Bobby Deol returns with the long delayed

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Bobby Deol made to the screens last December with Suneel Darshans' 'Dosti' starring Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor and Lara Dutta. The film did fair amount of business. Returning back to the screen once again, Bobby's 'Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai' along with Amisha Patel and Arjun Rampal will be releasing this Friday. The film has been stuck for long after the sudden demise of Bunty Soorma. But the cast and crew of the film are happy that it is at last seeing the light of the day.

Excerpts from the Interview:

What interested you to sign this romantic film at the hour when you were known more as an action hero?

Bunty was Sunny Bhaiya's childhood and long time friend and I too shared a very good rapport with him. This is the reason I signed this film. It is sad to see that he is no more among us to see his film complete. I'm glad that the film is complete and Bunty's wish has come true.

The film is releasing after a long delay?

That is true. After Bunty's death the film laid in the cans for long until Vikram Bhatt took over the film's direction. There was a delay but what matters most is that the film is releasing at the end of the day.

Do you think that the delay will hamper the film?

There was a long gap in between when the film started shooting again.  After Vikram took over the film there were many changes made to the original story. It is not easy to start working on a film that has already started under some other person. So there were changes made in the outer appearance of the film. The delay in the production definitely made people lose their interest on the film. I hope it does well. It is a nice and beautiful film.

Tell us something more about your character the film.

To be true there is not much variety to my role. You'll see me playing a rich guy who is free spirited and lives life to the full. As the film proceeds I come across a girl (Amisha Patel). She is very beautiful but is very sad in life. I get to know what she has gone through in her life and try to make her happy. I fall in love with her and decide to marry her.

What are your expectations from the film?

Personally this film is indeed very special for me. Owing to the family story I think the Indian audience will love the film.

How was it working with Arjun Rampal?

I'm working with him for the first time but I've known him for a long right from his modeling days. He is a close friend and he is a very good guy.

What is the film you're shooting right at this moment?

I'm currently tied to 'Aapne' and recently we completed a major schedule of the film. I'm working with dad and Sunny bhaiya for the first time in this film. There was lots of fun working with them but I was as well nervous shooting with dad. Glad that it went well. My first scene with him was an emotional one and it was shot well.

What are the films that you've signed?

I'm doing Imtiaz Ali's next with Ayesha Takia. The film will start rolling from March and I'm all geared about it. I know Imtiaz personally well and have wanted to work with him after his debut film. It's an absolute love story.

You've changed the territory from an action hero to a romantic one?

Audience at a time started believing that only my actions film would work at the box office and in Punjab and Delhi circle. But I want to do something different now and with the overseas success of Barsaat and Dosti I am looking forward to do different kinds of films.

And how is your new restaurant running?

My restaurant Some Place Else has got a good response and I'm happy about it. I'm glad that it is doing well. The food and ambience there is good. I can't be there always but I hope that people like the place.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

navpun thumbnail
Why do all Amisha Patel movies get struck???
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
m goin 2 watch dis film ova da weekend..looks reali gd..hope she goes wiv arjun rampal..seein as tho he iz er 1st luv in da film!!!!!!!!!!!! its gd gr8 music n songz!!!!!!!!! hope it duz do well... 😃