KARISMA KAPOOR FC 2 (check out LOLO in BODYGUARD!)

Posted: 12 years ago

KARISMA KAPOOR

AWARDS:
-BEST ACTOR FEMALE RAJA HINDUSTANI (FF)
-BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR DTPH (FF)
-NATIONAL AWARD WINNER DTPH
-BEST ACTRESS FIZA (FF)
-BEST ACTRESS CRITICS ZUBEIDA (FF) 

Karishma Kapoor was born on 25th June 1974
-Her sun sign is cancerian
-Karisma began appearing on the silver screen during 1991 to date
-So far she has bagged 10 awards for her performance in Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Raja Hindustani (1996), Fiza (2000), and Zubeidaa (2001).

Karisma Kapoor is a successful and humble actor. She is not only glamorous, but is also a terrific actor and dancer. Her comic timing is simply amazing, and she delivered many hits with her idol Govinda. Her first best actor award was for her sensitive performance in Raja Hindustani opposite Aamir Khan. Later she further impressed the audience with her portrayol of Nisha in Dil To Pagal Hai, she was not paired opposite SRK in the movie, but her sensitive portrayol bagged her a filmfare and national award! She also won best actor award for FIZA, then won best actor critics for Zubeida! Her performance as a mother fighting for her child in Shakti the Power also garnered a lot of praise! Karisma Kapoor is a talented artist who has performed all her roles with passion and sensitivity. She is a beautiful human being, who has never bragged about her achievements! She is also very close to her family; she was Raj Kapoor's favourite grandaughter! her favourite movies of her grandfather are: Awaara, Sangam and Kal aaj aur kal 

Her Relationships with COSTARS:

"Karisma dances and works with vengeance. I was surprised to see that in spite of being from such a big family, she is so dedicated to her work. She is basically a very good person at heart. (Govinda, Actor)

"Even though I've only made two films with her, I can not deny the fact that she's a brilliant actress. She's one of my favourite co-stars." (Shahrukh Khan, Actor)

"She's a fantastic actor. I'm very comfortable working with her. She's the industry's number one heroine." (Akshay Kumar, Actor)

"Karisma is my buddy. I'm very proud of her. She's my best co-star on screen & in a real life." (Salman Khan, Actor)

'Kareena is not as vulnerable as Karisma has been, probably because Karisma had to struggle a lot more and she paved way for Kareena. While watching her elder sister Karisma, Kareena imbibed a lot.'

'We like each other, we have been the best of friends, it is a warm relationship'

'Karisma is not doing movies anymore..thankgod she has a sister'

Who does he personally think he clicks best with? "Lolo (Karisma Kapur), Priety (Zinta) and Rani (Mukerji). It depends a lot on the films, but I think I have given maximum hits with Lolo."

Koel: 'an actress u would like to pull out of retirement'
Salman: 'I have really enjoyed working wih lolo'

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wV4YjZVwRQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2lxCmysAyo&feature=player_embedded#at=22[/YOUTUBE]

"Karisma was great, very helpful. We used to go back to the video assist and I would always take her opinion on the better take. She would always tell me, 'that take was nice, you did that very well there, you should do this here'. Since she is a senior artist, this advice was very helpful. It was fun working with her. I am looking forward to working with her again." (Hrithik Roshan, Actor) 

The industry on Karisma and her talent:

"She's my baby. I think she's a gifted actress. I admire her ravishing looks. I really got to talk to Lolo when we were doing a photo-shoot together for a mag. She was full of curiosity. She wanted to know all about make-up. I told her she didn't need any make-up, she had such flawless skin. Last year I called to congratulate her when she won the National Award for Dil To Pagal Hai. She was shooting for Sooraj's Hum  Saath Saath Hain those days and I for Sawan Kumar's Mother in the same studio. She said she'd look me up, and made it a point to do so. She was wearing a pair of trousers. I said they look very smart. Her instant reaction was, 'Let me gift it to you'. I told her it wouldn't fit me. But I was touched by her spontaneous gesture. I have known Lolo as an amazing dancer. I saw part of Raja Hindustani and was surprised by the intensity she brought to her performance. It was remarkable." (Rekha, Actress)

