Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

apparaohoare thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Although I feel that Shaan does a wonderful job, but I think Sonu was better. Sonu used to start the show with an amazing song everyday. He could sing anything. That's what Shaan lack. He cannot sing difficult classical based songs.
riddler100 thumbnail
Should we ask for the age of the respondents as they reply to the poll 😉 ?
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: riddler100

Should we ask for the age of the respondents as they reply to the poll 😉 ?

Sure go ahead please.  I have missed the show from Jan 2001 to Dec 2003, other than that I have watched all episodes of SRGM.  So, I can't believe that Sonu is getting 5 votes and Shaan getting aroud 30.  I bet when Sonu used to host the show these guys were in diapers. 

Sonu was awesome.  He was so humble then (although I hate his arrogance now).  Do you remember the episode where Sonu bowed down and touched his head to Anil Biswas ji's feet.   Where is that sonu now.

Kanta80 thumbnail

No doubt has to be Sonu...

Well, this is not a fair poll because there are probably <100 people who have seen this show when Sonu was a host. I'm sure the rest dont even know that Ayaan and Amaan (did I get the names correct) have been hosts of this show as well. The show has gained this popularity amongst the masses only since the format changed to that of a "reality show". In the 90s, it was just a music show (salute GS for the idea though) that catered to a niche audience. Can you actually imagine some of the forum members (y'all know which group I'm talking about) listening to the songs sung by Parthiv/Mukund/Mohd Vakil/Junaid/Tyagaraj/Amey/.../...?
How can these people be expected to vote for Sonu Nigam...

Kanta80 ji,
Do you remember the ad - "pehla pyaar laaye jeevan mein bahaar" - Jay saabun 😆. Aapka pehla pyar nahin, aapka pehla crush tha 😉

Riddler100, you have gotten the names correct, Aman and Ayan, sons of Ustad Amjad Ali Khan Sahab. I enjoyed those old SaReGaMa shows in a different way. Of course I remember Mohd Vakil, Amey (who's in Indian Idol 2 now), Parthiv, ... and I am sure you didn't forget Sanjeevani, Bela, Sneha Pant and Shreya Ghoshal. And it still takes my breath away when I remember of the Mega Final where Mohd Vakil and Bela took the first prizes and all those funny and precious moments among all the respected judges (Naushad Sahab, O.P. Nayyarji, Maharaniji, Parveen Sultanaji, ...) and of course cannot forget Sonu's humbleness. People who watched those shows know what I am talking about.

riddler100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: apparaohoare

Sure go ahead please.  I have missed the show from Jan 2001 to Dec 2003, other than that I have watched all episodes of SRGM.  So, I can't believe that Sonu is getting 5 votes and Shaan getting aroud 30.  I bet when Sonu used to host the show these guys were in diapers. 

Sonu was awesome.  He was so humble then (although I hate his arrogance now).  Do you remember the episode where Sonu bowed down and touched his head to Anil Biswas ji's feet.   Where is that sonu now.

Yes I remember that. He said something to the effect "agar hamaara mastak film music hai tou woh aapke kadamon par hona chahiye" and touched his head to Anil da's feet...
Kahan gaye woh log...

riddler100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kanta80

Riddler100, you have gotten the names correct, Aman and Ayan, sons of Ustad Amjad Ali Khan Sahab. I enjoyed those old SaReGaMa shows in a different way. Of course I remember Mohd Vakil, Amey (who's in Indian Idol 2 now), Parthiv, ... and I am sure you didn't forget Sanjeevani, Bela, Sneha Pant and Shreya Ghoshal. And it still takes my breath away when I remember of the Mega Final where Mohd Vakil and Bela took the first prizes and all those funny and precious moments among all the respected judges (Naushad Sahab, O.P. Nayyarji, Maharaniji, Parveen Sultanaji, ...) and of course cannot forget Sonu's humbleness. People who watched those shows know what I am talking about.

Kanta ji, do you remember the "thitholi" between OP saaheb and Rajkumari ji when she sang "Nazariya ki maari, mari guiyaan". As I said earlier, "kahan gaye woh log"...
riddler100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kanta80

and I am sure you didn't forget Sanjeevani, Bela, Sneha Pant and Shreya Ghoshal.

Oh Sanjeevani ji, even though I didn't like her facial expressions when she sang, oh man, when she sang that composition by Anil Biswas in one of the finals (the round with no accompanying music), that totally bowled me over...
Kanta80 thumbnail

Oh Sanjeevani ji, even though I didn't like her facial expressions when she sang, oh man, when she sang that composition by Anil Biswas in one of the finals (the round with no accompanying music), that totally bowled me over...

She looked funny when singing but she was really good with Lataji songs. I am listening to Mohd. Vakil songs now. He is awesome.

riddler100 thumbnail
Does EVERYONE but me have these songs from the old saregama??? 😡 😉

Just for that, I'm going to bring out my real real oldie collection and listen to Pankaj Mullick sing Tagore's "Ami shraban akaashe oi"...
shidal thumbnail
mera bas chale too shaan ji ko main 10000 vote de dungi.kuyn ki ek aadmi jo abhi tak aapni aap ko nutral rakhaa. gandhegi me rahke bhi komol(lotus) ki tarah saaf hai. my hats off to him. kaise jhagre ko musical debate ki naam deke usko achha bana dia. lekin mera ek shikayet hai ki jisko bas 4 states se vote mila usko bolte hai ki aapko sare desh se vote milraha hai.yea kaise? jab ki india me 26 states hai."JEE HAAN" mujhe lagta hai yea bolne ke lia unko bola gaya hai. any way i respect him.god bless him.