27th June 2011 - WU!

aimin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello there, fellow Navyans! I am updating today's episode on behalf of JZee on her insistence (>_>) & I'm sorry this is taking so long but I will be here with the update all complete, before... midnight? ^^'' YT loves being all unbudging on me often, sadly, at the wrong time.

So, hang in there! :)

P.S. I've missed an episode or 2 so I apologise if I sound like I haven't watched them. Just a warning. ._.

(At the Bajpayee jailhouse)

Anant & Mohan sit on the bed side by side, dazed.

"You have to hurry up because there's not much time now... Just think that if not now, then never," says wisely Mohan. They both look at each other in all seriousness, Anant nodding resolutely after a moment of silence. "After all, your whole life depends on this... Remember that whatever you decide, I'm with you." A hint of a smile passes on Anant's face at these reassuring words just when there is a sharp & insistent knock on the door.

"Devar ji, open the door! It's me!" comes the sing-song voice of the dreaded Rama. *man, are we in for some drama now* The brothers share a look *looks like the feeling's mutual*, Anant getting up to answer only to be gently stopped by Mohan who opens the door himself.

Rama literally jumps into the room *with her ever eery grin; I swear that 'smile' could haunt little children's nightmares*, looking at both of them. Anant has his gaze fixed stubbornly, however, on the floor as if not wanting to meet eyes with her as she asks Mohan what caaanference had been going on inside closed doors. Mohan stammers, trying to come up with an answer *dude, speak up!! we all know you are capable of it ^^* but she brushes it off, ranting along oblivious to everything *as usual*. She goes & strokes Anant's head, feigning concern over his health, reprimanding her husband in the meantime for putting too much pressure on Anant to which Mohan once again tries to stretch the truth *just that teensy little bit?* by telling her that he was just asking Anant how he was. Rama unfortunately doesn't buy this, for the doors had been very definitely cilojed for a reason! *why do vamps have to be so smart again?*

"With God's grace, my devar ji is completely fine. No need to inquire about his health-shealth *no, she said that in Hindi for once >_>*. Just talk about the engagement now!" Rama then turns her unwanted attention to Anant. "Devar ji, come with me please! I have something to show you!
"

Mohan sensibly stops Rama in mid-track, telling her to let Anant be as he had come out from a high fever just then. Rama refuses to budge though taking him with her by force, insisting that it's a time to enjoy as these days don't come again in life. "Do you need an invitation as well??" asks Rama to Mohan who is dragged along with them.

Downstairs, Shagun is being draped in bright dupattas by a tailor who is simpering over them & how beautiful the colours look on her. She is unconvinced, sharply *as sharply as possible for her, anyway* telling him that he doesn't know her, the one who had ruined numerous tailors back in Banaras *sure don't doubt that you would have driven them into insanity*. The poor tailor tries to pacify her & is saved when Shitster senior graces the place with her *unwanted* presence & announcements of a happy surprise. Shagun's attitude abruptly changes as she speaks to the tailor, this time politely.

Rama then proceeds on lying about how her innocent Shagun had been grieving all this time, forgetting even how to smile & speak, literally dancing with joy upon finding out about his recovery. Shagun smiles stupidly, occasionally stealing a glance at Anant as Rama shoves a yellow suit at Anant & a red one at Shagun, pushing them closer. She observes them standing next to each other with awkward looks on their faces *which she obviously doesn't notice*, exclaiming her joy at how good they look.
*gag me already*

Anant & Mohan remain silent at this all the while, Anant finally making a movement at the end of Rama's monologue, putting down his suit to somber looks from everyone around. Rama badgers him over this, asking him whether he didn't like it, all ready to give another one of her lectures when he is thankfully sent scooting back to his room by a tactful Mohan who also leaves quickly soon after.

Shagun sadly wonders if Anant will be well enough for the engagement as he could barely stand at that moment. *miss, you are missing something HUGE here*

Rama is not in the mood for Shagun's pathetic thoughts either, however. "Shut up, bilack tongue. Name's Shagun but all you speak of is about the inauspicious."