'I spend my time watching Rani and Karisma movies. Karisma however has untapped talent.' (Dilip Kumar, Actor)

'Karisma is a very spontaneous actress and I liked her very much in Prem Qaidi' (Sridevi)

"Karisma is a very talented & intelligent girl...Karisma has great depth as an actress which has not been exploited till date, I have always considered her as an actress with tremendous untapped potential.(Shyam Benegal, Film Director)

"She's hero material. She is the apple of my eye. She is a fighter & I rate her as the best in the business." (David Dhawan, Film Director)

"Can you imagine she has cried onscreen without using glycerine"--Darmesh Darshan director of Raja Hindutani
"Karisma is THE actress today. I will bypass ten other highly popular actresses and zero in on Karisma alone. She is one of the most complete actresses today." (Indra Kumar, Film Director)

"Madhuri never did a Fiza or Zubeida in her heydays. Karisma is a step ahead." (Indra Kumar, Film Director)

"Karisma has proven herself very much worthy of being one of the best actresses in the industry." (Sooraj Barjatya, Film Director & Producer)

"I love Karisma's body and her enthusiasm. Yes, Karisma has been iconic in changing the look in Hindi films. When we put the brown lenses on her for Raja Hindustani, her eyes had gone completely red but she faced the camera with confidence. My whole aggression she supported. Together, we completely changed the style of Hindi cinema." (Manish Malhotra, Fashion Designer)

"Karisma is one of the best dancers in industry along with Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit." (Farah Khan, Film Director & Dance Choreographer)

"Earlier, I offered her a role in Parampara. Sadly, she left the film because of her busy schedule. I'm glad she won a National Award through my film, Dil To Pagal Hai." (Yash Chopra, Film Director & Producer)

Karisma has carved a niche for herself in the industry. Today, she's in an enviable position, any actress would want to be in her shoes." (Boney Kapoor, Film Producer)

"She's definitely promising as the actress for the next millennium & has got youth going for her." (Tanuja Chandra, Film Director)

"Karisma has earned such good name for herself, and its Kareena who stands to benefit from that." (Vashu Bhagnani, Film Producer)

"I've known her since she stepped into the film industry & have witnessed a dramatic growth in her persona. Enthusiasm & passion towards work run in her blood. I take a lot of pride in the fact that I launched Karisma Kapoor." (D. Rama Naidu, Film Producer)

"She is one of the most versatile actresses in Bollywood after Madhuri Dixit." (Suneel Darshan, Film Director & Producer)

"Lolo is one the most versatile actresses we have today. She's a great dancer too. Lolo is a female Shah Rukh Khan! Both have so much energy and stamina in them, like all two year olds have! They both are live wires. It is a treat to watch Karisma on screen. She is like a fire. I am happy she is where she is, because I think she is one person who truly deserved the position she is in. and has truly earned it. Whatever the grievances between us and the fact that we might not be working together, I still have to admit that this girl is just too good!" (Sunil Shetty, Actor) 

"Karisma is very talented and unbelievably hard working." (Sanjay Dutt, Actor)

"She has all it takes in the world of films." (Sunny Deol, Actor & Producer)

"It's when you actually work with her that you realise why she is so successful. Karisma's stunningly gorgeous. She is so extremely disciplined and very hardworking that it is a pleasure working with her." (Om Puri, Actor)

"I had said then, and I'm saying it again, 'She is someone to watch out for!'" (Jackie Shroff, Actor)

"I enjoy watching Karisma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi and Kajol." (Deepika Padukone, Actress)

"I admire Karisma Kapoor a lot. I want to be a versatile actress like her." (Amrita Rao, Actress)

"It isn't difficult for me to gauge her as an actress. Professional is her second name. Working with an actress as senior & successful as her could've been an intimidating experience, yet, she came across as a person sans starry airs. She's the best dressed woman on screen. She deserves it all, be it success, fame, popularity. She has made it on her own steam." (Pooja Batra, Actress)

