sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Ali Hassan
Remember Aryan from Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii? Ali Hassan, popularly known as Aryan during his stint with Kahaani, has now moved on from the show and is on the lookout for work elsewhere.

"It's been ages since I shot for Kahaani," he said. What triggered his decision to quit the show? "I didn't want to be standing on the sides, doing nothing. Initially, the character was built up really well, and there was a lot to do. But with time, I realised it got sidelined.  Also, I was longing for a break which was overdue for a long time."

Long hiatus

After bidding Kahaani goodbye, Ali was lying low for quite some time. "I didn't want to continue doing the same thing over and over again. There are so many different things that one can do."

In his break, the actor did a couple of educational films, attended functions and chilled out. However, he's now back to work with CID - Special Bureau, where he plays a double role.

Recently, he returned from Jaipur, where he shot for the episode. "I have not one, but two roles. As Randhir, I play a tapori character, and as Karan, a suave businessman." What about his trademark long mane – does it stay? "Yes, it does. I have had them curled a bit, just like they were in the beginning of my Kahaani days."

New beginnings

In the long run, Ali wants to do movies. "I am meeting people on a daily basis, and films are something I definitely plan on doing. It's an exciting time for me, and at the same time, I feel nervous. For me, it's a fresh start. I realised that if you look outside, there's lots of work to do."

Hassan has bought a flat in Malad, where he plans to move when it gets ready. "I haven't had much time to check on it; the interiors are being done. But I am looking forward to moving in soon."