Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Shweta Prasad AKA Childhood Shruti

honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Shweta

"I'm a good girl like Shruti" : Shweta Prasad
Vashi2Panvel.com: Navi Mumbai: February 17: She won over the celebrities and viewers alike in the recent Star Screen Awards by her 'Thank You' speech. Her grace, her charm and her obliging spirit left everyone spell bound as she became the most charismatic speaker of the night. This precocious 12-year old child wonder who displays the maturity of a teenager charms you with her talk. Meet the winsome and articulate Shweta Prasad who amassed critical acclaim and appreciation for her challenging roles in Makdee and Iqbal.

Shweta who gives the credit to her mother for recognizing her acting talents when she was just four years old feels that there have been several turning points in her life. "For me each and every project that I undertake is like a new lesson. It's a new chapter of my life. I've learnt so much from Sakshi Aunty (Sakshi Tanwar of Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii (KGGK). Also, Shabana aunty helped me immensely while shooting for Makdee and likewise all my projects were a learning experience. I have to remember what I've learnt in the past and learn new things with new people both in the present and the future," she says.

Shweta started her acting career with Balaji Productions' Star's chart buster (KGGK), "I used to mime my favourite actors in front of the mirror and if I was enacting an emotional scene I would squirt water in my eyes. My mother (who is a scriptwriter) noticed me and realized that I've the talents to make it big," she recalls. After almost two and half years, she gave auditions for television serials and it was then that she got her big break in the Ekta Kapoor daily. Besides, she has also done cameo roles in Sony's CID. "After Kahanii…'s year leap when Ekta aunty (Ekta Kapoor) informed me that I will no more be a part of the Agarwal family, I was very heart-broken. In fact, I even cried," she says. Soon, serials like Kutumb, Karishma ka Karishma and Magic Make-up box followed.

Shweta who claims to be a spontaneous actress can easily relate herself to 'Shruti', her reel-life portrayal of Parvati's daughter in KGGK. "I'm a good girl like Shruti," she beams and adds further with gleam in her eyes, "I'm very obedient and a good daughter.
But I can also connect myself easily to Makdee's Chunni where I play a prankster as I'm also very naughty. I play a lot of harmless pranks with friends and I really enjoy doing so." Shweta doesn't like the 'celebrity status' that her friends give her. She feels many of them have changed after she got into acting and that makes her feel very uncomfortable. "Some of my classmates who earlier hardly even bothered to see after me are all of a sudden trying to become my bosom friends. A few of my teachers are also rude to me though I'm good at studies. To be really honest I've lost several friends as I entered this new profession but a few are still holding on to me and I know that's true friendship so I've no qualms about losing anyone…," grieves Shweta who's also contemplating changing her school. Edited by honeylime - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

114268 thumbnail
nice ya i remember her seeing in iqbal and she played a brilliant shruti. keep it up sweta.sakshi and her moms are friends.
honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh Man, when I saw Iqbal, all the while I kept thinking I have seen her somewhere, n thanx for telling me this. Shez done a wonderful role there.
shahidlover24 thumbnail
ahhaa...she's only 12 😲...she looks a few years older than that 😕
I haven't seen Iqbal but she did an awesum job in KGGK!

Thanks for sharing!
.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for sharing the article
sangitadas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
She's done great in Iqbal and also Makdee. No one shld miss it.

Her friend is none other than Mohnish's daughter, Pranutan.