When I imagine Krishna I remember Nitish Bharadwaj

Posted: 12 years ago
https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/9838-when-i-imagine-krishna-i-remember-nitish-bharadwaj-vishal.htm

"When I imagine Krishna I remember Nitish Bharadwaj"- Vishal

Vishal Karwal talks about his new avatar in Imagine TV'sDwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna...

The lucky period of Vishal Karwal began the moment he stepped into the television industry with MTV Roadies. One after the other he did shows without a break.

After being a play boy in Splitzvilla, he was seen as the helpless Vinay in Colors' Bhagyavidhata and the loving and caring Abhay in Rishton Se Badi Pratha.

Today the dimple cheeked boy is back in the most unexpected avtar of Lord Krishna with Imagine'sDwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna. He could be called as the first Krishna with the most charming smile.

In a conversation, Vishal speaks about his previous works and his new role as Lord Krishna…

How did acting happen to you?
Actually I was training to become a pilot before I ventured myself into acting and I am certified with BE in Computer Science. Though not a pilot now I have trained myself in that and I do have a license as well. It's when I completed my course and the show Splitzvilla that I got the offer from Colors. Acting has always been there in my mind and when the opportunity knocked on the doors, I grabbed it as I like to try different things. And it really turned out to be well.

What according to you is the point which made you to take up the role of Krishna?
As I said earlier, I always like to try different things and the positive aura around me makes everything well when I try things. I feel that I have a peaceful face because I do everything with honesty and I think these are the reasons for which I took the role. Also I think my smile is an additional factor which makes me the perfect fit for the role.

Swapnil Joshi and Nitish Bharadwaj have already created their identity as Lord Krishna. How far you will try to make up your own identity of Krishna?
I don't think I can even compare or even touch the character of Krishna which they have created, but I will definitely try to create my own one. Another important thing is that in those days, there was no media interference with their personal life which made their characters more alive. But today people know how those characters are seen off-screen; therefore they don't feel that much connected to the role now.

Are there any other projects keeping you busy other than Dwarkadheesh?
Yes, there are a few Punjabi films in the pipeline for which I have to go to Canada for its next schedule. The film which I am doing is Appa Phir Milanga. But I won't speak about it much as I am right now concentrating on Dwarkadhish.

Who is your idol as an actor?
The actor that I consider my idol is Aamir Khan who has all the qualities in him. I too adore Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan for being in the industry for so long.

How much homework did you do for the role and the show?
I have seen a few CD's and films of Lord Krishna to understand the gestures and postures and dialogues. But frankly, no deep study has been done because right now I am concentrating on my look, my body language and the diction. But I will definitely read books on Lord Krishna once I get set with the routine. And I am sure not to have any problem as I have brilliant directors and writers who always guide me.

Who is your favorite on screen Krishna?
Nitish Bharadwaj, any time; because whenever I imagine Krishna, I remember him.

How do you choose the roles that come your way?
I personally feel that whenever you select a role, you should always remember that you represent and family and come from a circle of friends. A bad behavior always affects the family and the impression of people. Coming from a small town, my neighbours ask my dad about the work I do here. I still remember when I was doing Roadies, my dad used to always worry about the people around me and used to ask me what kind of girls I am along with. But when I said I am offered Dwarkadheesh he more than happy and satisfied.

What are the reactions coming from your family and friends after taking up Dwarkadheesh?
As I said my father is really very happy and my friends, as always, are very much content with my growth. I don't have many friends from this industry but have a lot out of this industry with whom I am in touch with regularly.

Earlier people used to consider the actors as the real lord and used to touch their feet. Are you expecting the same reaction from your fans?
No never. I would never like anybody to touch my feet just because I essay the role of Lord Krishna. In fact I would love if someone appreciates me for my work. But I don't think it will happen at this point of time when media is so powerful. Today people know how actors are off-screen and for that one reason I do not think people will behave like that.

Who is your offscreen Rukamini?
I am very much single but yes on the other hand I am very romantic as I am Scorpion by nature.

