FF:Pavements-NOTE page 28

Ruky07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

PAVEMENTS

Sorry about this, am starting fresh because I was stuck! 🤔

Hope you like the new start, part 1 and prologue is up. Yes concept and characters remain the same :)

concept

Story about childhood friends Arjun and Arohi, how relationship changes as they grow older. Before Arohi left Punjab and went to over to study in UK her feeling for Arjun began changing, she began falling for him as well as Arjun. 2 years later Arohi has come back to Punjab to attend her sisters wedding and this time round Arjun and Arohi's feeling for each other has grown stronger. The difference is that she is a Sikh and he is a Muslim.

-          They are family friends

Arohi  Aluwahlia

20 years old, someone who's not afraid to speak her mind, she's happy go lucky. She's studying to become a doctor in UK in her 2nd year.

Arjun Amin

21 years old, someone who always thinks about what he says and does. He looks at the consequences of his actions. He is training to become an army air force pilot in his second year. His father left his family when he was young.  

Edited by Ruky07 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ruky07 thumbnail
index

part 1-pg 1
part 2-pg 4
part 3-pg 9
part 4-pg 14
part5- pg 25
Ruky07 thumbnail

Part 1

Arjun diary:

There is something that nameless yet it's so visible, a thing that still hasn't come up to my lips and only peers through my eyes,

It asks for words, those words which i could never speak. The thing is actually a feeling' a emotion, a very true feeling, It's like a strong fragrance floating in the air.Fragrance, which is never going to be clinched by my voice for you to hear.

Our love was a romantic book which was sacred from the day we met.A sunny day, a rainy day, when the chilly breezes blew,i could not embrace but i wish could wrap my arms around keeping you warm forever, my love I'd offer you my hand ceaselessly. I guess it has to reamin as a dream an imagination.

I still remember the days of our childhood when we shared our favourite sweets and our school lunch box.  As time went on my feelings changed, I used to scamper from one terrace to another or used to hide behind the shop counter so I could peek through just to get the sight of. Never letting you know how much I really loved you. Thus time goes, life in me decreases, and all wishes are broken. These words are dry and the pages are screaming. Arohi your love took even my shadow.

(Wedding day)

Arohi and her family brought Sara into the gurdwara who was wearing a red lengha with silver crystal embroidery. She placed Sara next to Nihaal, today it was her sister's special day, yet her special day seemed so blurred and unrealistic.

Guest began entering, Arjun who sat on the opposite side among the men, looked intently at arohi, she was wearing a blue lengha with her ears covered with kundan earrings and a necklace draped around her neck, both wrists covered with bangles.She walked so gracefully that she appeared to float through the gathered guests, seemingly unaware of the effect her presence she had on him. she headed straight and sat beside her cousin Simran. Arjun's mouth opened, but no words issued forth just the silence of his breath.Her beauty was both natural and breathtaking.From the first moment, his eyes had seen the sight of her.They stood no hope of escape.

Once the wedding rituals were done, everyone stood up as ardas prayers were said, as they were over the family and guests made they way to the hall.

(Hall)

The whole room was filled with bliss and joy as they celebrated the wedding of Nihal and Sara. There was continuous dancing, singing and laughter which echoed in the atmosphere expressing happiness. When they jumped with joy, the ambiance flowed from beneath they feet.

Arohi watched Arjun as he helped and made sure everything was in the correct place. Her feelings were so helpless; she had to tell him how she felt before she leaves for England tomarrow. Every moment with him was a bonus, whether it's just for one moment. Arohi snapped back into realism as simran began tugging her with her arm. "He's been glaring at you since morning, oh look he's coming over." simran squealed into arohi's ear."Hi am veer" said a young man dressed in a red kurta as he put his hand out."Hi"arohi answered him in a blank manner."I must say you look stunning." Arjun lifted his gaze and could see something was bothering arohi, he walked towards them making a stop next to simran."Stalker" Simran whispered in Arjun's ear as he slight lowered himself. "Hey, aren't you veer." Arjun said as he patted him on the shoulder."yeah." he nodded. "How can I ever forget you. Your the one who's nose always used be leaking with Snot in school." the girls burst out laughing, leaving veer embarrassed in humiliation.

(1 hour later)

Arjun was busy talking to some guests when Simran began pulling him away. "What?" he said as Simran let go of his arm."Arohi is calling you on the terrace and please don't ask me why."

Arjun walked up the narrow set of Stairs leading to the terrace with his Dark shadow reflecting on the wall.once he reached there his eyes search the room but only a sheet of black surrounded his eyes. "Arjun" a soft voice called from Behind, Arjun turned around to find arohi standing there."What's the matter?" there was a silence, all that could be heard was the gentle wind which hurrled around the adhere air. "there's something I would like to say to you before I go tomorrow. I know times have changed since when we used to run around our local town when we were young. She gazed into his eyes with intensity as if the eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul. How...How can I simply be friends with you when every time I look at you, i am always thinking about how much more i want to be with you. There was a small silent pause which came in-between them, as precise as a picture dangling on the wall.  "I love you Arjun."

She was standing there waiting for him. still when he finally knows how she feels.people do get hurt, you smile when you feel like crying, you act like you're okay when you're falling apart inside and you let it go. You move on, because there's nothing else you can do.

"Arohi...I like you'. but just as a friend...

MsSweetheart96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
1st

Nice start afresh..
this concept is nice..

hope im still on ur pm list 😊
update soon..
Edited by MsSweetheart96 - 12 years ago
love.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

NOOO 😭 How can he say that??? WHY?! 😲 He loves her too I know it... why?!!!! Bet its coz of the religion difference!!!! Errr 😡 

Shes been waiting to tell him for ages and thats his response Arohi is going to be heart broken 💔  😭 I can feel her pain!!! Her first love ! I really hope he says something else about how he loves her too somehow!!! Pleassseee!
God please please please update soon! I love it so much!

Add me to PM list please
UPDATE SOON 😊
Edited by love.1 - 12 years ago
..areeba.. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
:D i loved it the writing was amazing. the description and feelings of arjun was a nice display of words keep it up

There is something that nameless yet it's so visible, a thing that still hasn't come up to my lips and only peers through my eyes,

It asks for words, those words which i could never speak. The thing is actually a feeling' a emotion, a very true feeling, It's like a strong fragrance floating in the air.Fragrance, which is never going to be clinched by my voice for you to hear.👏 amazing

Arohi your love took even my shadow. awww
These words are dry and the pages are screaming.- nice image
he used to look behind the counter and jump from terrace to terrace to see her
😆 snot poor guy, i dont get is she told him how she feels but he loves her to why did say he does not 😭 why why ?
i really think this FF is going to be great, does not matter we all get stuck nice fresh start

update soon please, really looking forward to what he says but she is going to leave !!!!!

Edited by ..areeba.. - 12 years ago
...Sheher... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

nice start  and good concept  , i couldn't read it yesterday. thats wy i edited my comment late 😳

eeem, update soon  ! Edited by ...Sheher... - 12 years ago
i guess we have a sikh n hindu story know sikh n muslim one sounds interesting
Ruky07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MsSweetheart96

1st

Nice start afresh..
this concept is nice..

hope im still on ur pm list 😊
update soon..

thanks for the comment birthday stealer
yes indeed u are u not getting away that easily 😳
MsSweetheart96 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ruky07

thanks for the comment birthday stealer
yes indeed u are u not getting away that easily 😳

birthday stealer!! 
im changing my birthday, its on the 26th march now.. khush??
will wait for your update eventhough its going 2 b soo dreadful 😆