Suneel Darshan confirms Bobby Deol for hi

Anoli thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Suneel Darshan confirms Bobby Deol for his next!

By Manissha Despaande, Bollywood Trade News Network

View Dosti Press Meet Picture GalleryHaving successfully come out of MERE JEEVAN SAATHI, which finally made its way to the theatres this week, Suneel Darshan is now set to start work on his project, which is expected to commence in March this year. The casting of the film, which he will produce and direct, is currently being planned but it goes without saying that his new favorite Bobby Deol, who's taken Akshay Kumar's place in his camp, will be a part of the film. "There are no two ways about the fact that Bobby will play the main protagonist in the film. I share a great rapport with him and I would like to work with him in every film if that is possible. He is indispensable to me," says Darshan, who is reticent to divulge more details about his film at this stage.

Besides his own film, there's the film to be directed by Manisha Malhotra, which will take off in the second half of 2006 and the launch pad of his son, Shiv Darshan, which will start in early 2007. "I have my hands full at the moment," he says. Meanwhile, he is unperturbed by the poor opening response to MERE JEEVAN SAATHI. "I never expected a great opening for the film either way. I am aware of the fact that the curiosity factor about the film was missing, what with the long delay and the fact that Akshay has had too many releases in the recent past. What I am happy about is the fact that we have been able to pull off the release successfully despite the several obstacles we had to overcome," he says.

Send Mere Jeevan Saathi EcardsMoreover he is hopeful that the film will pick up with word of mouth publicity. "As a film it is very good and deserves to be seen. I hope it gets its due even if it's only marginally," he says. Interestingly both Akshay Kumar and Karishma Kapoor seems to be oblivious of the fact that the film has finally made it, though this may well be Karishma Kapoor's last release (unless she decides to stage a comeback in films) and Akshay's last release with Suneel Darshan. According to Darshan, he hasn't heard from Karishma for a long time now and has been out of touch with Akshay for several months.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
hmm not a big fan of Bobby, but thanks anywayz!😆