Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
do you think johnny will win oscar for this one  will he ever win an oscar πŸ˜”
jdfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kikyo

do you think johnny will win oscar for this one  will he ever win an oscar πŸ˜”

don't know ..no hopes from oscars πŸ₯± if they could not even bother to nominate him for Edward Scissorhands which is considered to be his best performance so far by all cirtics then what we can expect for others ..😑 it will be a miracle if he  ever win one ...but it's really a shame on oscars for neglecting such a talented actor for so long .i was really shocked to know his first oscar nomination was Pirates of the Caribbean : the curse of the black pearl 😲..what about Edward Scissorhands 😲
BeautyBabe thumbnail

Originally posted by: jdfan

don't know ..no hopes from oscars πŸ₯± if they could not even bother to nominate him for Edward Scissorhands which is considered to be his best performance so far by all cirtics then what we can expect for others ..😑 it will be a miracle if he  ever win one ...but it's really a shame on oscars for neglecting such a talented actor for so long .i was really shocked to know his first oscar nomination was Pirates of the Caribbean : the curse of the black pearl 😲..what about Edward Scissorhands 😲

yeah that is really shocking Johnny gave a very brilliant performance in Edward Scissorhands  ..very touching ..and these idiots neglected him😑he was hot favorite in his thirce nominations people were betting on him that he will win but he lost and just check peoples comments online for these three oscars most people are cursing oscars for not awarding him Edited by kikyo - 12 years ago
BeautyBabe thumbnail

ARTICLE

The versatility of Johnny Depp keeps Hollywood interesting

By Andy Swetz in Entertainment, September 8 2011

It seems like today there are very few names in Hollywood that can offer an element of variety when taking on lead roles in movies.To get into character is one thing often preached to an amateur actor but to actually become the character takes something few people have. Johnny Depp, the forty eight-year-old actor, possesses that gift and by the looks of it, displays it perfectly in his latest film "The Rum Diary," hitting theaters Oct. 28.Based on the book of the same title by Hunter S. Thompson, Depp once again portrays the semi autobiographical protagonist much like in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."Depp's ability to fully encompass himself and adopt the persona of Thompson is beyond impressive. Although he has perfected the drug-induced journalist of Thompson, the realm of Depp's ability extends to way weirder places.Probably his most notable performance of the 90s, Depp's character of Edward Scissor Hands is one that stretches the imagination as far as main characters go.

But what makes Depp deliver such genuine performances lies solely in his talent. He is not afraid to bend the realm of traditional cinema, especially when it comes to conforming to roles that appeal to mainstream ideologies, i.e. his role as Gilbert Grape in 1993's "What's Eating Gilbert Grape."Some actors don't take on roles where their character is portrayed in a bad light such as Tom Hanks, and some choose to take on just about any role they get offered like Christopher Walken. To me Depp is an actor who takes on roles where he can add his own personal touch to his character while still remaining true to the story.In "The Rum Diary" Depp travels to San Juan, Puerto Rico, and takes a job as a journalist for an American paper. His travels get him engulfed in a sea of alcohol, women and chaos, which makes for an interesting story even if you're anti Depp.

It's hard to deny the factor of creativity and real passion Depp colors his films with. Both as a historical figure, John Dillinger, and a fictitious one, Willy Wonka, Depp puts on a one of a kind show.As for the league of actors I think are deserving of the title of versatile active figures, the list includes DiCaprio, Hanks, De Niro, Franco, Portman and Pitt among others. The fact that an actor can make any film more appealing by taking on the job of becoming any given character despite how bad a movie may be, to me, says something about that actor's abilities and true talent.

Depp is the unsung hero of the film industry, whose combined films have grossed $7.6 billion worldwide. His style is unique and unmatched today, which is what I think draws people to his work.Depp respects the boundaries of history while interjecting his own flavor into his work, which makes for one refreshing result.

BeautyBabe thumbnail
I so agree with the writer πŸ‘πŸΌ
jdfan thumbnail
i am so happy Samantha Stosur  won the US open πŸ₯³well done Samantha πŸ‘ very well played πŸ‘πŸ‘
jdfan thumbnail
Andy Swetz has written what i think about Johnny Depp ..he is simply the best⭐️the best actor of his generation or i should say every generation ⭐️
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I would not worry too much about not winning an Oscar...it is no longer about good acting anymore...it is all about who can market their film or the star the best. Great actors like Richard Burton never won an Oscar so Johnny is in great company.

Besides the Oscars may surprise you by giving him an Oscar when you least expect him to get one. Dustin Hoffman won for Rain man which was okay but not for Midnight Cowboy where he was brilliant...so I don't really put too much importance on the Oscars.

However there is Cannes, Venice and the Berlinale so hopefully one day his acting will be recognized.
jdfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: groucho

I would not worry too much about not winning an Oscar...it is no longer about good acting anymore...it is all about who can market their film or the star the best. Great actors like Richard Burton never won an Oscar so Johnny is in great company.

Besides the Oscars may surprise you by giving him an Oscar when you least expect him to get one. Dustin Hoffman won for Rain man which was okay but not for Midnight Cowboy where he was brilliant...so I don't really put too much importance on the Oscars.

However there is Cannes, Venice and the Berlinale so hopefully one day his acting will be recognized.

so true Aditi ji ,.,Oscars have really become pathetic and hopeless ...they mostly award non deserving contenders ..if award any talented actor for wrong film..i have a feeling they might award Johnny Depp an oscar because right now oscars are really under subject of critcism and people are losing their interest ..more people are attracted towards people choice awards and others but less towards oscars because of their wrong decisions ...so i have a feeling they might award him some day but as you say for some film where he won't be that good ..thus again creating controversies ..it seems like oscars can't happen without controversy...πŸ˜† hopefully he gets recognition at Cannes, Venice and Berlinale ..😊Btw good to see you here .😊.should i enter your name in members/ fans list πŸ˜ƒ
groucho thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

so true Aditi ji ,.,Oscars have really become pathetic and hopeless ...they mostly award non deserving contenders ..if award any talented actor for wrong film..i have a feeling they might award Johnny Depp an oscar because right now oscars are really under subject of critcism and people are losing their interest ..more people are attracted towards people choice awards and others but less towards oscars because of their wrong decisions ...so i have a feeling they might award him some day but as you say for some film where he won't be that good ..thus again creating controversies ..it seems like oscars can't happen without controversy...πŸ˜† hopefully he gets recognition at Cannes, Venice and Berlinale ..😊Btw good to see you here .😊.should i enter your name in members/ fans list πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you ...I would like that very much. Discussions on movies...and with Johnny in them is just up my street...this is just what I had hoped I could do on this Forum.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜Š