent to people marrying their cousins. there are people who have married cousins and had healthy off spring, and others who had not. likewise people who have married outside their family and have kids who are not in the best of health.

science has proved that marrying into your family for many generations causes unhealthy babies. but the marriage itself is per se the wish of the family, the people concerned and other circumstances.
harrydeo thumbnail
I dont understand this whole agenda thing.

You guys are like my family. Ok. So before I take my thoughts to my family I'm bringing it to you guys. To get an Idea how they are going to react on this and will I be able to make them understand ?

It is like one guy discussing some serious issue of his life with his family members.

Thats it. If this could be think of like an agenda then this is it.Edited by harrydeo - 18 years ago
prachi4AJ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
First Of all Harry.....GrEAT Topic 😊 Its a Welcome change πŸ‘

As Far As the " not-brotherly-Love " between Cousins or any other relations is concerned,I feel it happens more when ppl r younger,and simply Curious abt knowing da Opposite Sex πŸ˜• And so when they get in contact with even their relations,They have dat " Attraction Factor " for 'em which is but natural in teenage.Although I am Not in Favour of any such kind of Attraction,mental,or physical between members of da same family,bcoz I Feel its not Natural,and many - a times ( but not always ) it comes out to be not 'Love ' in da real sense but simply Physical Attraction.But Shud a situation of indulging in such a romance occur,there's no need to go " Oh My Gawd " abt it,and interpretate it as something harmless,as long as it doesn't go overboard,and try to look at the matter in a more mature and reasonable manner 😊 As Long as it doesn't create any out-of-control situations 😊All of us know da fate of such relationships,which is never in da favour of da " Lovers ".So why indulge in such a romance that's gonna lead nowhwhere ?

Just my views guys,Hope I haven't offended any1 πŸ˜ƒ
Kay Kay thumbnail
Interesting topic. While I don't want to battle the morality of the issue, I must add that sometimes we do things we shouldn't... even if they appear strange and dated. Loyalty, family ties, the duty owed to an ideal..in our time, these obligations seem to have lost their force as motivators and connectors.
harrydeo thumbnail
Since I started this thread, I never talked about child hood crushes, or some thing which is cheap. I'm talking about love which satisfies by all means the real meaning of that particular word. Love that is timeless. Couples I know are mostly in love for 2,4,6,7 and even 10 years. Childhood crushes can't remain for that long.

In today's world, one is get bored with his/her boy friend/girlfriend in 6 months or even lesser. Even they are involved romantically with their boyfriend/girlfriend they keep seeing others. Means in general we can see one have five lovers and each five has a separate five lovers. When some tough situation comes in between them (some really tough situation), they easily breakup. There is breakup and patch game continuously going over there.

I'm not talking about that kind of love. When a cousin is romantically involved with other cousin, it is emotion which comes into play first before the physical attraction. Even they know what are the risks involved they continue. Because, they can't breakup. They can't love anybody else. Image of lover in their mind is fixed on one single person. Love continues to evolve for years. They should be couples as they can't be any body else. Some understand family situation make their life as hell. All because of true love.
sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: harrydeo

When some tough situation comes in between them (some really tough situation), they easily breakup.

I'm not talking about that kind of love. When a cousin is romantically involved with other cousin, it is emotion which comes into play first before the physical attraction. Even they know what are the risks involved they continue. Because, they can't breakup. They can't love anybody else. Image of lover in their mind is fixed on one single person. Love continues to evolve for years. They should be couples as they can't be any body else. Some understand family situation make their life as hell. All because of true love.

Harrydeo what are you trying to say here? Love that breaks up due to some hard situation is not true love. How will you define a true love? A love that rebells? A love that hurts all their close people around them? A love that brings shame to their family? I don't think that is "true" love. So probably meaning of true love depends upon individual. Yes, i agree physical attraction is not involved "sometime" but that does not mean because of your selfish love and life you hurt all the people who have played major role in your life. Your parents!! I don't think "true" love is if you die for someone. That to me is filmy and bollywood. Yes, family situation make their life as hell but don't you think that that's the family who taught them how to love?? All I am saying is Love is "part" of your life..it's not your life!! I belive in this. no offense made, but I didn't agree with some of the statements above, including love that breaks up easily due to situation in life is not a true love.
fire_on_ice thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well I do know that South indians have this culture of marrying their own cousins... its like even close cousins can get married...
A friend of mine got married to a cousin... I have nothing against it... lekin its kinda weird!