"I have always looked up to actresses like Sridevi & Karisma Kapoor. They're truly the most versatile actresses & great dancers." (Mallika Sherawat, Actress)

"It takes a lot of dedication & hard work to sustain yourself in an industry like ours. I give full marks to Karisma for leading her life on her own terms. No one can ever doubt or question the fact that talent is in her genes." (Sonali Bendre, Actress)

"I'm sure I'll learn a lot while working with Karisma who has years of experience. I want to find out whether I 'm ready to compete with such an established heroine. Karisma doesn't allow anything personal to get in the way of work. In fact, she's someone I can relate with. She's worked very hard to make her own place in the industry. Even though she came from a film family, it wasn't a cakewalk for her." (Amisha Patel, Actres

CANDID PICTURES

Divya and Karisma used to be best friends

CRITICS ON KARISMA:

ZUBEIDA:

There's no refuting the fact that ZUBEIDAA belongs to Karisma Kapoor. The actress looks every bit the character she is portraying and the effort is laudable. She essays the multifaceted character with flourish and scores every time she comes on screen. There are innumerable sequences she leaves a mark in, but the ones that can be singled out are when she breaks down after being divorced by her husband in the initial reels and in the one in the climax, when she forces herself in the two-seater aircraft, pushing Rekha aside. Here's one performance that deserves the National Award.

FIZA:

Karisma Kapoor is bound to win all the accolades and laurels. Her role demanded desperation and the honesty with which she approaches her character, is extremely effective and should fetch her all the awards in the coming months. This is undoubtedly her best performance to date.

SHAKTI ' THE POWER

clearly belongs to Karisma Kapoor. Breathing fire and venom to win back her son from the clutches of a despot, the actress gives it all to the character of a helpless mother and proves what a virtuoso performer she is. Playing the part of a wounded tigress, this is one performance that overshadows all the performances the year has seen so far.

"A multifaceted actress. Aishwarya Rai has not diminished her demand." (Planetbollywood.com, August 2000)

"One of the best actors without a shred of doubt, Karisma drifted from commercial cinema to meaningful cinema gradually. She was reigning supreme till a few years ago." (Taran Adarsh, Film Critic)

"The number one heroine. She's a thorough-bred professional & has worked extremely hard with single-minded dedication to get to the coveted position she is enjoying currently." (Kanan Divecha, Film Columnist)

"Karisma Kapoor is one actress who has had it all, enjoying both commercial & artistic success. During her decade long career she has done as many as 60 films & has proved her versatility & prowess at both comedy & melodrama with equal ease." (M.S.M. Desai, Journalist)

"The undisputed box office queen." (Subhash K. Jha, Film Journalist)

"Karisma Kapoor is on the top of my list. She tasted blood when she won the National Award for a supporting role. The usual awards from Filmfare and Screen (even for the Best Actress) paled in comparison. She started taking herself seriously and now she wants the National Award for Best Actress. It was with an eye on that award that she has sacrificed a couple of crores! Her usual price is in the vicinity of Rs 1 crore but she signed Khalid Mohammad's Fiza, and Shyam Benegal's Zubeida for one third of that amount. Both the filmmakers have taken subjects that would go down well with the pseudos that usually occupy the award committees. Pseudos in media will make right noises supporting Karisma's candidature. Karisma has nothing to worry about as she is competing with herself as she figures in two films." (Mohan Deep, Astrologer)

KARISMA'S PERSONALITY

About Her Name..
What her name Karisma and her nick name Lolo mean..??

Call her Ms. Kapoor. Call her by her nickname, Lolo (which means "sweet" in Sindhi, her mother's first language). But if you meet her, whatever you do, DON'T call her Karishma!

That's right: the popular pronunciation of Karisma's name -- arising, no doubt, from the Urdu word 'karishma,' meaning 'miracle' -- is wrong. It'sKar-IZ-ma, as in 'charisma,' and she apparently does mind the difference, since she often sets her interviewers straight.

