And I liked the awkward pause...😍
Fab update and keep updating...😊

Falling for Sasha??🀣🀣

Meet me in AG...I will show you something.🀣
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: LuvScooby

Oye Hoye...Jazzy puttar, u updated, me happy-shappy ji.  Oh, so coming to the update, that line "she watched the man who was her life and the man with whom she should soon be sharing her life" stole my heart. 

For someone like me who admires my dad, I can tell u how important it is to find a partner who can bestow the same respect Maan showed for Geet's father.  I bet that if she didn't feel anything for Maan before this encounter, this surely created a respect and tiny little place for him in her heart.
Ditto!!! 

So, MSK will be staying in Handa haveli...ok, I have too many hopes with Maaneet under same roof, but will hold my excitement in until I read the next update πŸ˜³

Don't get your hopes that high tooπŸ˜† It was the 1980s. 

Glad you liked the update sakhiπŸ€—

jazzerette thumbnail

Originally posted by: hopehot

LOVED IT

thanks for the pm
sorry for late reply

Koi na...glad you liked it :)
jazzerette thumbnail

Originally posted by: leverne

Awesome update..loved maan and geet ka father ka bonding..

Originally posted by: disha_Maan.GC

awesome update dear 
loved it

Thank you...glad you liked it :)
jazzerette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnaluv94

Loved the update! I had so missed these updates! Thank you for the amazing update! Can't wait to read more! 

Aww...thank you πŸ€—
jazzerette thumbnail

Originally posted by: maan-ki-sanjana

Very nice update!

Loved how down to earth Maan was with Mohinder...good to see the two bonding as well as Geet seeing the good side to Maan.πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you ...glad you liked it :)
jazzerette thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna1

great part
when are u updating next
plz continue soon

Thanks...

Updating now...
jazzerette thumbnail
Chapter 16
A Face with a Smile - Part 2

(Handa Haveli...)

"Chaiyyiji," Sashi asked giving voice to her doubts, "how come you agreed for Veerji to stay at Handa's? Isn't it considered odd for a boy to stay at his in-laws, that too before marriage? Veerji and Geet are only engaged and they would living under one roof?"

They were on their way back to Chandigarh after concluding the purpose of their visit. After their trip to Gurudwara Sahib and a heated argument with Maan.

"I had to take this chance Sashi..."

"Sasha kaho na Chaiyyiji," she whined.

"Chup kar kudiye," Savitri scowled at her, "as I was saying, I had to take this chance. Maan is adamant to delay the marriage. No doubt his decision was very noble. It comepletly suits a boy of his background to be so considerate. But education, independence, etc are too indefinite goals. There is no end to such wishes. And secondly why does Geet need to even be that qualified. I will keep my bitto like a princess," she added fondly, at which Sashi made a face, "but all that is only possible if Maan brings her to our home as my bahu. However that boy is so detached from all this. Finally he has agreed to marry. I don't trust him to not jeopardize my efforts. Its best that he gets married soon."

"What has all this to do with Veerji staying with Handas?"

A sly smile crossed her face as Savitri revealed her motives, "Fauji sahi, hai taan jawaan munda. [He maybe an officer, but he is a young man nonetheless.] Every chance that he spends with the girl to whom he is to get married to would definitely have some effect on him. And Geet is so lovely, I am sure she will leave some effect on him. This marriage will happen as soon as possible."

(Handa Haveli...)

"Maan, this is your room. Make yourself comfortable. Sure you will not have dinner?" Rano inquired referring to an earlier converstation between Maan and Mohinder, when Maan had come back from Gurudwara Sahib. "We can have dinner early so you leave on time," Rano said as she showed Maan his room.

"Mummyji..."

"The girls simply call me Ma, puttar."

"Ma," Maan took the name with reverence, "I will not be able to have dinner. I have to leave by seven..."

"But your train is at ten..."

"Ji, but I have to collect my military concession form the counter at the station and that will take time. So I must leave early."

"Chalo theek hai," Rano gave in, "kamm de maamle vich main nahi rokaangi. But you will atleast have tea with us? You must be tired being out all day. Will you?"

"Ji Ma," Maan smiled back at Rano.

Geet and Meera stood anxiously hiding outside the door listening to the conversation between Maan and Rano.

"Di," Geet whispered, "is it necessary?"

"Kakkuuu," Meera whined.

"Why can't we just go inside and ask him?"

"Acha ji! You seem very keen to go in and ask him? Do you want to talk to him?" Meera nudged Geet.

"What will I talk to him?" Geet asked matter-of-factly.

"How do I know?"

"Well, then even how do I know?"

"What is it that you both do not know?"

