Beti sher, toh maa sava sher...

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Well, was today the Niharika show or what? Forget Switty darling...this woman is Medusa incarnate. A snake-headed woman who kills her own children. Symbolically, of course. 

Aside from the fact that I still think Niharika looks like Michael Jackson's long lost clone, and the over-emphasis on certain words makes her sound...um...special...I know Eva Grover. I've seen Eva Grover in other shows. I fail to understand why her acting here resembles that of a pantomime villain. 

BUT, today we saw a glimpse of the real Niharika. Even my sister said today something that I have been saying all along - I can't understand if this woman is truly evil or just manipulative and adaptive to her surroundings. One minute she is treating Ram like a step kid, but in the next minute she is not even sparing her biological kids that same sharp tongue. I have to say, I do like that she is not out-and-out evil. It lends her character a bit...more than say other evil mothers who appear to have no logical motive. But Switty/Medusa seems to look out for herself, marrying a man 20 years her senior (which explains her closeness to Ram's age, since one might imagine that when she married him she was at least 20, and he was at least 40, which means that Ram was at least 15-20), then doing all she can to safeguard her children's futures. And by safeguard, I mean manipulate and shape them to what she wants. 

Why she is adamant that Nuts marry Karthik (simply the 'pregnancy'?), I do not know. She could just as easily find some spoilt rich kid who could keep Nuttymonster in the lifestyle she is accustomed to. But maybe she thinks that Karthik will be as easily malleable as Priya supposedly will be. 

Some points I felt worth a mention:

1. So Switty decides to reveal her entire life story and her nefarious plans, and even calls Ram home asap, and yet he STILL doesn't make it home in time to hear her? Really? What a waste of a scene, in that respect. 
2. Am getting bored of Ram & Priya going at it wherever they meet. I liked that their scene was a little milder than usual, but for the love of God, you're standing in the middle of a freaking road and all you can do is attempt to exchange rings and talk at each other for 20 minutes?
3. Ishika - what is the purpose? Seriously?
4. What kind of a pregnancy test was that? A piece of paper that "changes colour"? At least go to a real doctor to confirm the pregnancy before you start making contingency plans 
5. No matter how much a girl supposedly loves a guy, what brother would let her marry someone who has hit her? We know that Karthik is basically okay, but he could be a closet domestic abuser. 
6. Secondly, why is Nuts creating such a hullabaloo about this slap? This was the third one given to her by Karthik and if I recall, the first one too was in full view of her employees and "public". So why did she not feel humiliated then? In fact, she saw it as a sign of lurrrve πŸ₯± 
7. Loved the precap, esp. Ram's frustrations as to whether he is still engaged or not πŸ˜†
8. Did anyone else want to tear their hair out in frustration at the thought of the Nuts-Karthik + Priya-Ram merry-go-round circle past again? I'm very much against the idea of Nuts & Karthik getting married for reasons you all know. And I don't want this to be the reason RP get married. Hope Karthik has some sense and refuses, though judging from this show I don't think that's a likelihood. 

So another week goes by and nothing much changes. Our predictions are almost as spot on as those of Paul the Octopus, God rest his slimy soul. 

Next week is a good week? πŸ€”

Mahi623 thumbnail
Niharika..welcome to the world of evil and manipulative mothers...I see a long line of worthy villains raising their caps to you...

Niharika completely rocked today. I actually like her more now that she showed this side to her. Before this, I thought Niharika might just be being manipulated by her brother, but it turns out that this woman can take care of herself just fine. Also, we finally got a chance to see Niharika's motivations. She has lied, deceived and manipulated her way into this world and everything it has to offer, and now she just wants to make sure that everything stays in her control. She doesn't hate Ram because he's her stepson, she just wants  to control him because he holds the pursestrings, and for a woman like Niharika who not only had nothing to offer to the world, but also a freeloading brother with a stealing problem, this means taking action.

As for her attitude with Nuts, she is reminding me of The OC's Julie Cooper who sacrificed a lot   to get to the top, and she's not going to let a crazy daughter ruin it all for her. That said, I don't get why she thinks that Priya would be the quiet bahu. Niharika has proved today she is very good with knowing people and what they want, she called Nuts tough girl bluff in a second, and has apparently manipulated Ram for years.

Little Things:

Vas, a lot of things about the pregnancy test were bothering me. Like how it took Nuts only a second to get the result, how Nuts brought it out of the bathroom and threw it at her mother, and of course, how exactly is ishika planning on conceiving a child if she is never with her husband? Also, how dense is Nuts not to know what changing colour(which I am guessing means the stick is blue) means?

Also, i agree that Ram should have heard the evil plot story, it seems like a waste of a good revealation opportunity. I am actually proud of BALH for letting it slip by.

Nuts had basically been unaware of how her mother has been manipulating Ram for so many years. And  Nuts is not completely psychotic, she actually listened to reason once. I actually disliked her less because just this once, she was controlled by someone else. It makes her see more real, and less of a person who just gets everything she wants.

And how sad is it that the best scene of the episode wasn't an RamPriya scene even though there was one in the episode? RamPriya writers...how about next week, there is less  angst and sadness and more fun and comic relief...

divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good post, haven't watched the episode yet but I feel i should not waste my time doing so.

And smile...of course next week is going to be good. The wedding is on 25th...so hopefully it will be dhol bajne laga...band baza barati...and Ramji will garland Priyaji...while making faces, especially when Prijayi puts it around his neck...am sure he will be thinking, phansi pe lataka diya mujhe meri step mummy nah.  I am sure he will wish Vikram carried a pair of scissor so that he can use to cut that noose around his neck.πŸ˜† Ok...sorry got carried away.

Stepmother is protecting her ghar ki izzat and also the tijori ki chabbi.  A friend who came from India told me that you can go and get an abortion for 100 rupees in India.  That after Navratri these docs are pretty busy doing these.  So why doesn't mommy secretly get one done.  See it doesn't matter about her wanting ghar jamai, because it is shown that Kartik has some backbone so her shipping off immature beti to sasural should make her nervous.  The only thing that is possible is that somehow Kartik is blackmailed into staying in Kapoor mansion too.

There has not been logicality to much of the scenes this week.  Like you said, why would two mature people stand in middle of road exchanging rings back.  And it does not make sense for Niharika to call Ram back to house...seriously is she going to say that his choti has done the deed or is she going to say choti has changed her mind?

Well whatever crap they give us to get this shadi back on the road it will be hard for us to digest anyway.  I have not watched Shor in the city yet, but Ekta is the woman whose company produced Once upon a time...a good entertaining product...so why not bring that quality to her shows?
Edited by divan - 12 years ago
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vasu well analysed points.
Yes Niharika showed her true colors and and made no bones about the fact that to achieve what she aimed for , she will spare no one whether her husband 20yrs her senior, step son or her biological children. In that sense she is not evil personified; but a sort of single minded person determined to have her way.

Nuts really not giving a damn about the pregnancy really shows how immature she is. BTW how come under a min she gets positive results; For all you know sometimes it may even be false positiveness!!
 But yes Niharika's bhasan really opened her eyes and ears and for once she realised how wrong she was about her thinking about her bro.Poor Ram!!

IsithaπŸ˜‘πŸ˜• .Am really wondering seriously why she is characterised like this. Always dressed as though shes in office and same sickening hair style and ever present at her maike. Help!!! . Someone please kick her out and show her hubby please!!

RP scenes was like ok. Not great one. Dunno how can this same type  accident happen at the same part of the road, concerning the same parties. Very cinematic.πŸ˜”

Am really sorry for Kartik.Now he will really be coecered to marry that brat. Reap the harvest of someone else's sows. How worse can his life can get?. Surely he deserves better!!
-Carrie- thumbnail
Awesome post as always Vasu.πŸ‘πŸΌ

I watched the episode stifling a yawn all through. This was not what was promised to us through those awesome promos. I love Ram & Priya. I honestly do.But what has happened to them in the past week?πŸ˜• Where is that beautiful soulful connection Priya felt with Ram during the rest room & the Rokka scenes? Ram too glimpsed the wonderful 'sarvagunn sampann" woman that Priya is.But they have become nothing more than petty nuisance to each other in the last few episodes.How heartbreakingly disappointing!πŸ˜”

For the life of me I'll never understand what Karthick loved in Nutzilla enough to want to  marry her. Her exploits are in the page 3 of all newspapers for the world to see according to own mother.What was Karthick thinking unleashing this little monster on his poor unsuspecting simple family? For all his "i-will-be-self-made' bravado does he secretly covet Natasha's power & success? Hard to believe since this is someone who has his values drummed in by a woman like Priya.He fell for her beauty? Excuse me but Nuts looks like she came off the assembly line according to the present day 'beauty' definition.He loved some core quality in her which made him fall hopelessly for her? Errr...what core quality? Then pray WHY?????

And now when everyone heaved a collective sigh of relief that this atrocity isn't going to happen poor Ram is preparing to knock on the Sharma door again with the proverbial hat in his hand.

Another aspect I hate TV serial creatives for is to show the lead man as a completely dumb & clueless ruthless all powerful business magnate!Surely Mr Kapoor cant have been that busy in his empire building that he didn't read about his own 'baby' in the newspapers all these years. Parents & siblings may choose to ignore such behaviour from the brats of the house but  they are definitely aware of such tendencies.Plus when you live with ppl who give a rat's ass about ur well being one usually can tell when ppl feign false warmth like everytime Nihaarika oozes out saccharine sweetness.Why is then Ram portrayed as such an ignorant fool that he can't see through his family's less than honourable conduct thru life?

I hope we are not taken on a typical BT crapfest ride after being promised the moon. Hoping for a better week.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Great points by you all..

Niharika showed her true color.   Yet again she manipulated RK in getting what she wanted done which is getting Prego Natz to marry Karthik..never let RK know abt Natz pregnancy.  How convinient.

No wonder Natz is mini Niharika and than some.
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
After y'days Epi i am here with following conclusions : -

1. Ishika is a waste in the Show. She is more so like an Sec to her Mom and nothing else.
2. Niharika is gonna be a typical saas really soon. The way she behaved y'day ... i might not be surprised if in future we have a track about the 3 kids not being Kapoor's in real but this female had forced it on Rams father. She can go to any extent for ruling that Kapoor Empire ..so who knows aur kitna sach chipaya hai
3. Natasha - I find some hopes that this girl MIGHT get good in future. She might mellow down to Ram n Priya. I am saying "MAY BE" or may be not too. But yday i did find some hope.
4. Ram n Priya - These 2 are busy playing with thier lives now. Got engaged for Family and now are breaking it off ...i mean WOW ... yaar koi seriousness hai ki nahii? Whats the difference between Nuts-Karthik and these 2 in all this Rishta nibhao and Rishta bachao andolan?
5. Shipra - I found her nyc y'day. She was right when she asked Priya to keep some patience. Thoda teher ke, sochke dekho, jaldbaazi kyun?πŸ€”

Anyways
All i wanna say is : - Ekta ... pls donot give this Show highend Drama. Niharika was srsly like this Zehreeli Nagin y'day. So much of negativity. And why shud Ram-Priya decide thier life n future decisions depending on Nuts-Karthik's decison? WHY ... why cant these 2 decide for thier lives and keep both the Stories different
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mahi623

As for her attitude with Nuts, she is reminding me of The OC's Julie Cooper who sacrificed a lot   to get to the top, and she's not going to let a crazy daughter ruin it all for her. That said, I don't get why she thinks that Priya would be the quiet bahu. Niharika has proved today she is very good with knowing people and what they want, she called Nuts tough girl bluff in a second, and has apparently manipulated Ram for years. @bold - very interesting, Mahi. Hadn't made the connect before now but now that I think of it...it does make sense. I was trying to find a Indian TV example to compare her to but fell short because I realised there is no example, at least not in recent years. She is neither overly maternal and loving, nor an out and out villain. Interesting to behold, and as you said, makes you want to watch her more. She does seem to have her eye on the ball, mostly, but in Priya's case God only knows why she is wearing blinders. Maybe she has such tunnel vision now that she can't or won't turn to the side to see exactly what she doesn't want to see. My sis was saying how, in a way, Niharika is actually doing Nuts a favour by insisting upon her marriage to Karthik, and that how, in the future, this might turn out to be Nuts' saviour. 

Little Things:

Vas, a lot of things about the pregnancy test were bothering me. Like how it took Nuts only a second to get the result, how Nuts brought it out of the bathroom and threw it at her mother, and of course, how exactly is ishika planning on conceiving a child if she is never with her husband? Also, how dense is Nuts not to know what changing colour(which I am guessing means the stick is blue) means? For someone who's had "50 boyfraaands", you'd think she would at least know how a pregnancy kit worked...?  Is she even old enough to have had 50 guys? Coz, ew. 

Nuts had basically been unaware of how her mother has been manipulating Ram for so many years. And  Nuts is not completely psychotic, she actually listened to reason once. I actually disliked her less because just this once, she was controlled by someone else. It makes her see more real, and less of a person who just gets everything she wants. I think Nuts was truly terrified at seeing this roop of her mother. For all her nuttiness, I don't think Nuts was ever evil, just spoilt. So seeing her mother's calculations against Ram in particular must have given her pause for thought. It seemed like she was truly concerned about Ram as well. 

And, it can't have done her ego any good to realise that there is an even bigger manipulator in the house than she is πŸ˜† mummy trumps daughter, every time πŸ˜‰

And how sad is it that the best scene of the episode wasn't an RamPriya scene even though there was one in the episode? RamPriya writers...how about next week, there is less  angst and sadness and more fun and comic relief...Ram & Priya are chasing their own tails and going around in circles. Engaged. Not Engaged. Engaged. Not Engaged. Engaged...etc ad nauseam. No wonder Ram is confused as to his current status! πŸ˜† Maybe he would do well to update his Facebook status once in a while :p

Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
Padma55 thumbnail
We analysed her role here but I would like to suggest giving her full marks as an actoress. Without much showing off or evil feelings she just passed the message with perfect impact.

Thank Ektamaa for not dragging...over there.
ram92 thumbnail
i was surprised when she told about her plans to nuts bcz mother was blackmailing her own kid and i was hoping that ram would hear all her conversation which didn't happen. And that pregnency test was qiute quick. I agree that how would ishika get pregenent if she is not with her husband all the timeπŸ˜† I doubt if its kartik kid as nuts has almost 50 boyfriends🀒