Weight....50 kg. And it has been steady. I can eat anything and as much as I want. I just don't put on weight.

Family...What more can I say about the Kapoors than is already known?

Schooling...My initial years were at Cathedral and John Connan High School in Fort. After I did my CBSE, I joined Sophi College for FYJC (Arts). Then I left.

Nicknames...I have several of them. But Lolo is the most common one. Relatives on my mother's side call me Lolima. Some call me Lola. Actually all the distortions of Lolo are my nicknames.

Nature...By nature I'm an introvert but I try and pretend to be an extrovert. It works at times an it doesn't sometimes. Basically I like to be left again.

Believes in...God, my mother and my work.

Superstitious about...Cat crossing the road, keeping one shoe upside down, passing under a ladder...the list is endless!

Dreams...It's the action replay of the happenings during the day. Even if I've seen a film, I see it all over again in my dreams.

Parties...I'm not a party bird. In fact, I avoid them as much as possible. I love to go to bed early. I like to go to sleep watching the TV or listening to soft music

Moods...I'm very moody, but in a positive way. I just don't communicate with people if I'm feeling disturbed. My worst mood is in the morning just after I've woken up. I drive everyone up the wall with my high-strung behaviour. I want everything in a jiffy. My staff and family hates me in the mornings.

Desires...to be an independent woman. I want to make a name as a woman of substance. My dream is to get into business later but it has to be something connected to films. I have to be in this film industry, whatever I do!

When free...I love dancing and that's what I do whenever I'm free. I put on the music in my room and dance till I fall down! My mother often screams from outside asking me to open the door.

Issues she feels strongly about...Orphans and the film industry. I want all the orphans in the world to have a home. and I want the film industry to achieve the status of an independent industry.

Friends...I have very few friends but what comforts me is that they never sit on judgement as far as I am concerned. They care for me and will do anything for me.

When depressed...I eat a lot. I stuff myself with lots of ic-cream, chocolates. I indulge myself until I feel nice and snap out of my depression!

Nostalgic about...My childhood, my grandfather and my first film.

Terrified about...Nothing in the world scares me more than cockroaches! If you want to know my secrets, all you need to do is threaten me with a cockroach (even a dead one!) and I'll spill everything!

Hates...People who disrespect their work, whatever it may be!

Strives for...Perfection. And to me that means doing everything that I do with maximum honesty and dedication. I may not be the best, but if I give my best, I think that's enough. I also strive to be a good human being.

Passionate about...My work, what else?

Turn ons...Silk bedspreads, perfumes, silence.

Turn offs...Liars.

Car in school...Mercedes but went to school by bus.

Car now...Mercedes,Maruti Esteem and Honda City

Favourite TV show...F.R.I.E.N.D.S

On what occasions do you lie...When I know it won't hurt anyone.

Memorable moments...The day I got my first Filmfare Award, the day I got the National Award.

Philosophy of life...Dream the impossible dream and it'll come true.

On a blind date you'd go out with...Leonardo Dicaprio.

If you were a burglar you'd steal...Brownies from the Pret-A-Porter patisserie in London.

You'd like to be reborn as...Karisma Kapoor.

Allergies...Dust, hypocrites

Those school days..

I was easily the most mischievous girl in school. The teachers were fed up of me. And frankly I was quite fed up of them too. I couldn't sit through the maths class. We often had our physical training class before maths.

We had to change into our school uniforms from our sports uniforms before going to class. We would deliberately take time to change. When there were just 15 minutes left for the bell to go, we'd walk in, all apologetic. And the teacher would fall for it.

At other times, I would deliberately disturb the teacher and she'd throw me out of the class. Then I'd walk out of the school gates and tuck into the kairis sold by the hawkers outside.

"At 16 I become conscious of my body. I stopped running around making a fool of myself"

The tomfoolery continued till the ninth standard. Then I was made headgirl. So I became very conscientious. I would do my headgirl number with the students and make sure that all of them abided by the rules. I enjoyed the power, it gave me a kick.

