Hazel Keech on her first movie, Bodyguard

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hazel Keech on her first movie, Bodyguard

How was your experience working with Salman Khan and Kareena kapoor in your very first Bollywood movie, Bodyguard?

It was awesome. I consider myself very lucky to be working with such an amazing starcast in my first movie itself. They were very supportive and it was just incredible to work with them. In fact, I was very sick with an infection on the first day and I even fainted after the first shot. Everyone asked me to take it easy but I knew that no matter what, I had to shoot. With Kareena, I was very scared at first. But she calmed me down. She is very down to earth and I am very lucky I got the opportunity to be able to work with her.  

How did you go about preparing for the role?

I was very nervous, in the beginning. I kept going to the director asking him what I can do to become better. I was told to just be me. It had to be very natural. I used to go with my ideas all the time to the director. I was not comfortable with the twist in the end.  I had moral issues with it. But Atul told me to consider it as sibling rivalry. Younger sisters always want what their older sisters have. And here she is getting the chance to get it, then why will she not grab the opportunity?  

Talk about your journey till Bodyguard. You have acted in a Tamil movie before as well, how was the experience?

Yes, I had done the remake of Don. I was Helen in the movie and I had to dance like her. The journey has been tough. When I was busy, I was very busy. But then there were times, when I had no work at all. This waiting was very difficult. But I utilized this time to learn. I worked on my Hindi, joined kick- boxing classes, and learned Yoga etc. I also remember watching a lot of films in this time. I am very grateful for this struggle.

Did you always want to get into Bollywood movies?

Since I have grown up abroad, I was always in a dilemma between Bollywood and Hollywood.  I used to watch a lot of Bollywood movies with my mom and my grandmother. I think Bollywood chose me. 

What are the other genres of movies you would like to act in?

I want to do films of all types. Where comedy is concerned, I would not like to do slapstick comedy. Other than that I want to try horror, action. I love the entire drama of Bollywood and I'm happy I'm a part of it.

Please talk about your look in Bodyguard.

I love my look in Bodyguard. It is very natural. I usually also wear kurta and jeans and that is what I am wearing in the movie too. Ashley, my costume designer, has done a fabulous job.

Who would you say is you inspiration and role model in Bollywood?

I am inspired by a lot of people in Bollywood. I love the sweetness of Mumtaz, Juhi's comedy, Madhuri's nautanki, Waheeda Rahman's elegance and Kajol's uniqueness. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for Sharing ðŸ˜Š
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
was she kareena sister in the movie ?????????????
Niceup thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sallufanno1

was she kareena sister in the movie ?????????????

There was no kareena's sister in the movie ...she's playing the friend character of kAreena...
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
yeah i was also thinking the same when i saw the movie
but when she talked about sister evny i got confused