Users

Frequent Posters

Swastika thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Sunidhi for me though I like Alisha.
luvmusic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I was awestruck with her as a kid in Meri Awaz Suno.But didnt quite expect the same girl to sing the way she did in Mast.I guess her age and success and tinsel town's 'chamak-dhamak' mislead her.She got carried away and made lot of mistakes to get an image for herself. But all said and done, I think she managed herself really well and has had a wide range of renditions to her credit.

My choice Sunidhi anyday over Alisha.
giggles_2005 thumbnail
Alisha has been around for donkeys years now...she got her chances...why didnt she make it big if she is so massively talented...u must give credit of the kajrare song to Shankar-Ehsan-Loy, big B, Aby Baby, Aishwarya and not just Alisha...not taking away from her wonderful rendition tho' ..but hats off to the music directors who thot that the song needed an Alisha ....
taikoo thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhimpalasi

what does someone's marriage or divorce have to do with their talent? I find that really offensive.

Agree 100%

As for who is better... Alisha Chinai lacks serious training, and her breath control .. rather lack of it, proves it. Sunidhi Chauhan is an effortless singer... her breath control is superb and her range fantastic. today she sings peppy numbers, tomorrow she can do more soulful ones.

No comments...

As for Usha Uthup... she is still around on the live music scene... i think she was immensely talented, but suited to only certain kinds of songs.. and besides in an industry where 2 sisters were fighting against each  other for every song that came out, do you really think it was easy for such a different voice to find space? Especially in the 70s when lata sang all the heroine songs and asha all the vampish ones??? They were typecast among themselves... and we, the audience are as responsible as music directors and film makers for setting these preconceived stereotypes.

bhimpalasi, This surely is a loaded one.....appreciate your courage to bring this out in a subtle fashion....

Edited by taikoo - 18 years ago
wicked_angel thumbnail

Originally posted by: bunbutt_too

πŸ‘ Well said,
and I respect your choice. Cheers!!!

Thx 😊

Jay718718 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

I'll agree with Rausaji.

I first saw Sunidhi sing on that talent hunt called Meri Aawaz Suno. I still remember mom being mesmerised by her versatility and range and technique. She'd sing the toughest of Asha and Lata numbers with ease and without ado.

She could've gone FAR. But she screwed up her career with her marriage and being typecast into item numbers.

I like Alisha's voice though.

u serious she did get married..can u please tell abt tht in details..

n yea sunidhi is betta den alisha..alisha is nice too
neel_jay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree with wicked_angel when she says that Alisha has a very sexy voice and it's the very voice that I'm a huge fan of! Alisha's voice has sensuality, mystery… I thought Twinkle had this quality to some extent too. But that is a different topic altogether.

Coming back to Alisha and Sunidhi, I think Sunidhi is technically stronger than Alisha. I don't think Alisha can sing semi-classical type songs well. I used to like Sunidhi better when she was younger but recently I watched some of her stage performances and she sucked big time! She made a mockery of herself as a singer in those shows. But stage shows aside, I like her recorded songs except for her voice in the higher range. Did you guys pay attention to the "gore gore" song from "Main Hoon Na"? Sunidhi shared the female part with Shreya Ghoshal. Although I'm no fan of Shreya, I really found Sunidhi's voice in the song extremely unpleasant! It was very harsh and rough. Did anyone else feel the same?

On the other hand, listening to Alisha's "Tinka Tinka" is a treat to my ears!!!

But please guys, don't insult Kavita Krishnamurty by comparing her to either Sunidhi or Alisha!!!

Just my 2 cents.
pams309 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Sunidhi is much better singer, anyday...she is versatile. and she is not one song wonder. technically also, she is much much better.
about alisha, we cant rank her 1st( n kavita 3rd) just becoz one of her songs have become big hit!
in my opinion we can judge abt singers n their talent...only when they perform , live on stage.
recprding mein, every1 sounds good.
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sunidhi is really up there on my list alongwith Shreya. She has such a "power-packed" voice.
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: neel_jay

But please guys, don't insult Kavita Krishnamurty by comparing her to either Sunidhi or Alisha!!!

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with that 100%. In such discussions it is very important to stick to comparing "apples with apples" as they say, and not comparing "apples with oranges."

Additionally when comparing "apples with apples" it is equally important to stick to one type of apple and avoid comparing two different types of apples. For example comparing a "Red Delicious with Fuji" makes no sense. Alisha and Sunidhi's voices are of the same ilk so comparing them is valid. Who is better is subject to personal preference as we are seeing in this thread. However introducing other female singers to this would turn this whole discussion into a mere exercise in polemics. So could we keep the equation to Alisha v Sunidhi.

By the way I started to dislike Sunidhi's voice in her solo concerts that are broadcast on ZeeTV periodically. Conversely, Sukhvinder Singh has been as fantastic in his solo concerts as his recordings. Just another thought. 😊 😊