And then the day, I turned 16...

The day I turned 16 is etched in my mind. I had my first real party. The house was decorated beautifully. Those shimmery disco crystal balls were the in thing then. We got one for the party.

All the boys and girls from my class were invited. There was loud music and we jived till we were ready to drop dead. I wore high heels for the first time, suddenly I felt all grown up.

The party went on till 10.30 p.m. which was a wow thing for us then. My mother gave me a gold chain with a heart-shaped-pendant. It was my best birthday party ever.

Around that time I began to get aware of myself, of the changes. Every Sunday, we'd go to the Breach Candy club. There we'd create a ruckus in the swimming pool, splashing water and screaming without a care in the world.

Then suddenly I became conscious of myself, of my body. I didn't want to run around screaming anymore or make a fool of myself.

"A guy kept dedicating a song to me every five minutes. Though I was embarrassed, I loved the attention"

The day a guy kept dedicating songs to me at the college music festival...

Since I was the first Kapoor to go to college, it became an event to be celebrated by the family. My parents were beaming with pride.

Frankly, I wasn't too keen to go to college. But since everyone was so enthusiastic, I decided to go along.

For once, I decided to become serious about studies. I passed my psychology exams with flying colours. The teacher couldn't believe it was my paper... she checked my roll number thrice just to make sure she wasn't making a mistake. The entire class cracked up, seeing the quizzical look on her face.

At college, I would participate in the music festival. Once at the festival, a guy kept dedicating a song to me every five minutes. I went red with embarrassment but I enjoyed the attention.

FAMOUS KARISMA QUOTES:

When did you cry last?
I cry very often, very easily too. When did I cry last? A week ago, I think.

Apparently Salman Khan has remarked in print that he wants to work with a hassle-free heroine in Dus. Director Mukul Anand agreed and so Karisma was out. Lolo doesn't believe that her friend Salman could have uttered such drivel. "Why, I'm even going on shows with him!" she retorts. "Surely that wouldn't be happening if there was even the slightest tension between us. I've known Salman even before I joined films. I believe my friend more than I believe yellow journalism."

What kind of bond do you share with your sister?
Bebo is like my daughter Samaira. Touch wood, we have a very strong bond.

'Biggest beauty secret in life is to be a good person'

FAMILY & KARISMA:

"Karisma was always the shy sort. Ever since she was knee high she wanted to be an actress. She'd dance to Sridevi songs & my father (Raj Kapoor) doted on her." (Randhir Kapoor, Actor & Karisma's father)

"Many people like me because Karisma ki chhoti bahen hai (I'm Karisma's younger sister). Whatever I am today is just because I am Karisma's baby sister. She is my source of inspiration." (Kareena Kapoor)

Chimpu Kapoor: 'Karisma is a better actress then Kareena, Karisma is more intense'

KARISMA KAPOOR VIDEOS:
INTERVIEWS:

JEENA ISI KA NAAM HAI
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qjJu6Dv0r4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAvE-GPtD4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSS3CevVhCA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iA-nrk4VZE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8UgCKHK9Q[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXjRnq7qF2o&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxrpomSEsu0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE] 

DUNIYA KE SITARE KARISHMA KAPOOR
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PARgGE0LyDQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwbcw9F5k_g&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAWIE8YffXg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6u5kN_RMY&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkFKpIgCdQ4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZWR1Pm2_n8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDEcxCoJhOE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG4ELFXIKqk[/YOUTUBE]

KARISMA'S AWARD WINNING PERFORMANCES!

RAJA HINDUSTANI
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=467fQA_3Nw4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

DIL TO PAGAL HAI
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH3Yx5muaY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

FIZA
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Kgsf-ady4[/YOUTUBE]

ZUBEIDA
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVd4GQv7fv8&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]

SHAKTI THE POWER
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk3BhqnQbFM[/YOUTUBE]

AWARDS:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Iwt9mhzDA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96XKVzjjkCY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhwwZ7PuDSM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]  

KARISMA KAPOOR- BOX OFFICE QUEEN 

Top Lifetime Grossers 1995-1999 (Figures in Ind Rs)

Rank Film Year Nett Gross Gross Adjusted Gross Verdict
1 Hum Aapke Hain Kaun 1994 69,75,00,000 123,00,00,000 309,26,00,000 All Time Blockbuster
2 Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge 1995 61,00,00,000 106,50,00,000 267,77,00,000 All Time Blockbuster
3 Raja Hindustani 1996 48,00,00,000 85,00,00,000 207,78,00,000 All Time Blockbuster
4 Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 1998 45,25,00,000 76,75,00,000 182,54,00,000 All Time Blockbuster
5 Border 1997 35,00,00,000 61,00,00,000 149,11,00,000 Blockbuster
6 Karan Arjun 1995 29,00,00,000 52,00,00,000 120,69,00,000 Blockbuster
7 Dil To Pagal Hai 1997 28,00,00,000 48,00,00,000 117,33,00,000 Super Hit
8 Hum Saath Saath Hain 1999 28,00,00,000 46,50,00,000 107,68,00,000 Hit
9 Biwi No1 1999 24,00,00,000 40,00,00,000 92,63,00,000 Hit
10 Bade Miyan Chote Miyan 1998 20,00,00,000 35,00,00,000 83,25,00,000 Semi Hit
11 Hum Dile De Chuke Sanam 1999 20,00,00,000 32,50,00,000 75,26,00,000 Semi Hit
12 Jeet 1996 17,25,00,000 30,50,00,000 74,56,00,000 Hit
13 Ishq 1997 17,25,00,000 30,00,00,000 73,33,00,000 Semi Hit
14 Pardes 1997 18,00,00,000 30,00,00,000 73,33,00,000 Hit
15 Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha 1998 17,75,00,000 30,25,00,000 71,95,00,000 Hit
16 Ghatak 1996 16,50,00,000 29,25,00,000 71,50,00,000 Hit
17 Ziddi 1997 16,50,00,000 29,25,00,000 71,50,00,000 Hit
18 Coolie No1 1995 16,00,00,000 28,25,00,000 71,03,00,000 Super Hit
19 Hero No1 1997 16,00,00,000 28,00,00,000 68,44,00,000 Hit
20 Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya 1998 16,25,00,000 28,25,00,000 67,18,00,000 Hit
21 Agni Sakshi 1996 15,50,00,000 27,00,00,000 66,00,00,000 Hit
22 Taal 1999 17,25,00,000 28,25,00,000 65,42,00,000 Above Average
23 Judwaa 1997 15,00,00,000 26,50,00,000 64,78,00,000 Hit
24 Saajan Chale Sasural 1996 14,50,00,000 25,50,00,000 62,33,00,000 Super Hit
25 Soldier 1998 14,50,00,000 25,50,00,000 60,64,00,000 Hit

FILMFARE COVERS

ADVERTISMENTS

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kLLucDEAh8[/YOUTUBE] 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl8fTr6g9z4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]  

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f9tFQHBbOA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2PbHBszh6E[/YOUTUBE]

CREATIONS!

credit: prettyfulwishes

credit: celina      

Karisma Kapur is returning to films after a hiatus. She has signed Vikram Bhatt's next - Dangerous Ishq, an erotic thriller in 3-D. Her last release was Mere Jeevan Saathi in 2006.

Says a source, "Lolo never really announced her retirement even after her marriage to industrialist Sanjay Kapur in 2003. Despite being busy with her domestic life and subsequent motherhood (daughter
Samaira was born in 2005, son Kiaan Raj in 2010), Karisma has always had film offers. She has remained in circulation by signing many endorsements but has now finally given the nod to Vikram's film. His last film Haunted 3-D did well at the box office. That was the clincher for her."

Says Vikram, "When I first gave Karisma a narration, she loved the story and the script. It's a woman-centric film and she plays the main character.
Dangerous Ishq is a thriller based on past-life regression. We start shooting in September in Rajasthan."

