Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 18 years ago

Khichdi boy to star in Detective Nani

Amit Varma, famous for his role in Khichdi, Hotel Kingston and now Kituu... Sab Jaantii Hai, is all set to carve a niche for himself on the big screen. He will now be seen in a crossover film titled Detective Nani, which will be produced and directed by Romilla Mukherjee.

It is a two-hour 45 minute full length beautiful feature film. It's based on a teenager named Rohan, who is the heartthrob of the society he lives in. He is an athlete, a football player and is considered the golden boy of the colony he lives in. There's this nani (played by Abha Mukherjee of Himalaya ad fame) who lives in the colony and she witnesses the kidnap of one of the children. So she decides to put an end to this and goes around trying to find the child. In the end, we all join in to help her," he adds.

Amit, an alumni of Don Bosco School, used to actively participate in dramatics. He started participating in ramp shows during his Mithibai College days. He says, "I realised I did not want to take it up as a career. So, I started to audition for commercials." Varma got his first break with the Thums Up commercial followed by Lifebuoy, Airtel and Kinetic Nova ads among others.It was during one modelling assignment that he was noticed by the director and offered a role in Detective Nani. Shweta Gulati aka Tia Ahuja of Remix plays the lead opposite him.