A sudden whisper from a third voice had them almost jumping out of their skins.

"Hayye Sammy Di, tussi taan dara ditta," [Oh Sammy Di, you scared us.]

"You would get scared even if the wind blows from the opposite direction, you cowardly cat," Sameera teased Meera causing Geet to giggle. "What are you girls doing here?"

"Kakku wants to ask Maanji something," Meera blurted out.

Sameera looked at Geet with wide eyed disbelief, "She does?"

Meera grabbed Geet's hand which was hanging loosely by her side and gave it a squeeze. She gave a pleading side-glance to her younger sister without making it conspicuous to Sameera.

This was supposed to be a covert mission. A quick grab and run operation.

For Meera's pink pillow.

Which was left in this guest room.

All Meera wanted was uninterrupted afternoon siesta to have her beautiful dreams of new dresses, the rides at the mela that was to be held next week, the delicious food she will eat, the fun they will all have. But Ma and Sammy Di were involved in making a feast for Maan. And she was very sure that she would be dragged in the kitchen too. So she snuck into the guestroom, her pink pillow securely by her side, to catch her beauty sleep avoiding any sort of mundane disturbance.

Sammy Di is right! Main gwaachi gaan hi haan. [I am definitely a lost cow.] How could I forget my pillow here. Now how will I sleep without it? Babaji please help! Sammy Di kacha chaba jayegi. Only Kakku can save me now.

"Bol Kakku?"

Mar gayi Kakku! Kithe phassa ta Meera Di ne. Hun kee karaan? [What should I do now?]

Sameera was loosing her patience now watching her two sisters who had suddenly turned in statues, "Kakku? You wanted to talk to him?"

"Haanji...nahi...nahi Di...ouch..." she winced as Meera piched her wrist, "...matlab...jee..."

"Kakku!"

"I mean Di, I don't want to talk to him. I want to talk to the room..."

"The room?" two voices asked backed in surprise.

Geet took a deep breath before she began again, "I wanted to go inside the room. Di, I left my notes in this room and I wanted to revise my chapters again before sleeping."

"Kakku since when did you start being so careless? Why did you leave them here in the first place?"

"Haan Di," Meera turned with the tide, "even I was asking her the same thing. Why did you leave them there?" Geet could only look on with her mouth hanging open.

"Oh please madam," Sameera snubbed Meera, "it must have been your company that has ruined the poor girl. You have made her a gwaachi gaan like you." She turned towards Geet, "Khurana uncle has made a trunk call. I came to call Maanji. You go in and inform him about it and then grab your notes. Alright? I want you both back in two minutes flat."

"Ji Di."

She peeped inside the room cautiously. A tentative step forward and she found Maan sitting on the settee with a book in his hands.

"Umm...excuse me..."

His senses came alive as his eyes darted towards the sound of her voice. "Geet?"

"Ji. Can I come in?"

"Ofcourse..."

Geet smiled and slowly inched in from behind the doors curiously looking at his luggage and stuff. In true militray fashion, the luggage was all securely packed and kept aligned with a wall to be simply picked when leaving. Distracted by her curiousity, diverted by her nervousness and simply because of her nature, she missed her step, waggled on her feet, twirled around and fell flat on the bed landing on her back.

Maan was keenly watching her as she had slowly emerged from behind the door. If her voice was the first thing that brought his senses to an heightened awareness of her, next it was her eyes and the sparkle of curiousity they held, then the smile that graced her lips as she came forward and then...

"You have slow reflexes."

Whatever moment he was lost in, it was broken by her clumsiness, a state Maan was not accquainted with in his dealings and did not appreciate much in others.

What! Geet who was in the process of her raising her embarressed self from the bed jerked her head towards Maan.

"You should have stretched your foot apart opposite to the side you were falling to keep your balance."

Sarru!

"Thank you so much for this pearl of wisdom. I shall be deeply obliged forever," hissed out a highly irked Geet.

It was only when he heard her reply that he realized that he had instinctively spoken to her in English and even she had, to his surprise, replied back with proper fluency in the same language. And the fact did impress him.

"One should be open to learn new things. Why waste your energy on sarcasm when you can utilize it to improve oneself."

She squared her shoulders and jut her chin out, "You have a trunk call waiting for you."

Saying so, she grabbed the pink pillow from the bed and stomped her way out of the room.

"Jee Darjee, I will take care. Sat Sri Akal."

Saying so Maan kept the reciever of the phone down.

"Maanji."

Hee turned around at the soft sing-song kind of a voice that came in from behind him to find Meera standing there with Lucky holding her hand.

"Ji?" he asked

"Papaji has asked you to come to Shantiniketan for tea," she informed him.

