TOI article-Snigdha Pandey

Noaddict thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Actor Snigdha Pandey who is currently seen in Star Plus's Navya, started her television career with NDTV Imagine's Angrezi Mein Kehte Hainand then was seen in Star Plus's Jahan Pe Basera Ho, Sony's Chajje Chajje Ka Pyaar.

Snigdha currently plays a negative role in Navyawhere she speaks typical Hindi. With her acting being so real, people actually think that she has studied in Hindi medium. ""People perceive fiction shows on television to be reality.That is not surprising as they spend a big part of their day glued to their screens.This was something that I had to come to terms with when I decided to do a negative character who is less educated. People had their reservations in telling me about this role as I might get typecast and that the audience will think I am like my character in real life. Well I have always maintained that in any story if everyone plays a good character then how will the story progress? Personally, I have a special liking towards negative characters as they are more exciting and interesting,"" she says.

Talking about the languages, she comments that ""My Hindi, Urdu and English is very good. I have done my masters in economics. I am also fluent in Bengali and can manage a little of Punjabi, Marathi and Uzbek after doing an Uzbek Film.""

In future, Snigdha will be seen in Uzbek film Muhabbatnoma-Legend of Love and upcoming Bengali film Blind Lane.

Here is the link:-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashakd thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thanks for sharing Niddhi, looks like someone getting noticed finally, after all so many interveiws of late. She deserves it though.

Noaddict thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashakd

Thanks for sharing Niddhi, looks like someone getting noticed finally, after all so many interveiws of late. She deserves it though.

Yes Asha..every time I open TOI there is an article on her.๐Ÿ˜Š
Aanchal15 thumbnail
TFS,Nidhi...She is a, multi-linguist.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...would love, to have her interviewed...her potential has been tapped, aptly...worthy of praise, and, recognition...Keep it up, Snigdha...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Edited by Aanchal15 - 12 years ago
ashakd thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aanchal15

TFS,Nidhi...She is a, multi-linguist.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...would love, to have her interviewed...her potential has been tapped, aptly...worthy of praise, and, recognition...Keep it up, Snigdha...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Like it when ppl call her Snigdha and not Rama.
Noaddict thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aanchal15

TFS,Nidhi...She is a, multi-linguist.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...would love, to have her interviewed...her potential has been tapped, aptly...worthy of praise, and, recognition...Keep it up, Snigdha...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Yes, I too would love to see her real self๐Ÿ˜ŠAh, the perils of working on TV I tell you,๐Ÿ˜‰ we hate her character to the core.Good that some good stuff about her is coming out in the open!!
Aanchal15 thumbnail
@Ashu - yes, we tend to address them , by their screen names..๐Ÿ˜ƒ
ashakd thumbnail

@ Aanchal and Nidhi, must admire her guts to select such a role, but she is one actor who will have a long role in this tv industry, as she will get variety of roles in the future.

Aanchal15 thumbnail
@Nidhi,  - yes...She may have to, bear some really, detestable remarks, from viewers...We, at least, owe her ,this much...appreciating, her talent, and hard work..
@Ashu- True., she will go a long way...Talent cannot remain hidden, for long... Edited by Aanchal15 - 12 years ago
Noaddict thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashakd

@ Aanchal and Nidhi, must admire her guts to select such a role, but she is one actor who will have a long role in this tv industry, as she will get variety of roles in the future.

very true asha..must  say she is one the best ones on the show,  very consistent .๐Ÿ˜Š