The Clandestine Imli 'Lowe' !!!

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hola people πŸ€— 

Here comes the scene(s) for today - sorry about the delay but I was caught up with a post seminar social proceeding in my faculty - but here to post up the link now. 

Need to clear a few work things before I can come back and do my written post, but everyone feel free to jump in with your takes on the very famous imli scene β˜ΊοΈ 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL7i64ED7k0[/YOUTUBE]

---

** Maa Ka Laadla πŸ˜‰ **

(I just had to use that tag for this bit of today's scene(s) πŸ˜† )

So I had to add this scene (not the entire thing) but bits of it, because they so demanded attention. The initial bit, with Kesar searching through the jars (literally) but really turning the thoughts inside his head upside down, searching for the ever eluding solution to his dilemma. I like how Neil portrays an affected effort in his hands lifting the lids, the finger tips feeling variety of grains like the entire activity is a tedious physical labor - when minutes ago he was all brash in dressing up, combing his own hair like he intended losing half the volume! The 'heaviness' of his emotions and thoughts weighs down his physical actions and is portrayed so subtly and well by Neil, comes across plainly! until PB enters, he discretely and hastily does away with that tell tale errant tear [reminding me of Gullu wiping away her tear with her back to him in the first 'aur tu' scene when she selects the 'purple' kurta to color coordinate him with Barbie] and quick as a flash whips up the excuse of looking for food - even expresses his khaas farmaish for stale roti and achaar - bolo! Kya presence of mind hai bande ki πŸ˜†  I shall always wonder why he escaped his bedroom to enter the kitchen though, and didn't leave straight up. Maybe he was expecting Gullu to rush after him with the untouched glass of doodh and give him food?! πŸ˜† LOL! No I think the CVs just wanted to show us this child side of Kesar so explicitly (half the reason for the vids title) I like how Kesar tells PB that he still likes the stale roti - it almost translates to how he still likes everything the same as he did a decade ago. Quite similar to the way he had accepted mujhe aaj bhi gaon pasand hai - except at that point, in Gulaal's presence, he had to add extra jabs for her inconvenience of course! And again, when he asks PB to make undiyo for him, he reaffirms the unchanged status of 'his likes' from then, to now. 
Of course, the CVs can't help but give Neil phankaas a moment to fawn over (yes I'm top of that list, hence the inclusion of that bit) where he shows off his dole shole to mommy dearest β˜ΊοΈ Gullu ko bhi show off kar deta ek time, wo bhi awe-struck ho jaati shayad πŸ€£ ye Kesar bhi na, doesn't understand the concept of 'utilizing assets' πŸ˜† (and no pun intended here. shush! chiii mat socho!) 

Anyway - so that's with the first bit. 

** imli lowe **

Scene begins with Talli assuming her terrorist avatar for the first time πŸ˜† (ok, that was lame.. ) So no, scene begins with Kesarji walking in, hiding his secret khazana behind his back, as  he approaches the beauty and fool. Talli the terrorist dhamkaaing Kesar with teekhi mirchi πŸ˜² kya level giraa hai isne daaku community ka, and Kesar is probably reconsidering his suggestion to PB a couple days ago about handing over the kitchen duties to Talli πŸ˜† brushes off the threat - because he has more important things to do, like exchange secret looks with his lowe-able lady Gullu - a blatant sight which Talli even with her eyes trained on our Kesu remains utterly unaware of *facepalm* - and its interesting how, after all his fault she is the one who lowers her gaze and looks away. No blaming her, she's certainly faced her share of music for the day early in the morning 

Kesar: Acha! Main tere liye itne pyaar se kuch laya hu, aur tu mere liye mirchiyan chun rahi hai? [yeh right mate. we all know kiske liye kitne pyaar se tum kya laaye ho. but we'll be nice and be quiet to not spoil the surprise πŸ˜³ ]

Talli - Mere liye?! [ *HEAD DESK* JK maiya in later times to come gives some very profound gyaan to Sudha, to not bother about these two - GK that is - because na dhuan uthega aur na tadke ki mehek ayegi, seedhe pakwaan parose jayenge - unfortunately, Talli took her own sweet time learning that important lesson. Khair!

Talli - Kya laya hai?

Kesar - continues to focus his side looks on we-all-know-who. 
Gulaal - smiles at Talli, like she is her first crush at 13 *head desk again* I swear if I was Kesar, my insecurity issues would not be with Dushy, but jhalli Talli! 

