Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Quick question...I'm working on a banner for the DBSK forum...could someone tell me which one is satyabhama and which one is jambavathi?

Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@Vrish - Sorry for late reply. I need few clarifications.

1. Don't you think Kunti would have been legally severed from Yadava clan when Kuntibhoja adopted her? I guess this is why Krishna got Subhadra married to Arjun - so that an official relation can be established between Yadavas and Pandavas.

2. How did Krishna get the Sudarshan in this serial? In the previous serial they showed Krishna summoning it from the heavens during battle with Jarasandha. In Mahabharata, as I have read, Agni gifts Sudarshan to Krishna in Khandava forest besides gifting his chariot, conch and Gandiva to Arjun. In Harivansha Parashuram gifts it to Krishna (as it was shown in BRC)
Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@janu di ...yeah the upper one is jambvanti and the other is satya ...

@NandiniPS ... yeah there are many epi.s after that ... i maintain a playlist of the videos uploaded by the official channel .. though they miss the epi.s in between and are a bit irregular while uploading DBSK ... but here's the playlist ! :

hope it might help you !

@Darklord_Rehan

sory for jumping into the discussion you and vrish are having ..

in this serial they didnt show how Krishna acquired the Sudharshan .. 😛
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
  1. No, Krishna always treated her as an aunt, as she remained Vasudev's sister.  So the Vrishni's at least (since the Andhakas seemed to have joined the Kauravas) would still have been duty bound to support the Pandavas, (regardless of whether Kunti was regarded as Vasudev's daughter or Shura's) - and Satyaki and Chekitan did.  But then again, so was Shalya so duty bound, but one knows what happened.  (Incidentally, had Pandu been alive, could Shalya have joined his enemies against him w/o being a traitor to his sister?)
  2. In this serial, they never showed Krishna getting it - it was always w/ him - like his right hand index finger, for example 😆  Which previous serial are you referring to when you mention him summoning a chariot from the heavens?  In the ACK, I recall reading that when Krishna & Balarama went out on their first battle against Jarasandha, a celestial chariot w/ weapons came to them, and that was where Krishna got his Saranga bow and his discus, while Balarama got his mace and plowshare.  Incidentally, I've always wondered whether the Koumadaki went to Krishna or Balarama - in the version where Agni gives the discus to Krishna, that mace goes to Krishna.  But given how Balarama was a more prolific user of the mace, somehow I can't lose the idea that the koumadaki actually went to him.  Given these 3 versions, I think DBSK did the neat thing by sidestepping this altogether and just showing them as already having it.  (Incidentally, Krishna got his Saranga bow at the same time that Arjun got his Gandhiva bow).
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
^^ I was speaking of official relationship. For example, if a person A's son is formally adopted by another person B, then the child will not inherit A's property nor will he remain A's legal responsibility despite their biological relation. The child will be the legitimate son of B and will be his responsibility to maintain. In familial conflicts legitimate ties matter a lot, far more than informal relations. So I thought Kunti's position as Vasudev's sister might not have played any important role compared to Subhadra's place as Arjun's wife.

Had Pandu been alive, the war itself wouldn't have occurred in the first place.😉

The previous serial means RS Shri Krishna.😛

PS : Thanks Deepika..😊

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 12 years ago
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Darklord_Rehan

^^ I was speaking of official relationship. For example, if a person A's son is formally adopted by another person B, then the child will not inherit A's property nor will he remain A's legal responsibility despite their biological relation. The child will be the legitimate son of B and will be his responsibility to maintain. In familial conflicts legitimate ties matter a lot, far more than informal relations. So I thought Kunti's position as Vasudev's sister might not have played any important role compared to Subhadra's place as Arjun's wife.

Had Pandu been alive, the war itself wouldn't have occurred in the first place.😉

The previous serial means RS Shri Krishna.😛

PS : Thanks Deepika..😊

But Kuntibhoj was a yadu , a brother of Vasudev and owned a vast Surseni Yadav kingdom. Also Dhritrashtra took in Kunti  after Pamdu died, and kept her under his wing because of the fear of Yadavas (Ofcourse Pitamahas influence was also there). Also he decided on dividing the kingdom due to the same fear. Otherwise if it was up to him he would have kept Duryodhan as yuvraj That shows Kunti had a strong position.

Why Krishna marrioed Subhadra to Arjun , Mahabharat gives the Answer that Krishna knew only through her can the Vansharekha of Pandavs can be secured. Hence he encouraged the Romance

Kunti by no means had a week family. Unlike Gandhari she was from one of the strongest kingdoms

And do you know Kunti was the only one who had a real Swamvar, if we take the real meaning of the word

All other women in Mahabharat and even Seeta Mata had to marry who ever performed a task. Only Kunti chose on her own. 

Kunti according to Mahabharat was a strong woman with strong bearings and strong family ties
Edited by NandiniPS - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
^^ Even Amba, Ambika, and Ambalika would have had a choice Swayamvar had Bhishma not kidnapped them.

I also think Princess Indumathi (Dashrath's mother) had a choice Swayamvar because in ACK, it showed her choosing Aja among all the Princes and Kings there, and Aja having to fight them all off since they were jealous and angry.
Dpka1415 thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Dpka1415 thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
^^ Deeps, thanks so much for the songs, dear! Could you also post them in the Mytho Masti Song gallery where songs of all the mythos are posted?😃