Veto has been used more than Once this season!

Purrrfect thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I haven't watched this episode yet, but from reading here, looks like Nitin got eliminated and was saved by Veto Power.

In my opinion - I believe veto has been used more than once in this show. 
When Azmat was eliminated, he came back in wild card entry - who voted for him to come back? No voting was done, but I am glad he was back, because he rightfully deserved to be back.

Priyanshi was brought via wild card - who knew this lil champ? No voting was done - Veto was used to bring her into the show.

This time the Veto has been used  on Nitin and I am glad that it was used on him, as he totally deserves to be in the show. He is my hubby's fav singer - I cheer for Salman and he cheers for Nitin.😊

Edited by Purrrfect - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Zahida the contestants who came thru W/C there was no Veto involved...Some sort of voting was..

Veto only has been used once this season and today for Nitin.
Purrrfect thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Zahida the contestants who came thru W/C there was no Veto involved...Some sort of voting was..

Veto only has been used once this season and today for Nitin.

No varsha, no voting was used in WC - trust me. So it may not been a veto power from Alka, but some sort of veto from the channel was used to bring Priyanshi. 

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Purrrfect

No varsha, no voting was used in WC - trust me. So it may not been a veto power from Alka, but some sort of veto from the channel was used to bring Priyanshi. 

Could be judges or Maha guru's decision along with judges...Not sure but Veto was not used..
DesiGirl_ thumbnail
LOL Wildcard is diff. It doesn't count.
Purrrfect thumbnail
I know the difference between Veto and WC  - wild card is when voting is done - veto is when judge/maha guru uses their power...

Bringing priyanshi was as good as veto power

dq123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
azmat was back from wildcard...i myself voted for azmat to be back ðŸ˜›
sajeet thumbnail
By Defination, Veto (derived from a latin word - "I forbid") means a power bestowed upon a person or body to stop from something happening. so Mahaguru stopped the elimination of Nitin.

While Wildcard is kind of a surprise bonus. Azmat and Priyanshi were both eliminated and  were not in the competition for a period of time. They were brought back in later. How, does not really matter. It could be public voting (I don't remember that happening), Unanimous agreement between the gurus and mahaguru.

Eliminations before the wildcard were done by the gurus, and they decided to bring someone they eliminated, not the public. This is also an important difference. Veto is going against public voting (in this competition) and wildcard is going against their own judgement. 

Wildcard, can be used to create a gimmick as it is completely in the jurisdiction of the gurus and the channel.
Purrrfect thumbnail
Incase you didn't know - Priyanshi was never in the competition, hence she never was eliminated. She was randomly brought in to the competition, no one knew this lil champ. WC should have been for those who were eliminated during the competition, rather than bringing in someone completely new who was never part of this game.
sajeet thumbnail
I am not sure what you mean by Priyanshi was not a part of the competition. If you mean talent, I am not sure, but she did go through the auditions, mega auditions, and the entire process. I have a link of the videos, unfortunately I am not allowed to post it in this forum.