Kesar - khud hi dekh le (passes the secret khazana
Talli - IMLI! [And Gullu, much belated, trains her antenna in the right direction, phew, finally *wipes a brow*] tujhe bachpan se pata hai na mujhe imli pasand nahi hai?! [huh 😳?! Why would Kesar have done research bachpan se on Talli's likes?! Anyway she's one to reprimand him to forget bachpan ke facts! Doesn't she know bachpan se that he is a married man?! πŸ˜³ 

Gulaal - her antenna functioning with a *god/cvs be thanked* decent efficiency, as she gathers the meaning of this entire gift scenario. 

Okay, Kesar is a very intelligent romantic, when he chooses to be, which is not often enough sadly.  But for now, yes. All this time he was giving those side looks to Gulaal, just a little guilty, just a little in anticipation - but alot more content (bordering on smug) expressions, because being Kesar, and knowing his Gulaal, he knows she was going to be pleasantly surprised. Especially as Talli is unwrapping the stuff, Gulaal looks fondly at *who else* Talli *rolls eyes* and Kesar looks his kind of content way at Gulaal. And then the second Talli utters the magic word - IMLI - he makes sure he doesn't even bat an eyelid in Gulaal's direction. 

Because his words are enough: tujhe nahin khaani to mat kha! warna ghar mein aur bhi log hain, jinhe bohot pasand hai. main hota na, to cheen kar saari imli kha jata! 

And again, dialog writers, take a bow. How efficient was that brief comment from him, in establishing more than the obvious *to everyone but Talli* purpose! Yes, Gulaal knows the khazana is for her. Gulaal's audio FB elaborates that Vasant has done this before - bring her imlis - to appease her when she is naraaz. AND, that Kesar remembers it hence! I think what justifies the album scene to come after this, like literally paves way for it, is the fact that Gulaal realizes how he remembers such a trivial nothing detail about her! [yes, the dubbing of this audio FB is not with Rahil and Ali, but that's excusable cause those two are not on the show at this point] But Mansi deserves all her credit - to portray that range of emotions in her eyes from the second she hears the word 'IMLI'... such an exquisite actress, brings out the changes and nuances, so gradually but so steadily! 

Needless to say, the cherry on the top is Kesar making his return in the BG, to check on her, to make sure his 'apology' gift wrapped in ... erm, newspapers πŸ˜† is accepted, to make sure, he has made up for his utterly crass behavior in the morning. Its so interesting, how transiently capable he is of setting aside all hate, to make up to her, because hurting her is, like I've said before, the double edged sword that has cut him open just as much. Wont be long before he pulls off another nasty escapade - but until then, with the morning rudeness and guilt hanging over him like a cross, he cannot but plead his mistake - in his own style! 

Mansi's final smile, just before she bites into the imli - sigh. Puts many hearts other than Kesar at rest. What a beautiful scene to end an episode with! β˜ΊοΈ

---

And that's for today! Will be around again in a while to engage in ongoing discussion, hopefully active πŸ˜ƒ

---

xx
JZee

---
*edit*

FIXED THE VIDEO NOW πŸ˜Š

--- 

Edited by JZephyr - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks, Jzee! 

"Waise yahaan aur log bhi hain...jinhein imli PASAND hai" *ahem* Iconic dialogue...lol

*reserved for CAPS*

*Edit:

Caps full batch:

The beauty of this scene is the glances exchanged b/w Kesar and Gulaal...the scene is seemingly about Kesar only speaking to Talli, bringing the imlis for her supposedly but the way the entire scene has been executed is where the genius lies...Kesar walks in and half glances at Talli but as always his gaze is drawn only towards Gulaal

She quickly glances away...bringing that danda in front of her almost like a shield but in such a graceful motion

The "Minnie"...how can I resist capping it everytimeπŸ˜†

And so begins the double talk so to speakπŸ˜†

"Main itne pyar se tere liye kuch laya hoon"

Gulaal can really sense his gaze even when she's not looking at him...the way she turns away briefly makes it obvious

If Talli had any EYES she'd notice that again and again Kesar is POINTEDLY looking at Gulaal...but obviously this is beyond TalliπŸ˜†

The constant 3-way exchange of gazes was really amusing me...Kesar looks at Gulaal, Gulaal looks at Talli and smiles...pattern repeatπŸ˜†

