sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
February 2006 is an acid test for Dino Morea. He has three films lined up for release- 'Aksar', 'Fight Club' and 'Holiday'. Meet him in an interview with TWF correspondent Vickey Lalwani.

Q: You return back to films after a long time. Did you take a break of sorts?
A: I'll be facing the audience again after a long time that is true. I haven't taken a break or any such thing. I don't care if this sounds cliched but the fact of the matter is that I'm doing less work now, as I've got very choosy about the films that I want to do. After making some fatal errors in my career I would like to amend that with some good work.

Q: How was it to work with Pooja Bhatt in 'Holiday'?
A: She is a tough taskmaster but also a very good director. She had to be a taskmaster to get things done from us. She has done her job perfectly. In every frame of the film you can see the smoothness and refinement she has dealt with while capturing the moments. Being a women filmmaker she has a lot of aesthetic sense of film making.

Q: The film demands a lot of dancing. How good were you at that?
A: I'm a very good dancer and so I didn't face any nervousness and goose flesh while gliding through the steps. Most people don't know that I can dance very well. Somebody has to see me in nightclub to see that (laughs). I've a very good rhythm co-ordination with my body. I am going to leave an impact in 'Holiday'.

Q: Did you train yourself specially to enhance your performance?
A: Yes. In 'Holiday', we've to move our steps to the Latin-American dance form. To get into the skin of the character, I underwent dancing workshops for eight to nine months. As I play a dance instructor, I hade to appear true to my move.

Q: 'Holiday' is being said as the remake of 'Dirty Dancing'?
A: I don't think so, though the film is common in the fact that dance forms the base and language to shape the confidence of a girl to help her realize that she is not ordinary.

Q: Tell us about 'Aksar'?
In 'Aksar', Udita Goswami and I are a married couple. She plays a psychotic, high-strung woman and I, a smooth villain (laughs). 'Aksar' is a suspense thriller that also stars Tara Sharma and Irrfan Khan. It is produced by Shyam Bajaj and scripted by Sujit Sen.

Q: Go on...
A: Actually, I have decided to go in for a change in 2006. I play a Casanova in Dharmesh Darshan's next (laughs). In 'Fight Club', I play a collegian, Karan. And then I have 'Tom Dick and Harry' where I plays a whacky, deaf comedian- Tom.

Q: You were the second choice in 'Aksar'. Your role was earlier offered to Ashmit Patel?
A: That's fine. If I hadn't done it, somebody else would have. As long as I love the role and have given my hundred per cent to it, how does it matter?

Q: We haven't heard much about any link ups with you. Are you single?
A: There are lots of girls and ladies who I am friendly with, but I am not seeing anybody presently.

Q: What is the scene with Nandita Mahtani?
A: The time has come for me to say it. Nandita Mahtani (ex-wife of Sunjay Kapoor who is Karisma Kapoor's ex-husband) and I were seeing each other for at least a year. But today, I am single.

Q: What went wrong?
A: Wherever we went, we were written about. It began to become too loud for her. Nandita is not used to being a public figure. Plus, I was travelling a lot, due to my shoots. So, distance was an issue. We were not married for her to understand that (smiles).

Q: Are you still in touch with Nandita?
A: We still meet but in a group. From there, sometimes our group even heads for a party. We talk to each other on the phone. When she reads any gossip about me, she calls to say 'Hey, I thought I was going to be the first one to know' (pauses).

Q: Please continue...
A: There was never any marriage commitment between Mahtani and Morea, it was a relationship on the rebound. I had split with Bipasha and Nandita had just come out of a relationship. We were not thinking in those terms. I must add that Nandita is the most amazing person that I have met in my life so far. She has the biggest heart and she is very friendly.