manpreet887 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Heyy peeps

I have some questions for all the brown people out there who had laser hair removal done. How were the results? Do you have any before/after pics? where did you get it done from? How much did it cost and for which areas on body? I really hope someone on the forums can help me out and provide me with some information based on their experience.

I know the best candidate for laser hair removal is someone who is fair with dark hair. However, I am a bit tanned and not really sure if this would be the best option for me.
The last thing I want to do is waste $1000's and get no results!!
Any help?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karankittu thumbnail
Hey yes im having it done right at the momment, and it WORKS :)
manpreet887 thumbnail

Originally posted by: karankittu

Hey yes im having it done right at the momment, and it WORKS :)

Can you please give me more info!
The type of laser being used, where, ur skin color, what area and stuff
it would mean a lot :)
karankittu thumbnail
yeah my skin colour is fairish, im not dark i'd say im a very light brown colour.
Area well im having a full body laser.

And type i dont know because my beautician uses the laser i trust her. :)
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hmm I've always wondered about this. Is it painful, karankittu? Because it does sound really painful...But I've always been more scared about the side-effects of laser on your skin. It can potentially damage it, right?
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
My cousin and friend got it done on their face, and they loved it. You have to go for several sessions though depending on your hair type and amount.

My bua got it done on her underarms, and she said it was painful. My cousin said though that larger laser beams are less painful than smaller ones. 

I personally think it's a large chunk of money, but my cousin keeps saying it will save you money long term. lol
karankittu thumbnail
hey yep it;s painful, infact quite painfil depending on your colour of your skin the darker you are the more it'll hurt. I;m an very light brown so it's okay for me not really painful but my skins sensitive so still i feel the pain!. And yes definatly saves money in the long run. iv not had to buy wax strips or shave or anything for 6 weeks. it's fab!
.Anamika. thumbnail
Oh I didn't know that it would be more painful for darker skin. Hmm...I'm light-skinned so maybe this isn't a bad idea. And I hate getting my eye brows thread all the time. Now THAT is painful for me...so I'm not sure if I could deal with laser beams...Although, the thought of not waxing for 6 weeks is very alluring. And it would def be cost-friendly in the long run!
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
From what I'm told, you cannot get your eyebrows shaped with a laser because they don't have a laser that small enough yet. 
.Anamika. thumbnail

^ Oh then how do they do their whole face? Minus eyebrows? That's weird...I thought a lot of women must get their eye brows and upper lips done? So I guess you still have to continue waxing there? But even then. At least my legs would be hair-free...No waxing every 3-4 weeks!