Manish Jha repeats Tulip Joshi in ANWAR!

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

View Matrubhoomi Movie StillsAfter her hard-hitting performance in Manish Jha's critically acclaimed MATRUBHOOMI, Tulip Joshi has once again been signed by Jha to play the lead role in his next film, ANWAR. The film according to Tulip is a love story set in Lucknow of an obsessive boy who will go to any limits to attain his love. Tulip plays the role of a Muslim girl, Gul Mehru in the film. Jha is likely to confirm Randeep Hooda, to play the role of the obsessive lover. Says Tulip, "MATRUBHOOMI was a futuristic and unconventional film in the kind of shocking impact it had but this one falls into a totally different genre. Of course Jha has his own perception about the way he would like to portray the characters in this film. I am looking forward to working with him once again," Tulip reveals, adding that she is also excited about shooting in Lucknow for the film. "The place has its own distinct culture and I am eagerly looking forward to going there besides studying the nuances of the character," she adds.

On the other hand, she also makes it clear that she is eager to get into the commercial arena. "I have no problems doing off-beat films but I want to make it clear that I am very much open to doing commercial films," she says, adding that her debut, MERE YAAR KI SHAADI HAI and her last release, DIL MAANGE MORE, were both essentially commercial films.

Besides ANWAR, Tulip is also doubling up as an actor and a scriptwriter for an international project, details of which she would not like to reveal at this stage. "It is a subject that I have been working on for the past few months now and it will hopefully be announced later this year," she says. She is also currently preoccupied with 'Kimaya', a therapy propounded by beau, Vinod Nair that has had a dramatic and life-changing effect on the many people who have experienced it. "It has deeply touched my life. In fact, I owe my well being to Kimaya, which helped me regain my health and self-confidence at one point of time. I have now made it my mission to make more people aware of this therapy," she says.