He puts down the imlis and looks up at Gulaal with this look that just KNOWS...and is just waiting to see her reaction to the imlis

Her first reaction to knowing he brought imlis...stops in motion

Quickly glances at him in surprise

Meanwhile Talli has whined about the imlis so Kesar is putting up his mock display of anger and telling her not to eat them if she doesn't want to and ofcourse...'aur bhi log hain...jinhein PASAND hai" loll...I loved the way he said that 'pasand'...there was a softness, a hint of a smile in it

I love this sequence of Manasi's expressions...Gulaal hiding her secret smile, joy cuz she knows the imlis are for her

"Main hota toh saari CHHEEN ke khaa jaata"πŸ˜†...I found that CHHEEN interesting...like he's egging Gulaal on to take the imlis...obviously that's where the real convo happened the entire time and both GK know it...Talli is obliviousπŸ˜†

Beautifully shot bit...Manasi's expressions were wonderful...especially the way she closes her eyes in joy...she was 18 again in that moment like Maz mentioned

And ofcourse the very last bit...so poignantly and beautifully shot...

Gulaal's smile...the smile that says "He REMEMBERS" and she savors that through those imlis...such a simple yet powerfully sweet scene

I loved how subtly this last bit was shown...there is that emotion in Kesar's eyes and he doesn't even smile fully but you can feel the peace in him, the happiness at seeing HER happy, seeing HER smile over the imlis...that no matter how much he feels conflicted, ultimately this is where he finds peace...in that moment, Gulaal has the fond smile at finding HER Kesar for a moment again and Kesar basks in the warmth of the smile that he could manage to bring on the face of HIS Gulaal again

Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The PaanBa-Kesar scene was adorable..such a lovely mother-son moment...the bit where he shows off his muscles..πŸ˜†..cuteness.. but what was interesting to note is how he was essentially saying the same thing earlier to Gulaal as well that his wound isn't a big deal..but there is the drastic difference in tone then and now..

The first thing that popped in my mind watching the imli scene is that Kesar is such a smooth operator..πŸ˜†..ek teer se do nishaan kinda situation...actually only one target here...but he does manage to patch up with Talli as well, not that she was furious with him..which she should have been really, cos what Kesar did, pouring that pot of water was just not acceptable!..he realizes his mistake..lekin phir bhi..I didn't like that..anyway..

When he enters and their eyes meet..the sheepish akwardness from him..she looks away as well..I love how each sentence he says is preceded by this look to Gulaal that says so much..'mein tere liye itne pyaar se kuch lekar aaya hoon'..reminds me of the dialogue 'tere siva kisi aur ke liye le sakta hoon main?' merge  them and you get => 'mein itni pyaar se tere siva kisi aur ke liye kuch lekar aa sakta hoon?' πŸ˜†of course initially Galool is probably all happy being a spectator to this..the matchmaker in her was definitely feeling proud..lol..until the contents in the paper are revealed to be Imlis.. the mix of shock and pleasant surprise on her face is a wonderful sight..MP did great there..she still can't believe it is for her. Also loved the bit when talli is opening the paper and he looks at Gulaal as if saying 'wait till you see what's inside'..lol..

'ghar mein aur bhi log hai jinhe pasand hai'..now a direct message that it's for her..no doubts to be had in her mind.Love how he walks past close to her saying 'woh bhi cheen ke'..and she reminisces about how he used to do the same thing 10yrs back. I love how in this one gesture, he brought a smile to her face, not just in a way that he was trying to make up for the outburst earlier, but because he made her travel back to the times when she was truly surrounded by laughter and happiness,and how he was a part of that life of hers along with Vasant.
She is brimming with joy because he just exhibited what 'her' Kesar would do..made her feel good that all was not lost..

And so she accepts the imlis from Talli gladly. What I loved about Kesar coming back to check if she has taken them, is not him peeking but confidently standing there..he knew she would eat it..that's what 'his' Gulaal would do.

On the whole a wonderful scene..with all smiles..but then this see-saw of Kesar's actions is what makes Gulaal confused each time..like at the end of this she is lead to assume that things are back to normal which isn't the case, another reminder of Dushyant's truth and it's swords out again.

Next scene is the photo album one na..so it's Gulaal's turn to gift something to him!

Nice title to the vid JZ..dil to baccha hai..very apt..the imlis made Gulaal feel 18 again..

