Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
CB, this certainly is the saddest fact. It is definetly distrubing and sometimes i can't figure out if they have a psychological problem or they are just so cruel. I would say even if you are not related how could you treat child like this...they are so innocent. I am more sad that we have such people in our society.

I am also please to look at neighbour's response to the situation. Most of the time I think people don't want to indulge themselves in police or other plp's matters, but the way this child's neighbour are supporting and helping her I feel content that there is still humanity in this world.
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
its a characteristic. most mothers are not, they just do what is best. others are cruel, don't care about anything other than themselves. sad
Traveller thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

O.K for this all i want to say is that a mother can be even crueler than this. This was a step mother , after i have been reading the latest child abuse reports in the U.S have gone nothing but upwards i am not as shocked . In the U.S the cases are reported faster than in India . But that doesn't take away the fact that these horrendous and tragic things happen everywhere.

There was something i read last week i think when a mother(own biological mother) was finally arrested for the death of her 4 year old . This girl was always beaten and she was higly malnutrioned , her mother occasionaly gave her dog food to eat out of a tin .Her sleeping place was in the garage . Unfortunately the social services did not pay attention till it was so late that this child was hospitalised and died in the hospital . O.K this story is not as gross as the ones that i read in my local newspaper on a daily basis . Read the book written by Dave Plelzer , its autobiography of this boy who suffered child abuse untill he was pulled out and put in a foster home .

Now my point in telling worse stories is that , this is happening all over the world . I have seen cases in India are not reported at all . People treat them like "yeh to unka family matter hai.leave it ".

Its tragic and disgusting !!!!!!

i totally agree with u ....i think the core problem in india is indifference.....most of the ppl here have the "why the hell shd i care attitude" that in turn is affecting the society drastically
Sharila thumbnail
I am very disgusted by this woman. How dare she abuse a little child like that. I know she is a unfit mother. I cant even imagine her putting the kids in that state where they will have very rough memories of their childhood.
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

here is a further update on the story

apparently her brother is found and look at what he had to say

Dhruta's brother was unaware of sister's plight

Neighbours say the eight-year-old was also tortured before being sent off to boarding school

Nilesh Nikade

Tanmay Karlekar (8), brother of four-year-old Dhruta who was subjected to physical torture by her step mother, did not know about his sister's condition till Wednesday evening.

B B Janefalkar, principal of Swami Vivekanand Vidyamandir, Wada, where Tanmay studied called him to his office and showed him the news of her plight on television. "Shocked, he fell on his knees and cried for the entire evening. He did not want to talk about his parents. I asked him about his mother Vaishali's behaviour but he did not want to comment," said Janefalkar.

"Neither of the parents contacted Tanmay after the incident. His uncle did come to the school and had a talk with him for a couple of minutes," school officials said.

The principal said that Vaishali had approached the school in the second week of October and had insisted on admissions for Tanmay. "We were told that both parents were working and were not able to pay attention to Tanmay's studies.

"They said he had become careless and misbehaved at home. Tanmay was brought here on November 12. Vaishali's parents are well known citizens in Wada. So we did not really probe deeper into the matter. Neither Vaishali nor his father Manoj visited him in school again. I do not even know what Manoj looks like," Janefalkar said.

Neighbours of the Karlekar's have alleged that Vaishali had poured hot oil on Tanmay's feet during Diwali. "He was sleeping on the staircase during those days as he had been thrown out of the house by Vaishali," says Arun Amdekar, the neighbour who rescued her Dhruta.

Tanmay had even worked as a cleaner in Ghodbunder Road's Vaibhav Bar, neighbours allege. Kasar G, owner of the bar says, "The local sweeper had introduced Tanmay to me. He was working here for almost two or three weeks. Then we heard that he had gone to Wada."

Janefalkar adds, "After coming to school Tanmay has never misbehaved. He is a mature and quiet boy. It seems that he had stopped attending school for some time. Now he is studying in the 7th standard and has performed quite well in the last unit tests."

• Shocked, he fell on his knees and cried for the entire evening. He did not want to talk about his parents—B B Janefalkar,
principal of Swami Vivekanand Vidyamandir, Wada, where Tanmay studied

ADOPTION DILEMMA
There is a continuous flow of visitors for Dhruta Karlekar at Thane's City Civil. Many NGOs have evinced interest in adopting her. Some neighbours are also trying to get custody of the child.

