Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Boogleton.Schiz

She has turned us into stalking maniacs πŸ˜†

Oh you too...πŸ˜ƒ...And I'm not even ashamed!! πŸ˜†

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Disclaimer: Exhausted to the bone so a short chapter today. Chapter is unedited. Apologies for errors in advance.

Chapter 8:

"Stress."

"Fregoli Delusion."

"Low blood pressure."

"Psychotic disorder."

"Alcohol poisoning."

"Manic Episodes."

"Dehydration."

A pause.

"Geet."

"Satya."

It was a stalemate. Neither liked the fake illness that the other was coming up with.

"How about asking the fake patient?" Maan asked looking up from the file he was reading. He was cozily tucked in bed in pajamas while Geet and Satya argued about what he should be diagnosed with.

"How about using 'exhaustion' as a reason?" Maan asked eagerly. Satya and Geet continued to ignore him.

"Geet, I don't want him to be fired for being mentally unstable," Satya said.

"So it's okay if he seems like a sissy and get bashed by his employees and public alike? Dalal Street will have him for breakfast." Geet challenged. Satya sighed. Maan frankly didn't care. Coming to the hospital seemed like a bad idea now. He should have stuck to the original plan of escaping to an exotic location with few female friends. Geet and Satya were getting extremely chummy and it the thing that was making their bond stronger by the second was the copious amount of gossip stories about him which they were exchanging rapidly.

Maan sighed. Introducing the two was such a bad idea.

"Get some rest Maan. You are going to make a lot of people unhappy tomorrow," Geet said and bid him good night. Satya had already left and Geet had come in before she left for the day.

"Sit here for few minutes Geet. We haven't talked in ages," Maan said his eyes laden with sleep. Geet complied. Maan was quiet for many moments, which was strange.

"I found out a little," he began. Geet sighed. "Maan'" She started.

"Geet, hear me out. Please. I agree that in the beginning all this was nothing more than my curiosity. But once I started getting involved I realized how petty I was being. The amount of destruction the Khurana Group is making is not only with respect to money but also how they are systematically damaging the quality of services and not bothering about recognizing or acknowledging people." Maan said. Geet nodded.

"What have you found out?" Geet said.

"Do you remember that your father was working in a different company just before his death?"

"I didn't know firsthand actually. My mother told me several years later that when we moved away from your neighborhood papa had quit his job at Khuranas and found his own company. Around the same time he married mom too," Geet replied.

"I started from that point. The time when Khurana Group was in dumps and the construction business was involved in a scandal. My father was involved in a scandal involving under quoting tenders and bribing public sector individuals to gain contracts." Maan said.

"You know that your father just didn't work for Khuranas right? He was the general partner along with my father and owned quite a substantial amount of equity."

"I know that. Mom told me that he and your father fell apart due to some differences in opinion so father quit the company." Geet replied.

"It is possible that it might not have been the case," Maan said slowly. Geet looked at him surprised.

"How do you know that?" Geet whispered.

"The funding to start your father's company came from one of my father's paper companies." Maan said. Geet looked shocked.

"Everything is muddy and confusing Geet. I am unable to filter truth and fabricated information. Please, trust me. I will find out what really happened." Maan said earnestly. Geet nodded averting her eyes. Maan personally hated it whenever she did that ' when she hid his vulnerability from him.

"I found him, you know." Geet said after handful of moments later. Maan looked up and watched her. She was still looking at her hands which were clasped on her lap.

"It was raining that afternoon. Mom and Nayantara were out and I had decided to stay at home. I was playing outside and I got this sickening feeling in my stomach. The feeling of dread, you know? I ignored it and played in slow drizzle and after a while I couldn't take that feeling anymore. I went inside singing and calling out for my father." Geet looked up then with a forced smile and eyes red. Maan took her hands in his and squeezed them.

"He was hanging from the ceiling like the way you see in movies. Only that the sight isn't so pleasant. I cried aloud in surprise and shock for having witnessed such a thing. After screaming for minutes our house help who had gone out to purchase vegetables came rushing in. By the time mom and Tara came home, father was made to lie on sofa. He didn't leave a suicide note nor did he say goodbye. For one moment he was there and the next he wasn't." Geet explained in most passive voice she could muster.

He could see that she was struggling to piece the story together as he knew how close she really was with her father.

"I am sorry Geet." Maan said and pulled her to him.

He held her for the rest of the night as she tried to come to terms with her father's death which even after one and half decade left her raw and wounded.

To be continued.

Music Companion for the day: Something about you by Five For Fighting
And: Hands up by 2PM
Edited by -Sookie- - 12 years ago
febinyusuff thumbnail
get some rest honey :)

update great as usual.. loved the maan -geet bonding but more than that I am curios to know about Khuranas mystery...

Edited by febinyusuff - 12 years ago
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Get some rest, Sookie. :)

Great update. Satya and Geet's conversation/argument was awesome. Geet witnessed her father's death, that's sad. Can't wait to read more about the Khurana-Handa history mystery. lol Edited by Krishnaluv94 - 12 years ago
anu_k12 thumbnail
the interaction between Satya n Geet and Maan' reaction to it was funny...

loved the last bit of the part...

awaiting the next part...
Raina123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
poor geet had to witness her own fathers death
great update btwπŸ‘πŸΌ ...really interesting
looking frwrd ot the next installment😍
keep writing and loving it  

Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Sooks
thanks for the update even after being so tired and all
I loooved Satya and Geet conversation. I would have happily agreed with psychotic disorder but Satya has a point. 
Fregoli Delusion??? HAHAHAHA
seriously Sooks
Looks like Geet's father was in some serious mess. Lets see what else you have in store
This one was a compassionate update ;)
Take care
Escapist thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Someone is in love with mysteries and even the name Satya :P
Nice one...its wonderful and ts pathetic...pathetic is the way Vikram n Maithelii are screwing things up..bitchy people seriously...i detest them to the core and that Varun is a good for nothing non existent personality...i just hope all these 3 rot in hell...and more so im curious about the Handa-Khurana mystery...somethings too fishy out here...

The only good thing is Maan and Geet's bonding...liking ti ...

Taek Care,
F
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awww Sookie - I can only thanks you. Babe I hope ur rested n fine!! 

It was tragic - Geet was devastaed no doubt. 

So Maan was boycotted by his sibling as a kid and Geet wound her father's body. Traumatic childhood for them  - apart frm their friendship - something else uniting them. 
And the fact that she hadn't told him this, till date - brings a lot to the fore about their current equation!! 
Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
My Mood is getting better now...😊

"I'm not lonely anymore...I had you...as my quantum of solace all this time...per say..but you always been my amount of comfort.  In the end all the love and friendship is based on that." Maan.

Maan had Geet and now Satya...it seems 2 strong pillar for him to stand and fight the dirty battle. 

Finally falling into his arms should bring some comfort to Geet...πŸ˜ƒ

Love the trio bonding.  Did I smell little jealousy πŸ˜•  Naa...don't think so...but it has a humor...πŸ˜‰

Love the songs...

Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago