Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anupa28 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
i have almost finished my next chapter..will try to post it tonight or tomorrow morning..thanks a lot for liking it...
silverleaves thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ooh,very interesting start!
Nice idea making arjun half greek, giving him looks of a Greek god ๐Ÿ˜†

Please add me to the pm list and update soon!
anisa79 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Add me too the pm list too..loved it!
Anupa28 thumbnail

Chapter 2

His words "the chemistry is still fizzing" kept on ringing in her ears. She got so distracted that she couldn't even feel Arjun capturing her hand and pulling her somewhere. She snapped back to reality and was very surprised to find her hand in his. "Come on Arohi" he added, "Lets get out of here and go to the study. I need to talk to you"

Arohi shook her head to clear her brain. She very well knew his "modus operandi" He was doing it again, mersmerising her with a kiss and then ordering her about. But this time she has her own rule. She is not going to fall prey to his charming mannerisms once again.

"No, thank you. I have nothing to say to you.  We can discuss all we need at our meeting on Monday' She was very proud of her ability to speak firmly to Arjun and bravely meeting his narrowed disapproved gaze. "But if you would like a drink please help yourself. The bar is in the dining room and you know the way very well". Saying that  she tried to walk past him but Arjun's hand closed round her upper arm, halting her. ."Not so soon Arohi".

She fought down the tingling sensation his hand aroused in her flesh. She said in a flat tone " In case you haven't noticed I have got guest. I must mingle. It is after all my twenty first birthday and you have no right to barge in and ruin my party mood"

Hazel eyes raked her from head to toe in a blatant sexual appraisal. "Mingling with you is exactly what I have in my mind Arohi. What about you? Still interested?" Arohi looked at the man towering over her and recognised the amusement glitterring in his eyes. He hasn't changed at all in these three years. He was still as devastatingly attractive as ever and the worst part is he was very aware of his male charisma. Add wealth, power and sophistication to his good looks and Arjun Singhania  was one lethal cocktail that every female species would dream to consume.

Tonight he was wearing dark navy pin-striped business suit, with a plain white silk shirt and a muted blue and red tie. For a second she wondered why he was dressed that way on a Saturday night, at a party where he has not been invited to. But she refrained from asking. She simply wanted him out of her house and out of her life. She just can't risk having him in her life again but she also needs to start working in her father's firm. Her only hope is that Arjun will continue to work from his London office and hand over the responsibility of Mumbai branch to her.

"Will I do? Arjun asked arching one dark eyebrow, fully aware that she had been studying him. Arohi could feel hot colour rushing to  her cheeks  and was not sure if it was from anger or embarrasement. The smirk, the confident in his face was clearly visible. She just wished that she could wipe that off permanently.

"Does your silence mean that you are considering my offer to mingle Arohi, darling?" His deep voice was awfully close to her ear and jerking her arm from his hand , she shot back scathingly "Still the incorrigible flirt , Arjun . I really pity your wife and family. How they tolerate your whims and moods ,I can't imagine". She had to say those words as she was horrified to realise that his touch, his closeness, still had the power to make her weak. But there was no way she was going to let him see it.

He immediately stepped back as if been wounded. "My family, if you can call it a family is fine. Dad is busy as always and my step mother and step sister are still in California. I only see them when they want something" Then he stared down at her with eyes as dark as jet, all trace of amusements gone "And as for a wife, you should know the answer to that better than most. As Arohi you are the one who saved me from falling into the matrimonial trap by cancelling our engagement. Thanks to you sweetheart that I am still a free bird" Arohi was taken aback to see the fleeting emotions of pain and then the subsequent anger in his eyes as he said those words.

She realised a good percentage of her guests were looking at them with curiosity. Damm the man "I dont know what you want to discuss that can't wait until Monday but you were right, the study would be better"

"That's like a good girl" A large arm fell across her shoulders and urged her through the dancing bodies towards the door. "I knew you would see my way in the end"

Once in the relative peace of the corridor Arohi shrugged off Arjun's guiding arm. " I do know the way to the study. This is my home." She mocked him walking towards the large door.

Arohi glanced up at his handsome face: he looked tired and a bit older yet he could still have wooed the whole of the feminine population with his good looks and charms. His hazel eyes, his dimpled smile can make one melt like a jelly in a second. He was an extraordinary man. Being half Greek and half Indian he was perfect. He has inherited his sharp features from his mom but despite of all his arrogance, his ruthlessness he has the soft Indian touches embedded in him. He is the ultimate show stealer. He is the great Arjun Singhania. Inexplicably she felt a sudden tenderness sweep through her for the man.  After all he had been a very good friend once, he had been her mentor, her guide but also he was the one who has given her the deepest possible wound. He has played with her emotions for his own benefit. She can never ever forgive him for that.

Plz dnt forget to hit the like button and all post mortem are cordially requested and accpeted for betterment

Edited by Anupa28 - 12 years ago
anisa79 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
First to comment..love it! :D
You don't give much away lol..want to know what happened between them!Edited by 7994 - 12 years ago
moonkmh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Superb update di. Arjun once playd wid aru's emotion? Eagrly waitng 4 dat part. Btw i got a shock in "your wife" word.
Do continue soon.Edited by moonkmh - 12 years ago
Anupa28 thumbnail
@madhu...Arohi broke their engagement as Arjun has already mentioned. I think she already knew that Arjun was not married but most probably said to get a reaction out of him. So she stressed on " your wife" to make a point I think.

Thanks for the lovely comment.
moonkmh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Anupa28

@madhu...Arohi broke their engagement as Arjun has already mentioned. I think she already knew that Arjun was not married but most probably said to get a reaction out of him. So she stressed on " your wife" to make a point I think.

Thanks for the lovely comment.

oh,i undrstand nw. Thanks di. I guess aru wantd 2 knw abt his status so she said dat. Wao! I thnk she luv him,dn why brk d engagement? Lots of qtn running in my head. Cnt wait 4 nxt update. Di,i must say u hv brilliant storyline.
Ruky07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
first of all congo Anupa
now, ur an amazing writer !!!, hats off
you details,emotions were beautifully written ๐Ÿ‘
this is going to be an amazing FF.
why did she break the engagement off ???
half greek ๐Ÿ˜ณ
cheerio :)

Edited by Ruky07 - 12 years ago
AmnaIsh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
brilliant chapter๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ - i'm intrigued by ur sense of detailing and depiction of a scene..a wonderful read๐Ÿ‘
Edited by AmnaIsh - 12 years ago