OS- Love at first sight..

joliefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys ,๐Ÿ˜ƒ
i know u all (almost) are aware of my poor writing skills hehe๐Ÿ˜†
but this time here is some thing which i found or i can call inspired from a short story, hope u will like it๐Ÿ˜ณ

guys i have to admit it that  "I read this cute story by Jeffrey Archer last night and wanted to share it with you."
Thanx Vistaa di for  realizing me where i get wrong, love you for it di๐Ÿ˜ณ

"LOVE at first Sight"

Avdhesh was  running  late , and would have grabbed a taxi if it hadn't been the rush hour. He entered the crowded Metro and dodged in and out of the hordes of commuters as they headed down the escalator on their way home.
                    Avdhesh  wasn't on his way home. After only  four stops he would re-emerge from the bowels of the earth to keep an appointment with Ely Bloom.  the Chief Executive  of Chase Manhattan in Paris, Although Avdhesh had never  met Bloom.,  like all his colleagers at the bank, he was well aware  of his reputation. He didn't take a meeing with anyone unless there was a good reason. 
                Avdhesh had spent the forty eight hours since Bloom's secretary had called to make the appointment trying to work out what that  good reason could possibly be.,A simple  switch from Credit Suisse to Chjase seemed the  obvious  answer -but it was unlikely to be that simple if Bloom was involved  . Was he about to make Avdhesh an offer he couldn't refuse? Would he expect  him to return to New York  after he had spent  less than two years in Paris? so many questions  floated through his mind. He knew   he should stop speculating, as they would all be answered  at six o'clock . He would have run down the escalator, but it was too crowded.
                          Avdhesh knew he had a few chips stacked on his side of the table- he had headed up the foreign exchange  desk at Credit Suisse for almost two years ,m and it was common knowledge that  he was outperforming all of his rivals . The French bankers had simply shrugged their shoulders when they were  told of Avdhesh's success, while his American rivals  just tried to persuade him to leave ihs present position and join then. Whatever  Bloom might offer him,  Avdhesh was confident Credit Suisse would match it. Whenever  he had received other approaches during the past twelve   months he had  dismissed them with the same polite, boyish grin- but he knew that this time would be different. Bloom was not  a man who could be bought off with a polite, boyish  grin.
              When Avdhesh stepped onto the platform of the Metro , it was so crowded that he wondered if he would be able to get on the first train that pulled int the station. He checked his watch. 5.37 He should still be well in time for the meeting , but as he had  no intention of being late for Mr Bloom., he began to slip through  any tiny opening or gap that appeared until he on board the next train. Even if he didn't reach an agreement with Mr Bloom the man was going to  be an important figure in the banking  world  for years to come, so there was no point  in turning  up late and making a bad impression.
             Avdhesh waited impatiently for the next train to emerge from the tunnel , He started  across  the track at the opposite platform, and tried to concentrate on what  questions Bloom might ask.
What is your present salary?
Can you break your contract?
Are you on a bonus scheme?
The southbound platform was just as crowded as the one he was standing on,  and Avdhesh' concentration  was broken when his eyes settled on a young woman who was glancing at her watch. Perhaps she also had an appointment she shouldn't  afford  to be late for.
              When she raised her head, he immediately forgot Ely  Bloom .He just stared  into those deep brown eyes. She remained unaware of her admirer. She must have been about five  foot eight, with the most perfect oval  face, olive skin that would never require make0up, and a mop of curly black hair that no hairdresser could possibly  have  permed. I'm on the wrong  side of the track , he told himself , and it;s too late to do anything about it.
        She wore a beige-colored raincoat, the tied  belt leaving no question  as the how slim and graceful her figure was, and her legs - or as much as he could see of them-  completed  a perfect package, Better than any Mr Bloom  could offer.
    She checked her watch again  and then looked up, suddenly aware that he was staring at her.
He smiled , she blushed  and lowered her head just as two trains  glided into the station  from opposite ends  of the platform. Everyone  standing behind Avdhesh pushed forward to claim  a place on the waiting  train .
                              When  it pulled  out of the station , Avdhesh was the only one person left on the  platform. He stared across at the train on  the other side, and  watched it slowly accelerate out of the station  , When it had disappeared into the tunnel , Avdhesh smiled again. Only one person remained on the opposite platform, and  this time she returned his smile.

You may ask how I know this story to be true , The  answer is simple.  I was  told it at Avdhesh and Arpita's tenth wedding anniversary earlier this year.

Like it or not plz leave ur precious comments๐Ÿ˜ณ
n don't forget to press likwa if u like hehe

๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by joliefille - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Brillaint job Jo๐Ÿ‘
Fresh concept and characterization...
Avdesh's thoughts have been explained very well...
Vista di has done an awesome job editing it...
Thanks for the pm dear...
Thoroughly enjoyed reading it...

Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Eowyn

Brillaint job Jo๐Ÿ‘

Hello Dear๐Ÿ˜Š,

You are giving credit where it is not due...I did no editing...as Jo said, this story is by Jeffrey Archer, the famous British novelist and short story writer.

Thanks all the same๐Ÿ˜Š

Vista

Edited by Vistaa - 12 years ago
joliefille thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eowyn

Brillaint job Jo๐Ÿ‘

Hey Nidhs hw r u dear๐Ÿ˜›

thanx for ur comments  yaar, but as Vistaa di said i just changed the names n post it here๐Ÿ˜ณ

thanx for liking it , as u like it so i can think to give more stories here

if i find them to convert as Avita FF or OS
๐Ÿ˜ณ
PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

SP *Big Hug*
how are you darling??
Missed u so much.

Me going to read now lekin commentwa later
luv ya
joliefille thumbnail

Originally posted by: KriYa_life

SP *Big Hug*
how are you darling??
Missed u so much.

Me going to read now lekin commentwa later
luv ya

CP ๐Ÿค—

where are u yaar?

missing you too

chalo at least ye comment to kiya hehehe

love ya too honey
๐Ÿ˜ณ
PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

SP, Im avoiding resd posts
i often tend to 4get them
jes_jade thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Neha !!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

It's so lovely...๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I haven't read the novel...so I wud love to knw what happens...

U may find it weird...But I didn't want him to miss the train..dunno why..๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Cont soon..
Cuty16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Jo & Vista di, for a sweet and nice story. Its a different one do continue dear.
joliefille thumbnail

Originally posted by: KriYa_life

SP, Im avoiding resd posts
i often tend to 4get them

i knw u , you n ur wify had few res posts at Desire too ๐Ÿ˜†
Chalo chalta hai
waise bhi Res se better hai short comments
๐Ÿ˜ณ