"Shantiniketan?"

"It is the room at the end of the gallery," she said pointing towards the gallery. "Lucky can take you there if you want'"

"Aao pahji, I will take you along with me," Lucky tugged at Maan's hand.

Maan smiled at the little fellow. "How about I race you till there?"

"Acha? I will come first," saying so Lucky ran towards the room as Maan followed with long strides.

They had just finished having tea and Rano had left with the empty cups to the kitchen, when Sameera came to inform Mohinder that someone from the factory had come to meet Mohinder.

Maan looked around the room they called Shantiniketan. Since the room is detached from the rest of the house and it is always very quite there they had named it so. It was like a study-cum-recreation room. Apart from books, there were art supplies and many paintings made by Mohinder and Sameera, a sitar that he was informed was played by Meera, threads and needles for knitting and embroidery used by Rano and Anwesha and matteress spread on the floor with cushions in the name of furniture.

"Papaji..."

Maan looked at the door as Geet barged in bumping into the door.
She halted in her tracks as looked at Maan and then at the door. And without realizing she had planted her feet slightly apart.

"Bauji has gone to attend some guest."

"Oh," her face fell. She had come to get some help from her father in her map-making excercises. She wanted to complete them today itself so that she doesn't have to look at them again. And then till her exams start in October she would not look at them again.

He looked at the books in her hands, her sad face and couldn't stop himself to ask, "Do you any help?" He was used to helping his younger siblings in the studies. It came naturally to him to offer help in such situations.

Geet thought for a moment before replying. "We have map-making exercises in Geography and I needed help in that."

"Map-making? Is it an Honors course?"

"Yes," she replied sitting down across from him and keeping her books in between them. "Even though I have a very neat hand and draw pretty well I never manage to get good scores in my map exercises."

"Hmm. Maps are not objects of art. The job of a map is to describe spatial relationships of specific features that the map aims to represent. They are tools of assimilating strategic intelligence..."

"What?"

"They are used to gather important information..."

"Acha..."

Maan went on to explain the dynamics involved in map-making only to realize that Geet had a glazed look in her eyes. He frowned at her lack of concentration. "Did you understand anything that I said?"

"Ji."

"So what did you understand?"

"Woh...umm..."

"You lack concentration."

Sarru!

"You speak pahsto."

"Let it be," Maan interrupted her impatiently. Wherever theory became dificult to understand, practical examples always helped understand a subject better. He picked up her exercise book and her pencils and set out to explain how a map is charted, how to fix the co-ordinates, how to fix the scale, how to label simply yet efficiently without the extensive use of stencils, etc.

As she was watching Maan move is hand across paper everything that was not making sense earlier was now within her comprehension.

She glanced at Maan who was diligently involved in his tasks. He takes his work so seriously. With complete responsibility. Just like Papaji. Once again she found herself smiling without consciously realizing.

Maan glanced at Geet who again seemed to be lost in her own thoughts.

"You have a short attention span."

Hau!

"You need to concentrate if you aim to clear your doubts."

No one spoke for a moment.

Finally Geet broke the silence.

"This is how you see me? Some clumsy stupid girl?" she frowned.

"No."

She sighed and picked her books to leave from there.

"I see you as a face with a smile."

She halted in her tracks.

"No other thought holds any significance."

And that smile adorned her face again as she walked out, not daring to look back at him again.

I don't know if this would work. But I needed to show that Maan and Geet conversed in proper in English with each other. The importance of this will show later. So the conversation which are underlined are strictly in English. Hope it is not very confusing. 

Chapter 17 - Page 36

Resolutions

Edited by jazzerette - 12 years ago
bharadwajrad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
update keliye waiting...give it soon :) 
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

😭😭😭😭

KAMINI JAZZY...😭😭😭😭

maine trea kya bigada tha...😭😭😭😭

ke u had to SPECIFY ke usne apne kapde nahi utaare😑😑😑😑😑

kam se kam mujhe sapno me to rehne deti😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

slowly n steadily. they each are observing and marking away the qualities...the happiness n contention felt is visible in the shy glancesπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ loved itπŸ˜ƒ

geet doesnt seem to be anuones fool...hopefully she will give back good to sasha when needed!

why dont i like savitris pyaar abhi jina zyaada..bahuu banne ke baad utna kam

maan staying over? woww...so many possibilities...😳😳

knowing the sadist uπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†πŸ˜† i am sure u wont think along what i am thinkingπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

but a few stolen glances,...a bit of teasing...and raat ko SBV maan wudnt go amissπŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

P>S> dont mind the kamini..i call ppl who i love thatπŸ˜ƒ