You have not done any reality shows after Roadies and Splitzvilla.
Today, none of the reality shows attract me. I have had offers from Bigg Boss 5, Comedy Circus and few others, but I do not want to be a part of the routine shows. But if show like Fear Factor approaches me, I would definitely like to take that up. The intensity to do something different made me so choosy about my projects. And by god's grace I have received such good projects to stage my talent.

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

do comment on the TB article

Thanks for the interview.😳
Nitish Bhardawaj was indeed the best onscreen Krishna Ji ever,... unbeatable!πŸ‘
But I am so disappointed with him being chosen as Krishna... so much that am not even a bit excited to see a mytho!
After seeing actors in specific roles... one tends to develop an image in one's minds...
And he is not mytho material...
It is always safer to use new, fresh faces... like Gurmeet, Debina...😳
because they do not have pre-defined impressions to break and are more acceptable.

Besides, a casting director needs to have the right eye and DEVOTION to be able to see a potential mytho character... whom people can worship as God!

Wonder what I wrote, not eggs please! Only tomatoes and rotten bananas! ( I am a veggie)πŸ˜†
Methinks both Gurmeet & Vishal would be shocked if people started worshipping them πŸ˜²πŸ˜†
Vishal had done two serials before. So he won't have the problem of worship. But at the same time a new face might have this problem.
^^^ I meant worshipped as a GOD, not worshipped as a star. πŸ˜† There's quite a bit of difference πŸ˜†
After seeing the first episode, I think Vishal is a better Krishna than Nitish.
I think this guy is doing pretty good. His facial expressions in particular suit Krishna's really well! Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 years ago
Mere achhe bachchon, we don't do comparisons

I've gotta say, though, I was pleasantly surprised by all the leads thus far. Everyone's dialogue delivery is very smooth and fluent. I particularly liked Balram's performance, he did the huffing and puffing bit without making it look goofy - I was actually able to take him seriously. But their storytelling needs major work, too abrupt and jumpy... more on that in the Dwarikadheesh forum though, when I get a chance!
Originally posted by lola610

Mere achhe bachchon, we don't do comparisons

I've gotta say, though, I was pleasantly surprised by all the leads thus far. Everyone's dialogue delivery is very smooth and fluent. I particularly liked Balram's performance, he did the huffing and puffing bit without making it look goofy - I was actually able to take him seriously. But their storytelling needs major work, too abrupt and jumpy... more on that in the Dwarikadheesh forum though, when I get a chance!

I liked Vishal a lot, especially when he was speaking to Kalyavan, but I did not like Kalyavan or Balram. Kalyavan did a lot of huffing and puffing, and Balram seemed too angry...I want to see him in a happy mood first before judging though, I suppose it did not help to introduce him as Kalyavan's attacking Mathura.πŸ˜†

The entire episode did seem too fast and abrupt though, they could afford to slow down a bit.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 years ago
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I liked Vishal a lot, especially when he was speaking to Kalyavan, and it was awesome to see Puneet again as Jarasandh, but I did not like Kalyavan or Balram. Kalyavan did a lot of huffing and puffing, and Balram seemed too angry...I want to see him in a happy mood first before judging though, I suppose it did not help to introduce him as Kalyavan's attacking Mathura.πŸ˜†

The entire episode did seem too fast and abrupt though, they could afford to slow down a bit.

But... they haven't introduced Puneet yet, have they πŸ˜• Just mentioned the character in a voiceover. That's where they could've slowed down. I mean... at least a montage while the explanation's going on? Who listens to narrators?! And apart from the writing being jumpy and vague, it was also erroneous - as you mentioned, Kalyavan attacked Mathura, not Dwarika 😳 I get that they wanted to start with some action and banging and crashing and they hadn't casted Jarasandh yet, nor did they want to repeat Kans Vadh... they could very well have introduced Kalyavan in the first epi and made Dwarika Nirmaan the focus of the first week, since it followed immediately after. That would give some background and get everyone used to the part of the narrative we're jumping in on. Hope they are more careful henceforth and do not bring other early stories into the picture, trying to fit all of Krishna's leelas into the Dwarika phase just to match the title of the show. Speaking of which, nice title song! But I hope to hear the dhun from the launch video again, that I really loved - brownie points to whoever guesses why πŸ˜›