Karisma is looking forward to the film. "It's a role I haven't done before. The script is very interesting and working in the 3-D format will be a new experience for me," she says.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Karisma-to-do-a-3-D-film/articleshow/8836865.cms

Karisma's ready for a comeback
TNN | May 25, 2011, 12.00am IST

A source informs that the actress-turned-homemaker has finally signed on the dotted line and decided on her comeback film.

While details are awaited, buzz is the project will have either Akshay or Salman opposite her.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Karismas-ready-for-a-comeback/articleshow/8556089.cms

PLEASE JOIN THE SALLU-LOLO TWITTER FC!http://twitter.com/#!/SalmanKarismaFC , THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO BRING THESE TWO TOGETHER FOR A MOVIE!

MEMBERS:
-nkapoor
-Neetu_PB_lover
-Da_BagarhBilla
-prettyfulwishes 
-KaJenYaianSanju
-AnuPreforever
-Natts
-sweet_angel27
-ZaryaabJuhi1b8
-ZoobiDoobi
-anu
-ruky786
-Xxcoolchick1xX
-shahsb_26
-Kashfanforever
-jaanlover
-Celina_
-zaxo
-Cutiepie Rani
-Zareena
-Sonam.B
-SoEulMate_LoVeR
-sharstarz07
-Terenaina
-2direct
-AishKiDiwani
-sweetcoco

PLEASE PRESS THE LIKE BUTTON IF U WANT TO JOIN!

Edited by nkapoor - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Karisma Kapoor to play Hema Malini's role in 'Satte Pe Satta'

By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 28th July 2011

Karisma Kapoor at ST Andrews Auditorium

Everyone is aware that Karishma Kapoor is making a comeback into films with Vikram Bhatt's 'Dangerous Ishq'. No sooner she announced her comeback, she started getting film offers.  It is heard that she will step into Hema Malini's shoes and enact her part in 'Satte Pe satta' remake to be directed by Soham Shah and produced by Sanjay Dutt.

At first, they were keen to sign Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Vidya Balan but when both of them declined, they approached Karisma Kapoor. The actress read the script and liked it.

The source added, "Sanjay wants a very Indian looking girl. After Aishwarya refused to work in the film despite Dutt trying hard to convince her, Dutt had approached his 'Lagey Raho Munnabhai' costar Vidya Balan. She too had declined the offer."

The source further added, "A few days before he spoke to Vidya, Dutt had spoken to Karisma who at the time had clearly told him that she was not interested in making a comeback."

Let's see how Karisma could impress her audience in her second innings.

Read more: Karisma Kapoor to play Hema Malini's role in 'Satte Pe Satta' | Hema Malini | Sanjay Dutt | Vidya Balan http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/karisma-kapoor-to-play-hema-malini-s-role-in-satte-pe-satta/7655/#ixzz1TP77hvj4

'I really want Karisma to be present because she has had a big hand to play in all that I have achieved today.'

hey do u want to join the Sallu-lolo Fc on IF and on twitter? that way we can make them do a movie again!
glitters thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I joined on IF!! :D

Originally posted by: Natss

I joined on IF!! :D

please also join the twitter FC! http://twitter.com/#!/SalmanKarismaFC
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL7PP8X_3CI[/YOUTUBE]

The svelte and sexy Karisma Kapoor who is making a comeback with Vikram Bhatt's Dangerous Ishq, has been offered to do an item song in Sajid Khan's Housefull 2. Ranu Mukerji was approached for the song, but when things did not work out, the makers of Housefull 2 approached Karisma who is also a close friend of producer Sajid Nadiadwala.

"Lolo's association with Sajid is very old. The duo has worked together for films like Jeet and Judwaa. Sajid and Lolo are still in touch. So after Rani refused, Sajid thought of Karisma who looks as sexy as she was earlier", informs a source close to Housefull 2 unit. Watch latest music video online

latest music video online

Edited by nkapoor - 12 years ago
Celina_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
congratz on 2nd FC..