sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Packed with fun and lovely time, that the real holiday ought, we see model turned actor Dino Morea again, in Pooja Bhatt's third directorial venture titled 'Holiday'. Releasing this valentine, the film has Dino Morea and newcomer Onjilee Nair playing the lead. Dino Morea, who debuted with 'Pyar Mein Kabhi Kabhi' and delivered the hit 'Raaz', is anticipating this film to work wonders for his career. He plays the role of a dance teacher in the film. In the process there develops love between Dino and Onjilee. There is a buzz that the film has been inspired from the Hollywood blockbuster 'Dirty Dancing'.

Excerpts from the Interview:

You return back to films after a long time. Did you take a break of sorts?

I'll be facing the audience again after a long time that is true. I haven't taken a break or any such thing. But I'm doing less work now, as I've got very selective about the films that I want to do. A human being learns from his mistake, and after making some fatal errors in my career I would like to amend that with some good work.

How was it to work with Pooja Bhatt who produces and directs the film?

She is a taskmaster but also a very good director. She had to be a taskmaster to get things done from us. She was at the helm of things on the set shouting and bullying. She has done her job perfectly.  In every frame of the film you can see the smoothness and refinement she has dealt with while capturing the moments. Being a women filmmaker she has a lot of aesthetic sense of film making which is a rare to find in others.

The film demands a lot of dancing. How good were you at that?

This is a musical film and the base is dancing, as a form of art and also much more than that. I'm a very good dancer and so I didn't face any jitters while gliding through the steps. Even actress Onjolee is a trained dancer. We very easily matched steps to the choreography. Most people don't know that I can dance very well. Somebody has to see me in nightclub to see that. I've a very good rhythm co-ordination with my body.

Did you train yourself specially to enhance your performance?

In this film we've to move our steps to the Latin-American dance form. This is the thing that neither Onjolee nor me have done before. To suit the film particularly I underwent dancing workshops for eight months. As I play a dance teacher, I hade to appear true to my move.

The film is being said as the remake of Dirty Dancing?

The basis of the story is the same. Both the film is common in the fact that dance forms the base and language to shape the confidence of a girl to help her realize that she is extra-ordinary. So though the plot of the film is same, it is not an absolute remake.

You play the solo hero in the film. Are you nervous about it?

I'm not nervous at all. I've shouldered the film myself and whatever fate it meets I'm ready to handle it. But I'm optimistic and feel that the film will do well. It'll be a feather to my cap then.  

Have you grown better as an actor over the years?

I haven't yet undergone a changeover so to say. I still believe that I'm pretty ordinary. I'm the same way. I've my goals set and I'm trying hard to reach them. And I know that I'll definitely reach my ambition. I'm happy with what I've achieved out of my profession.

Are you looking forward to prove yourself at Friday?

It's an important day when your film releases and it is a very crucial for an actor. But I depend more on hard work than on the Fridays.

We haven't heard much about any link ups with you. Are you dancing single?

There are lots of girls and ladies to dance with me. However no single special one. So I would like to move with the variety and not tied down to one. After being in relationships since I was 18 years old, this is for the first time that I had stayed single for long. I'm mingling with more people and it is pretty exciting.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 18 years ago
Thanks, I look forward to his next releases