Bhairavi Raichura (kajal bhai)=Article=

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I've never dreamt of becoming a film actress
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:26:9 IST
Bhairavi Raichura is content doing meaty television roles than mediocre ones in films, she tells..
</>

How does it feel to be back as Kajal Bhai?
(Laughs) Obviously it feels great. More than anything else, the 'Hum Paanch' team was like family. It's like getting back to one's family. We've always shared a great chemistry and it shows on screen. It's the show that's made me. So it feels even more special.

Hasn't anything changed in all these years?
Surprising but no! When I was to begin shooting for it, I wondered if it would be the same. Of course, we were in touch off and on. But the first day of the shoot made us feel like those five years had never existed. It felt exactly the same.

How do you feel about your new look?
The character is the same but now I wear more hep clothes. Earlier, I wore mainly jeans and shirts, now wear jackets and cargos too. This was decided by the production house. It's basically to show that we've just returned from the US.

What is the reaction to the comeback of the show?
People are quite excited that it's come back. They don't find it very different from what it was nor do they find any change in me besides my look.

Don't you feel that there has to be a difference considering five years have passed?
I don't think the basic nature changes. Kajal Bhai always thought of herself as a man. She doesn't like anyone addressing her as a woman. It's such a strong character. I don't know how often one sees characters like that.

Do you relate to her?
(Laughs) I'm not Kajal at all in real life. I'm the complete opposite. I'm naughty
but I'm nowhere like her. I'm comfortable in jeans and shirts as well as in Indian attire. I dress according to the occasion. Five years back when 'Hum Paanch' came on air, people hadn't seen me in anything besides jeans and shirts on screen. Now they're used to seeing me in feminine clothes in my other serials.

Which character do you enjoy playing more, Urmila in 'Astitva' or Kajal Bhai?
Both! I think it's a blessing for an actor to play such diverse characters. I have to work hard for both.

What attracted you to Kaajal Bhai?
It's a completely different character. I found it extremely challenging as I was a very shy girl. Besides, it wasn't like I was being offered hundreds of characters that I could choose from. So I took up Kaajal Bhai. I was very scared initially as I'd never come across a character like that in real life.

How did you manage?
I behaved exactly the way I was told to. My directors helped me a lot. They showed me the different nuances and I just imitated them (laughs).

How did you get into acting?
I started with attending a theatre workshop as a kid. My mum had me enrolled in it as she thought I would open up a bit. I did a play and later another one after my tenth standard. Homi Wadia asked me if I would do a part in 'Mano Na Mano'. Ekta Kapoor spotted me and offered me Kajal Bhai in 'Hum Paanch'. Everything started from there.

Would you do theatre today?
I don't think I have the energy to finish my TV shoots and rush for rehearsals and shows. I would rather stick to television for now.

How about films?
I've been saying no to films. I don't want to do films. I'm happy with television. It's better to do meaty roles on television rather than not-so-important roles in films. Today television is really big. I've never even dreamt of becoming a film actress.

source-

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=January2006_tvtrack_standard 243&child=tvtrack

Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
wow...thanks for the article....