Is vikram's character a homosexual?

Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Guys, I was watching the show tonight and i think that the writers many want us to also acknowledge the gay issue in the show!  I noticed the inflection in vikrams gesture and I think considering he works out maybe they want us to acknowledge that!

If so I think its really great that the show included these themes!  In the UK their are many characters in our daily soaps that are gay.  Well done star plus!  I think the character plays the gay role really well!
Edited by Angelbud - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelbud thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angelbud

Hi Guys, I was watching the show tonight and i think that the writers many want us to also acknowledge the gay issue in the show!  I noticed the inflection in the brother-in-laws gesture and I think considering he works out maybe they want us to acknowledge that!

If so I think its really great that the show included these themes!  In the UK their are many characters in our daily soaps that are gay.  Well done star plus!  I think the character plays the gay role really well!

Its great if the character is as it would open the doors to lot more gay characters in the shows on starplus!
Angelbud thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angelbud

Hi Guys, I was watching the show tonight and i think that the writers many want us to also acknowledge the gay issue in the show!  I noticed the inflection in the brother-in-laws gesture and I think considering he works out maybe they want us to acknowledge that!

Amazing that I received messages saying that alot of members agree with me on this point!  Intresting that so many of you do! I urge you to post on here though and not be embarrassed of the Gay issues in  DABH! I would be proud of it! I think the writers embracing this issue that is hidden away yet so obvious with so many Bollywood actors should be brought into discussion!

Its great news eh!
Angelbud thumbnail
I wonder why none of you are posting in this topic? Do you have a problem with gay people in daily soaps?  Is it something that may benefit people buy being discussed?  Why isent anyone talking about it!  I  know you have all read it! In many aspects you guys are really behind!
katiya thumbnail
Your former compatriots chose the right tactics - to completely ignore you for your UK  snobbery.
Angelbud thumbnail

Originally posted by: katiya

Your former compatriots chose the right tactics - to completely ignore you for your UK snobbery.

Err so does that mean you approve of gays in programs then or that you hold a bias towards anything that is new? Any thoughts? Or is it that you don't want people to comment upon the obvious fact that many of your leading actors that all the girls like are actually gay? This is index relevant don't you think?
katiya thumbnail

need to think

Edited by katiya - 12 years ago
katiya thumbnail

[QUOTE= In many aspects you guys are really behind![/QUOTE]     

At first I did not like this message?

Why behind. My favorite serial  is AKNV. There's a good actor playing gay. This is normally to shoot gay in ind. films. What do you want to discussed here.

Secondly, I would like Hindus  remain conservative. It is my hope.

We  are foreigners love India for its traditions. If Hindus would be like the British or the Americans, viewers from other countries will no longer watch their movie. I have not been able to bring myself to watch even "My name is Khan". I'm not interested in American background.

Thirdly, please say to me  who is this Suraj' brother-in-law?  

Edited by katiya - 12 years ago
Angelbud thumbnail

Originally posted by: katiya

[QUOTE= In many aspects you guys are really behind!    

At first I did not like this message?

Why behind. My favorite serial  is AKNV. There's a good actor playing gay. This is normally to shoot gay in ind. films. What do you want to discussed here.

If the artists themselves are gay, then our opinions will not change that. And why should it change, gays also have to somehow earn a living.

The fact that girls love gay people too well, because less will be break with  their hearts.

Only if the main character was gay then it would be cause for debate  and what can be.

Secondly, I would like Hindus  remain conservative. It is my hope.

We  are foreigners love India for its traditions. If Hindus would be like the British or the Americans, viewers from other countries will no longer watch their movie. I have not been able to bring myself to watch even "My name is Khan". I'm not interested in American background.

Thirdly, please say to me  who is this Suraj' brother-in-law?  

Its interesting that you advised other people to "ignore" my post on the relevance of Homosexuality in daily soaps,which was then liked by five other members on here, clearly pointing out that either you and the other five dislike Homosexuals or their relevance as part of everyday society hence part of DABH. 

What's more interesting is that you then did post your comments and views which I think is commendable! Its great to see someone step out from the crowd mentality and express your own view hence your comment.

However I also think that just because someone is not interested in a particulars background/culture which may indeed be different from your Indian background they may indeed be interested in the cultural similarities.  You mentioned "my name is Khan"  which indeed breaks free of such constraints and merged both cultures, i think that is a beautiful and magical combination and a marrage dynamic that was clearly a sucess. Love is indeed a common ground that we share hopefully.  Many poeple would comment that the method of arranged relationships by people that somehow know better because they are older is flawed on so many levels.  I know many people that are older than me that are not as wise as me, that including my own family, who may be clearly behind the rest of the world.  Clearly if this dynamic that is prevalent in all of your daily soaps indeed supresses ones ability to love independently of who others choose for you then I feel India has a double standard:  Love who we want you to love or else! Have a baby boy or kill it. Dont love a person from the same sex!  If I was Indian I would be speakng out at any chance I got against all these violations of Human Rights! 

In india this may be something you want to "conserve" as much as the denial of gays being promoted in tv as much but I feel that clearly the writers as well as the actors want to express themselves.  Its clear in DABH that Sandhya has to live under the tyranny of her brothers selfish dreams just so he does not loose his job abroad and his selfish dream.  I find it appalling that no one speaks about that never mind the other issues!

I think the main character at the moment that could indeed become Gay and it would be a good turn of events would be Suraj himself.  He could assert himself instead of being under the thumb of what in the rest of the world we would consider suppression ! Any man that is controlled by his mother to that extent would be terrified to bring home the woman he wanted for fear that he would have to go through being totally osteragsied form anyone he loves! A MIL like that is enough to turn an man Gay! Or vice versa for a woman to Leisbian!

Indian drama has a lot to learn and a long way to go! I come on here to make reference to so many abnormalities in this soap and the need for people to direct it future!

Being Gay Is Normal!  Choosing who to love is normal! Having a chance to live and being femail is normal! Having your dreams respected and being female is normal!  The majority of your older generation are abnormal!  You guys may be afraid to say it but at least I can say it for you!

Sorry but its True!  I totally adore my indian friends and I cant stand seeing them treated this way! I hope other people will also stand up and speak up about homosexuality in life and in DABH!

Thanks for your post it was good!

ssweety007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
your post is irrelevant...
are u watching the same show as everyone else?
we never felt any homosexual vibe in DABH...
u r just creating irrelevant post which are not connected to DABH in any way...just for the sake of creating some threads...