Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
Namastey London had Akshay Kumar in it. He had prior succeses at the BO with phir hera pheri, waqt, etc.. Katrina hardly had any BO standing when Namastey London released. Her only hit was maine pyar kyun kiya prior to this.

And Race was a multistarrer.
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I disagree about APKGK being a success only because of Katrina, it was both Katrina and Ranbir who made the film a success. I know Ranbir didn't have much luck at the box office before this but that doesn't mean he wasn't popular, he does have a fan following and his pairing with Katrina is liked.

Katrina may not be the best actress in the business but she isn't bad either. I think Katrina has come a long way from when she began, she has worked hard to improve herself and prove critics wrong. She is smart in the film she chooses, I like that she is choosing more films where she is more than just a glam doll.
Edited by bollywoodcrazed - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: sogazelle

Namastey London: SHE was the hero of the movie; HIT..

๐Ÿคฃ biggest joke today i heard...thanks for making me laugh ๐Ÿคฃ

Hoe could I have missed this thread lol. Ranbir is no way a top actor. Ajab si was success only because Katrina was in it, because she was giving hits prior, he on the other hand was barely surviving. In Rajneeti there was a starcast, but it was Katrina's 20 second speech that was highlighted. Since than Ranbir's movies again are nothing praiseworthy. Anyhow, don't like him nor his acting. Hoping what I read is true and that deepika is working in aryan;s next

He should jus leave bolly. Imran will rock now.
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Is ranbir being compared to Katrina?
Pleaaasee, this man can ACT ! 
BO hits don't mean anything. All it's about is money, money and MONEY! 
Edited by anu-pre4eva - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

Is ranbir being compared to Katrina?
Pleaaasee, this man can ACT ! 

BO hits don't mean anything. All it's about is money, money and MONEY! 

Who says so? I don't think he can act๐Ÿ˜† He has not impressed me one bit. thats your view not mine. Plus, his movies don't make me want to stash out the dough. Anyhow, Imran is the true youth rocker๐Ÿ‘
Marauders thumbnail
lol and why is imran being brought into this? 
Imran's a total babe, but why are you bringing him into this?
Sam_dean4Eva thumbnail
uhh so sum ppl here are saying APKGK was a hit only cuz of kat! i strongly disgree to dis...it was a hit cuz of many factors..dun underestimate ranbir's popularity..dis guy has a large female following frm sawariya days..so wat dat he dint give a megahit b4 dat..hE being frm da kapoor clan hasbeen a vry big advantage frm da start...and he has certainly lived upto da hype...he can act and is here to stay..da khans dun much hve a lng lyf in bollywood now! apkgk was a hit cuz of it being a rom-com..ppl generally prefer romcoms to any othr genre these days..ranbir and kats popularity...a young fresh pair aftr a lng tym...a gud script and etc etc
sayin dat it was a hit only cuz of kat is stupid...really!
Marauders thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shona93

uhh so sum ppl here are saying APKGK was a hit only cuz of kat! i strongly disgree to dis...it was a hit cuz of many factors..dun underestimate ranbir's popularity..dis guy has a large female following frm sawariya days..so wat dat he dint give a megahit b4 dat..hE being frm da kapoor clan hasbeen a vry big advantage frm da start...and he has certainly lived upto da hype...he can act and is here to stay..da khans dun much hve a lng lyf in bollywood now! apkgk was a hit cuz of it being a rom-com..ppl generally prefer romcoms to any othr genre these days..ranbir and kats popularity...a young fresh pair aftr a lng tym...a gud script and etc etc
sayin dat it was a hit only cuz of kat is stupid...really!

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

kat's fans (not all) always think all the movies of her become hit only because of her... ๐Ÿ˜•

Sam_dean4Eva thumbnail
^^seriously! yes i give credit to her...i postd dat on da 1st page itself bt sayin dat shez da sole reason a movie being a hit is just too lame!