~LiNa~ thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Udita Goswami
"I will do only solo heroine films"
She is back! Mohit Suri's Zeher was the last film that she was seen in! The film turned out to be a bitter experience for her. She felt that her role was not depicted on screen the way it was described to her. She has pulled up her socks and taking all necessary precautions so as not to be cheated again. "Thankfully Aksar has me in solo lead," she says. An interview with Udita Goswami!

Parag Maniar

It seems that after your bitter experience in films you have decided to do only solo heroine films? Yes that's true! They say once burnt a lesson learnt! Zeher was definitely a learning experience. Believe me after Zeher I had been offered a number of films but all of them were two heroine projects and I turned them down. I have decided that I will never do a film that will have another female parallel lead. Thankfully the two films that I have agreed to do, Amar Joshi Shahid Ho Gaya and Kisse Pyar Karoon have me in the solo lead. That's the reason why I agreed to do them.

What about Mohit Suri? Will you work with him again?
I will never work with Mohit again. Not that I hold any grudges against him. Mohit and I are friends today. I don't want to mix work with friendship. If two individuals choose to be friends then they should avoid getting into any kind of professional commitments. Mohit's sister, Smiley and I good friends too! It is because of Smiley that Mohit and I kept in touch.

What is Aksar all about?

Aksar is about these three characters—Dino, Emraan and I who are into a relationship only because they have some motive to achieve. Each one is trying to outwit the other psychologically. The character that I play is model cum actress who is absolutely unpredictable and unassuming. It was toughest character I have played till date.

How was it working with Anant Mahadevan?
Anant Mahadevan was a darling to work with. He is very patient on the sets. He always gave me an opportunity to improve myself before the camera no matter how the retakes they would have to do. And he was so polite I have never come across such polite man in my life.

And Dino Morea and Emraan Hashmi…
When I began shooting with Emraan for Zeher, I didn't like him. He kept to himself all the time. Gradually as I began to know him I realized that he was a genuinely shy guy who needed his own space. I used to think he is full of himself but I learnt that he is not! Dino was sweet. A wonderful costar to work with!