Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

After abusing journalist, Nagajuna waves the white flag

Oct 3, 2011, 10.48AM IST

Tollywood actor Nagajuna lost his cool with a female cine critic who gave him negative feedback on his films; he allegedly hurled abuses at her and threatened to 'kill' her

Under the Indian Penal Code sections 506(criminal intimidation) and 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman), Hyderabad's Jubilee Hills police registered a case against Tollywood actor Nagarjuna Akkineni, on Saturday.

The actor reportedly lost his temper with a female cine critic, at the Annapurna Studios on September 29. And now we hear that since the complaint, the actor has been trying to make amends with the freelance journalist.

The journalist, who is a member of the Film Censor Board, alleged that Nagarjuna had approached her when she was interviewing a heroine at the studio. In the police report, she claimed that Nagarjuna had asked her what she thought about his films Dhamarukam and King.

When she gave Nagarjuna negative feedback on his films, he supposedly verbally abused her and even threatened to kill her. In the report, she stated, "All this happened in the presence of a few film persons."

Reportedly, the police did not conduct any probe into the case right until Sunday evening.

A source explained that Nagarjuna's aides had conveyed to the authorities that the actor was trying to make peace with the journalist. "Based on an apology, the woman is free to withdraw the complaint. If she stands firm on her complaint, Nagarjuna may face up to two years of imprisonment," explained the source.

mombasa1980 thumbnail
Nagarjuna akkineni's first wife is an interior designer based in Chennai. She left for chennai with her kid, naga chaitanya after her divorce. How can anyone call her a crazy woman without checking facts? is it possible that she brought up naga chaitanya first 18 years of his life if she was a mad woman? she is low-profile and thats why people speak such filth. As far as i know she left him after he got involved with Amala. The ramanaidu family was upset, but time healed these wounds. His wife too failed to understand that being married to a hero would bring such issues and that she needed to compromise( like Amala his second wife is compromising now). I dont know if they had a arranged marriage, but i know that both studied together in the US.

Amala did a telegu movie with Nag called 'Chinna babu' which Drama naidu produced in 1988 when he was stll married to his first wife. This was way before 'Shiva' that made the Nag-Amala pair very popular.

Originally posted by: mombasa1980

Nagarjuna akkineni's first wife is an interior designer based in Chennai. She left for chennai with her kid, naga chaitanya after her divorce. How can anyone call her a crazy woman without checking facts? is it possible that she brought up naga chaitanya first 18 years of his life if she was a mad woman? she is low-profile and thats why people speak such filth. As far as i know she left him after he got involved with Amala. The ramanaidu family was upset, but time healed these wounds. His wife too failed to understand that being married to a hero would bring such issues and that she needed to compromise( like Amala his second wife is compromising now). I dont know if they had a arranged marriage, but i know that both studied together in the US.

Amala did a telegu movie with Nag called 'Chinna babu' which Drama naidu produced in 1988 when he was stll married to his first wife. This was way before 'Shiva' that made the Nag-Amala pair very popular.

I agree...

And about the separation, Nagarjuna couldn't give her enough time and she also understood that she wouldn't be able to handle a celebrity as her husband and hence she was the one who initiated the divorce...Otherwise can you imagine the impact of offending Ramanaidu? I know this for a fact, as one my cousin's dad's friend used to work for the Ramanaidu Studios...
mombasa1980 thumbnail

Yes, thats possible. Now, she has remarried into TVS family in chennai but as far as i know Naga Chaitanya is her only child. Her second husband seems much older than her, i dont think she divorced Nag to marry him becoz till six-seven years after divorcing Nag she was infact single. Also, unlike star wives like Vani ganapathy etc she always kept adignified silence about the divorce. This helped Nag have a  'family man' image second time around.

Though i cant comment on Nag as a husband, i think he is a caring father from whatever i can see from his interviews. this is the first time he got embroiled in a controversy.He seems rather fond of Tabu😊. Wonder why he rushed into marriage with Amala. Amala is no doubt pretty but i find her somewhat cold and calculating. Her interviews are ohh so politically correct.

Originally posted by: mombasa1980

I believe i was the one who made tht insinuation...yes she did bring up naga chaitanya...but apparently tht was after all the rehab...

the daggubatis and akkinenis have a good relationship with each other, despite the fact that their daughter was "dumped" by nagarjuna...
my uncle is a friend of d ramanaidu's first son Suresh babu(been so for the past 18 years) and so he knows the inside secrets of the family so this is his version i guess :

...his daughter was a tad bit urm...unstable which is why venkatesh and D rama naidu themselves asked nagarjuna to divorce their daughter and sent her to some rehab for a year where she recovered and thereafter, took care of naga chaitanya...
but i do think he fell in love with amala while he was still married...because akkineni nageshwararao, his father, didnt attend the wedding and it was a hushed up fair...The main reason for the divorce was amala, but there was no bad blood between the ramanaidus and akkinenis because they were cool with that decision given tht nag and their daughter had an arranged marriage and things went haywire because of her condition...

PS:but this maybe just another side of the story generated for propoganda to make "nag n amala" look and seem better (as in, excuse the infidelity)...im not claiming its right...just something i heard from a source
Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
mombasa1980 thumbnail

Thanks for sharing...what i have heared is that his first wife wasnt keen that he joins movies. He married her two years before his movie debut. I think problems started after he started acting in movies, and link-ups with actresses happened. A rare interview of Nag's first wife is available on the net(couldnt copy the link here). She was asked if she wanted to act, and she gave a firm 'No' as the reply. This shows that something about the movie world disturbs her. In that interview, she spoke about her interior design work only. She was nt remarried then. Maybe she wanted Nag to be low-profile like her Venkatesh. Venky, we know has by and large a very clean reputation.

I have heared the rahab stories and her being a drug addict etc too. but not sure if they are true becoz when nag divorced her, naga chaitanya's custody went to her. court wouldnt give custody to a crazy  drug addict woman.  But in high society, i know rich people do drugs and all. so cant say. I have heared the same about Nag and Rana daggubati too.

I think she wanted a divorce becoz of Nag's philandering and all this talk about her being a crazy woman started to make Nag and Amala look good.  When Nag married Amala, actor Venkatesh stopped talking to him for few years.This is true. Later, they started talking again. ultimately, i feel his first wife is in better space now than Amala. She is living peacefully now and Amala is dealing with a Tabu, Anushka 😊. I saw a pic of Nag's first wife with naga chaitanay  in "People" magazine. she looks nice and smart. 

mombasa1980 thumbnail
Here, would like to add that in all these celebrity divorces, we do get to hear the wife's version too like Vani ganapathy,Mahesh Bhupathi's wife Shweta, Azaruddin' wife Naureen, Prabhu deva's wife Ramlath all spoke up. But Nag's first wife never spoke about her divorce. so we are left to rely on our 'sources' and intuition on what could have gone wrong😊

I read yesterday that Pawan kalyan is living in with some foreigner now. i used to think that his first wife nandini is not a good person and thats why he fell for Renu. now, it seems even renu is gone.

Anyways, hope for ANR's sake, Nag gets out of this trouble smoothly. ANR has an impeccable reputation, he must be a very upset man these days.  i dont think Nag abused that jouranalist without reason. last so many years, he never got into such trouble.Amala gives so many interviews to 'Hindu' newspaper.