Looking forward to your caps Nur!.

prachurya thumbnail
The kitchen scene- he was fumbling around and the superb xpressions of NB while remembering the convo-hats off to him really-showing that how hurt he himself is to dish out such behavior to Gulaal. I kinda thought him telling PB that he still likes leftover rotis- is like proving a point that he is the same Kesar which Gulaal questioned("Nahi hai Tu mera Kesar")- somehow it affects him and he just needs to prove it dat he's still the same.(wat complexities this guy has...we can go on and on abt him)
IMLI SCENE:
My fav is how Kesar keeps looking at Gulaal though he has basically come there to gift something to Talli(so he saysπŸ˜‰)...I am reminded of SBS segment on this where NB explained the scene saying, "You do special things for ur friend and you do special things for ur someone special too, so this is one such instance of the latter". and then he added, "Ab sab kucch openly toh nahi ho saktaπŸ˜‰". Loved Mansi's xpressions where she remembers "imli incident"(wid Piyu Mhaari in BG)! Hats off to DOP, for shooting the scene, Kesar in BG and Gulaal in fore, the focus changing to show us each reaction. This will always remain as one of the sweetest GK moment.
PS: I showed this scene in a VM to my frnd, who was introduced to this show by me very recently and she remarked, "Waah! Ladke ko dekho kahan kahan se taanke jaa raha hai"πŸ˜†
--Minks-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
" Dhin in tana... dhin tana..."... such a soulful tune, one of my favourite music bits from any soaps.. so beautiful... β€οΈ

This is such a cutie un-typical Kesar scene... usually he is the upfront guy, proclaiming in front of everyone that he loves Gulaal, once he realises it... but jab anger mode mein tha, tab Gulaal ko manana to chahta hai.. but directly imli bhi nahi de sakta... Thank God that woh infamous Imlis Talli billi ko pasand nahi thi, warna to bechari Gulaal ke pass kabhi nahi aate... bhukkad rani se bach kar... πŸ˜‰

But, he continued with this indirect approach for a long time... giving her bangles, and then later earrings... haaii... aaj ke zamane ke nalayak BFs ko kuch seekhna chahiye... they gift later, but announce first that they do some much for their lowe... they make you count the number of times they have to wait for you, get your flowers, take you to see your favourite movie... and what not... aur apne Kesar ko dekho... apni pasand napasand bhula ke, he will go and get everything which his Galool likes, and not even want a sweet "thank you" in return... kahan milte hai aise rare husband / bfs... 
without-fathom thumbnail
^^ Updated my written post - AND fixed the video, finally - will be back briefly to do more gushing 
without-fathom thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maz.

The PaanBa-Kesar scene was adorable..such a lovely mother-son moment...the bit where he shows off his muscles..πŸ˜†..cuteness.. but what was interesting to note is how he was essentially saying the same thing earlier to Gulaal as well that his wound isn't a big deal..but there is the drastic difference in tone then and now..

^^ interesting isn't it, that they are the two who he would really need to assure of his well being, and he does that, in entirely different strains! With Gulaal, he shows off the 'rough side' of his macho power to prove he's fine; with PB, he literally displays the macho side to prove the same πŸ˜† And this is totally random, but I like how he makes sure he re-induces the idea that undiyo is still his favorite, so Gulaal can memo it for future reference to be used as an appeasing trick for we-know-when β˜ΊοΈ

The first thing that popped in my mind watching the imli scene is that Kesar is such a smooth operator..πŸ˜†..ek teer se do nishaan kinda situation...actually only one target here...but he does manage to patch up with Talli as well, not that she was furious with him..which she should have been really, cos what Kesar did, pouring that pot of water was just not acceptable!..he realizes his mistake..lekin phir bhi..I didn't like that..anyway..

^^ Absolutely Maz! Whatever Talli may be, or may not be - that entire scene is quite out of line from Kesar's end. But in a way, showing that is the intention I suppose. With regard to Talli, Kesar really hasn't moved beyond what they were a decade ago. He doesn't treat her like this grown up girl, but like his chum from childhood ... almost similar to the way Gulaal treats him like that boy of 12! It takes Kesar sometime to appreciate Talli is now as much an adult as he deems and pronounces all the time about himself! It takes him a while to 'show' respect to Talli in that way! They still remain friends, but we all know how much more seasoned he is towards her, post the wedding fiasco! 