The Koyande and Gupte families have been with Dhruta for the last 72 hours. Kavita Koyande, Dhruta's immediate neighbour says, "My husband and I are ready to look after her for rest of our lives. We have one child and it will be great if Dhruta joins our family. Both of us have jobs. So there will be no financial problems. The most important thing is that Dhruta is comfortable with me."

Rahul Gupte, another neighbour, says, "Although I am not married I would like to adopt Dhruta. We are a family of four and Dhruta will not be burden on us. We will make sure that her parents do not get her custody."

Meanwhile, the police is considering reopening the case. Narhari Jadhav, PI Kapurbawadi Police Station says, "We are planning to change the charges from IPC 324 to 326, which is a non-bailable offence. We are waiting for the doctor's certificate, based on which we can make the charges. We will ask the court for Vaishali's custody tomorrow."

• My husband and I are ready to look after her for rest of our lives. We have one child and it will be great if Dhruta joins our family—Kavita Koyande, Dhruta's immediate neighbour

HAPPIER TIMES: Dhruta and Tanmay with their father and their biological mother before she died

Dhruta with a policewoman

anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
unbelieveable....meena, i read about this case yesterday only and since then i have been wondering how can this happen to such a little innocent baby.. - 4 yr old ..amazing, no i must say disgusting. these people are not humans..but animals - maybe worse than animals. being a mother of 2 myself, i just cannot imagine something like this happening to young kids who are not in a position to take care of themselves and are fully dependent on parents.parents are like GOD to kids and few such people just defy the purpose of being parent...my heart goes out to little Dhruta and her brother. may GOD bless them.
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This is so disgusting !!!

What was the father doing ?? God, has he gone blind or insensitive?? That woman should have been thrown behing jail long back !!!

However, its true that mothers can be very very cruel.

In India, we normally do not get to see these things as often, not at least by the biological mothers, and I beleive that it is because of non reporting rather than anything else. Here are some cases which come immediately to my mind:

1) This 15 year old girl is raped by her own father and gets pregnant. The mother, not only does not punish the husband, but helps him in hiding her pregnancy from the world by locking her up. In the seventh month, both the parents poison the girl and kill her. However, a vigilante neighbour and her younger brother get the scent and inform the police. The culprits are arrested and confess. Courtesy - Bhanvar, the real life court cases serial.

2) Andrea Yates - Drowns her five children, aged 6 months to seven years old, one by one and lays them by the bed. The oldest,a boy named Noah, 7, resists wildly. He tries to run away, so she catches him and drowns him, forcibly.Andrea was a confirmed mental patient in and out of clinics getting frequent treatments for depression. She is serving a life.

3)Diane Downs shot her three children in her car in cold blood to get back her lover she was obsessed about who she thought did not want to be with her because of her kids, though in reality he had just gone back to his loving wife. One child died, the other two survived. The police suspected, gathered evidence, but the surviving eight year old had lost her voice in paralysis and the young boy Danny had been just two. She recovered to give to tell the court and the world how her mother shot them. She recovered completely but her brother was paralysed for life. They were adopted by the policeman investigating the case.Diane Down is serving a 50 year prison term.

4) In another, a mother and her boyfriend actually killed a three year old, cut her to pieces and buried her. They had recently shifted so not many noticed the little girl's absence or inquired about it. Three yeas later the little girl's body was found. The mother and her boyfriend were sentenced to death.The reason for killing - the little girl cried too much which annoyed them.

5) A mother cold bloddedly slaughtered her 5 children with a kitchen knife and tried to blame it on an intruder. The Forensic evidence pulled her case apart and she pleaded guilty.

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Mother Never can't be crual...
I would like to share this writings about mother:

I Owe My Mother
My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
My mother taught me LOGIC. " Because I said so, that's why."
My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
My mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
My mother taught me about WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it
My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY. "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE. "I brought you into this world,and I can take you out."
My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like your father!"
My mother taught me about ENVY. "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until we get home."
My mother taught me about RECEIVING. "You are going to get it when you get home!"
My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."
My mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
My mother taught me HUMOR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
My mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your father."
My mother taught me about my ROOTS. "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE. One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"
😊
MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
not only stepmother bt Druta's her father is also a culprit who let his kid suffer ,shame on him n dat woman shd b kept in jail 4 life
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
oh thanks friends for talkin about it
i havent checked the replies to this msg for some time
yes these ppl shud be severly punished
but laws i dont know what is in store for them
there was some bit about adoption but it wont be easy for anyone to adopt them as there r many hassles including rightful heir to the property.