Kanchi Kaul: Ek Ladki Anjani Si- NEW

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

Vashi2Panvel.com: Navi Mumbai: January 12:
Her contagious smile and expressive eyes tells it all She has very recently bagged Sony T.V's prime time slot soap, 'Ek Ladki Anjani Si' (the one which has taken over Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin) and the role looks promising as well. After having worked in a plethora of commercial advertisements, it was 'Television Calling' for this Kashmir Ki Kali.

But, ask her anything about Kashmiri culture and language and she chuckles with embarrassment, "I don't know anything about my own culture. My family settled here years ago and ever since I was born I've breathed the Mumbai air! I cannot even recall if I've ever been to Kashmir." So, does she regret not being able to see paradise on earth? "Yes, I would definitely want to be there once but right now I'm concentrating only on my career. That's my priority," says Kanchi who is making her small screen debut with this much-hyped soap.

Making it into television had been a cakewalk for this Jai Hind College graduate who was initially flooded with lead roles from various production units. "But I had to reject as at that time I was concentrating towards modeling and endorsements. And another important reason was that I was not really keen on doing the routine 'saas-bahu' kind of roles," she reveals. Having done about 30 to 35 mainstream endorsements with varying products like Clearsil, Johnson Baby potion, Microsoft, Santro, Sangini jewelers etc, Kanchi feels quite at ease facing the camera. Does she feel the same comfort relating herself to Aranya (whos that?? 😆 i thought it was Ananya😆!) her on-screen character? "We are quite similar to each other in many respects. The fact that I can relate to her is that she is a young 18 year old bubbly girl full of energy. She is the perfect blend of Indian and modern culture and so am I. Apart from the fact that she just loves to ride bike and does it with such ease we are quite similar," she chirps. So, what is it that Kanchi loves to do? "There are so many things that I enjoy doing. I love animals and I've a pet Irish setter, Tango, who is my stress buster. I play with him all the while I'm at home to relax myself. Apart from Tango, I like surfing the net. I'm also obsessed with gadgets and gizmos so I've my own i-pod and such stuffs. I like to party and hang out with friends," she enlists.

Kanchi's professional life is also as beautiful as her personal life appears. We had a tte--tte with this doe-eyed beauty where she reveals the crests and troughs of her professional life….

First things first. Something about the soap:
Kanchi has taken on a safe bet, considering this soap, Ek Ladki Anjani Si, is the desi version of a Spanish soap 'Juana' (excluding the steamy scenes that the soap had, obviously). She says, "It is about a young girl and the instances in her life. I play a very energetic young girl, who loves playing basketball and riding a bike. "This Indianized version," she says, " has been made keeping the Indian audience in mind, and I am sure they will like it". She is rubbing her hands in glee considering the way this prime-time soap has taken shape. "I am extremely happy. The soap has shaped up better than my expectations. It has all the ingredients an actor can ask for", she chirped excitedly.

Friends:
"Sony has been very accommodating. Over the months, I have formed a very casual relation ship with the channel. Every one in Sony is like a friend. It is not like a typical formal relation ship, and that makes the work atmosphere more cordial." So much for the channel, but what about her co-stars? These days it works in everyone's interest not to be friends with co-stars, because it attracts more publicity. And any publicity is good publicity, right? But Kanchi is going the good old way, as of now. "I get along with everyone on the sets too. Shakti is a great actor and has been very good to me. Then there is Arzoo, whom I knew before Ek Ladki… happened. I usually hang out with Arzoo or my mom, who accompanies me on the sets", says Kanchi.

Homework:
My role is very unique. And it did require me to do some homework, basically in terms of learning basketball and riding a bike. But it was fun. I had a blast doing my homework. But I haven't learnt it very well yet, which is why you wont find me riding one in real life. The bike in the serial has wheelers attached to it, so it was easier with that one", she laughs.

Not me:
"I see many actors younger than me, playing mother to teenagers on television today. But honestly I am not comfortable with the idea of playing a mother. So generation leaps are a strict no no for me. Others may be okay with the concept but its not my cup of tea."

Filmi connection:
I have done 6 Telugu films, and loads of commercials, which are still being aired. For instance the Sangini diamonds advertisement. And of course I want to make it big in Bollywood. Basically I want to act, but Bollywood is my ultimate goal..

No Time:
I had been offered copious amounts of soaps even before Ek Ladki Anjaani Si, but this is prime time and is giving me a lot of publicity and recognition, which is why I took it up. But I don't see myself doing any more soaps. Ek Ladki… being a daily, anyways takes up all my time. And I want to concentrate on films now. I watch a few episodes of my serial on the sets itself. Apart from that I don't even get time to watch my own show. But that is okay, since I know the story (laughs). I don't get to watch any Hindi soaps. I do watch a few programmes on Star World or AXN when I get the time though.

Sujata Reddy and Swati Pandey Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

**Fazila_Sui** thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thanx gr8 article 😃   ðŸ˜ƒ