When he enters and their eyes meet..the sheepish akwardness from him..she looks away as well..I love how each sentence he says is preceded by this look to Gulaal that says so much..'mein tere liye itne pyaar se kuch lekar aaya hoon'..reminds me of the dialogue 'tere siva kisi aur ke liye le sakta hoon main?' merge  them and you get => 'mein itni pyaar se tere siva kisi aur ke liye kuch lekar aa sakta hoon?' πŸ˜†of course initially Galool is probably all happy being a spectator to this..the matchmaker in her was definitely feeling proud..lol..until the contents in the paper are revealed to be Imlis.. the mix of shock and pleasant surprise on her face is a wonderful sight..MP did great there..she still can't believe it is for her. Also loved the bit when talli is opening the paper and he looks at Gulaal as if saying 'wait till you see what's inside'..lol..

^^ @red - β€οΈ β€οΈ β€οΈ You're a genius Maz!!! β˜ΊοΈ  I love how that 'merger' sounds πŸ˜†

'ghar mein aur bhi log hai jinhe pasand hai'..now a direct message that it's for her..no doubts to be had in her mind.Love how he walks past close to her saying 'woh bhi cheen ke'..and she reminisces about how he used to do the same thing 10yrs back. I love how in this one gesture, he brought a smile to her face, not just in a way that he was trying to make up for the outburst earlier, but because he made her travel back to the times when she was truly surrounded by laughter and happiness,and how he was a part of that life of hers along with Vasant.
She is brimming with joy because he just exhibited what 'her' Kesar would do..made her feel good that all was not lost..

Yeh - even as he's not exactly thinking along the lines of proving to her that all is not lost - this entire make up to Gulaal gesture is like this compulsive redemption he needs so he wont be walking around haunted and daunted by his own behavior! Its amazing how he can literally keep aside this 'Gulaal-Kesar' interaction from the otherwise ongoing cold-hot war status. Like this one page in that chapter is to be treated separately and independent of the rest!  And see-saw is such a good metaphor to his oscillations of mood swings towards Gulaal! πŸ‘

Next scene is the photo album one na..so it's Gulaal's turn to gift something to him!

I love how the connection works between these two scenes! This is the first sign to Gulaal, since Kesar's return, as you word it, that all may not be lost! And especially his hint of 'remembering' such an old trivial detail probably prompts her to test her luck further, by keeping that album discretely for him to catch sight off. Which is why, when she watches his reactions to it, she thinks to herself in bittersweet fondness, that he remembers it all! 

Nice title to the vid JZ..dil to baccha hai..very apt..the imlis made Gulaal feel 18 again..

Looking forward to your caps Nur!.

without-fathom thumbnail

Originally posted by: prachurya

The kitchen scene- he was fumbling around and the superb xpressions of NB while remembering the convo-hats off to him really-showing that how hurt he himself is to dish out such behavior to Gulaal. I kinda thought him telling PB that he still likes leftover rotis- is like proving a point that he is the same Kesar which Gulaal questioned("Nahi hai Tu mera Kesar")- somehow it affects him and he just needs to prove it dat he's still the same.(wat complexities this guy has...we can go on and on abt him)

πŸ‘ very well said Prachu - I was thinking more along the lines of how he wants to assert his 'likes' are the same - top of list being Gulaal - but this sounds even better! Yes, given the first time Gulaal has questioned the authenticity of his being the same Kesar - given how much that hurts, him whatever he may like to tell or pretend before Gulaal - it makes so much sense that he would catch hold of the first person and make a point of being the same person - and who better than his mother to express that to! The complexities, as you call them, about his character are like a black hole - they suck you in with that force in being so dark and mysterious! 

PS: I showed this scene in a VM to my frnd, who was introduced to this show by me very recently and she remarked, "Waah! Ladke ko dekho kahan kahan se taanke jaa raha hai"πŸ˜†

LOL! Tell your friend there'll be a whole lot of instances where these two play peek-a-boo like that! In Kesar aka Neil's words - sab kuch openly to nahi ho sakta πŸ€£

without-fathom thumbnail

Originally posted by: scarletthara

" Dhin in tana... dhin tana..."... such a soulful tune, one of my favourite music bits from any soaps.. so beautiful... β€οΈ

This is such a cutie un-typical Kesar scene... usually he is the upfront guy, proclaiming in front of everyone that he loves Gulaal, once he realises it... but jab anger mode mein tha, tab Gulaal ko manana to chahta hai.. but directly imli bhi nahi de sakta... Thank God that woh infamous Imlis Talli billi ko pasand nahi thi, warna to bechari Gulaal ke pass kabhi nahi aate... bhukkad rani se bach kar... πŸ˜‰

^^ πŸ€£ you're right man! if Talli liked them too, it would be such a damper on Kesu's surprise planning! Give credit to the guy - he's thought out his woo-my-lady plan so well! πŸ˜Ž

But, he continued with this indirect approach for a long time... giving her bangles, and then later earrings... haaii... aaj ke zamane ke nalayak BFs ko kuch seekhna chahiye... they gift later, but announce first that they do some much for their lowe... they make you count the number of times they have to wait for you, get your flowers, take you to see your favourite movie... and what not... aur apne Kesar ko dekho... apni pasand napasand bhula ke, he will go and get everything which his Galool likes, and not even want a sweet "thank you" in return... kahan milte hai aise rare husband / bfs... 

^^ πŸ€£ Minks should I wonder if someone I can guess is in trouble?! (lol, just kidding 😳)  But I know what you mean, absolutely! *shares dramatic empathetic look* Anyway, returning focus to Kesar, his habit of sneaking gifts stays on - the jhumkas come so much later in the scene, when he's done every kind of professing of love, pati-hood and what not! Of course, the difference is Gulaal wizens from one gift to the next - from imli, to bangles, to jhumkas! As for the flowers, I shall never get over my instant awe in the confrontation GK scene, when Kesar tells so candidly (like he's telling her what 2+2 is) that he got the flowers for her to cheer her up cause her friends left but JK confronted him and he just had to make up an excuse - aww! β˜ΊοΈ But Gullu madam is too busy getting mad at him that second to appreciate his candor *shakes head* 

--Minks-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey JZee... what a bootiful and phunny write-up.. me likes very much... I know Ill get belans and chappals for such mis-use of such a beautilful language...chorry...πŸ€—

And, yes Kesar does set the precedent and expectations so high for all hubbys / bfs alike, being such a hard-core romantic of the greatest order, remembering such tiny miny details of a decade ago, when he was such a tingu baby... with cute smiles, and no doleys... πŸ˜ hence, our dearest hubbys /bfs have to bear the brunt for forgetting simple things like biwi-not-likes-war-movies... period... why get into an unnecessary discussion of whose choice should prevail, or shall we toss this time... simply give in like Kesar does... perfect husband... β€οΈ

Coming back to our post... I love this bit esp: Talli the terrorist dhamkaaing Kesar withteekhi mirchi πŸ˜² kya level giraa hai isne daaku community ka, and Kesar is probably reconsidering his suggestion to PB a couple days ago about handing over the kitchen duties to Talli πŸ˜† brushes off the threat - because he has more important things to do, like exchange secret looks with his lowe-able lady Gullu - a blatant sight which Talli even with her eyes trained on our Kesu remains utterly unaware of...

Seriously... man, this Talli billi was heights... aiwai hi bhav khate rehti hai jab dekho tab... galti se kabhi to Kesar ki taraf dhyan se dekho... his eyes are almost always in Gullu's direction, with love / anger whatever... 

Because his words are enough: tujhe nahin khaani to mat kha! warna ghar mein aur bhi log hain, jinhe bohot pasand hai. main hota na, to cheen kar saari imli kha jata! 

And again, dialog writers, take a bow. How efficient was that brief comment from him, in establishing more than the obvious *to everyone but Talli* purpose! Yes, Gulaal knows thekhazana is for her. Gulaal's audio FB elaborates that Vasant has done this before - bring her imlis - to appease her when she is naraaz. AND, that Kesar remembers it hence!

Finally, Gulaal glimpses her own Kesar in this mature rude guy, with only namesake resemblance to her own friend cum kawach... he who used to defend her and protect her in his lil ways, now had become her biggest enemy, giving her the most pain ... and this was such a heart-felt moment, when she digs into the first bite of Imli... like you said :

Puts many hearts other than Kesar at rest. ... perfectly put JZee... one can feel the contentment and peace within Kesar's heart and this small silver-lining-wala-smile (with hope alight in her heart that there might be some chance of finding her own old friend back) on Gulaal tugging on your heart... πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
Edited by scarletthara - 12 years ago