*& amen to that*

(On the college campus)

Ritz takes out the invitation from an envelope, reading it out loud. "Anant Bajpayee and---"

"Navya", cuts Appy stoutly. Ritz admits that she wishes that was the case as well, she & Ranbir looking equally glum.

Just then, to their embarrassment, the trio notices that Navya is present; Ritz makes an attempt to cover up what they had been discussing to which Navya, a tad bit consolingly *how ironic!*, says that they don't have to hide it from her. She then reticently sets herself down on the bench behind her leaving her friends confused as to do what they should do next to make her feel better.

Appy looks at Ranbir & RItz in these thoughts & determinedly snatches the invitation from one. handing it to the other. She then perches delicately on the corner of the bench, chirping happily to Navya as if nothing had happened, "By the way, I'm inviting you both as well!" adding, "To the pyjama party. :) You, me & Ritz!" to Ritz' baffled expression. Navya tries to smile, perhaps, but fails even after Ritz, pumped up with Appy's attempts to cheer her up, assures her that they will have  fun all night long, that too at her house.

"But you have to go to Anant's engagement... He would feel bad otherwise. & what if none of his friends were with him...?"

Navya's musings bring them back crashing to ground zero, but Appy ever-so loyal, flat-out refuses to go to the engagement, telling Ranbir to go if he likes on a side note. She promises that she & Ritz will not leave Navya & disappear wherever! *3 words: Appy Has Spunk!*

*Unfortunately, not even a hiccup from Ranbir.*

(Back at Anant's room)

Anant splashes water on his face & stands up to face his reflection in the mirror, staring back at it long and hard. He exits to his room where Mohan is waiting to hear his decision. Mohan tells him that whatever is to be done, should be done that day itself. Anant turns away slightly, confessing to being confused as to what he should say & who to speak with, his father or grandfather.
*NOT THE GRANDFATHER, DU-UH!
😳*

"I think you should talk to Baba. *un-be-lie-vable...* Just spill out everything that's on your mind. Look, he loves you a lot. This is your one chance... & please, don't say anything to Papa or all our work will get spoiled." Anant is slightly shocked with Mohan's words but nods nevertheless. "Try to meet Baba alone," leaves Mohan in a rush with these words, looking back to see that Anant was still frozen, lost in thought.

"What happened now?", asks Mohan.

"Before I do anything, I want to talk to Navya just once. She must be really worried... I have to give her some solace."

(In the class)

"Whenever we have to talk about famous Indian women, we should never..." fades out the monotonous lecturer's voice for Navya, distress screaming out from her very stance. Her phone is ringing again & yet again with Anant's call. She is unaware of this, though, & glances at the bare seat next to Appy forlornly.

With no answer from Navya's side, Anant rings up Ranbir & tells him that he wants to speak with Navya & at that very moment at that. Despite being almost caught by the professor, Ranbir, willing to help out his desperate friend, lets his phone be quietly passed around to its far destination.

Upon getting the phone, Navya is shocked to see Anant's name on it but manages a quiet hello to him. He makes it clear that he's going to do all the talking still. *
☺️*

"Navya, I know you're in class & that you can't say anything right now but just listen to me... I can't go along with this engagement. I'm going to speak to my family today itself to break it. I don't know how it's going to happen... All I know is that I'm in love with you... I love you." 

Navya has her mouth opening & closing like a goldfish, her eyes widened with shock, all the more troubled now.
Anant, unaware of this, tells her not to worry, hanging up but not before stamping their conversation with the treasured 3 words once again.

*Attaboy! Adamant Anant has managed to awaken the dormant phangirlyness for him in me somehow & I'm not saying this for the repeated ILYs. Somewhere along the line, he found his courage & is being a man!*

(In the lair of the lion a.k.a CSB / Guru Bajpayee)

The deadly duo, Baba & Papa, are immersed in their conversation & work when Mohan politely interrupts them about the catering service & what to decide for the menu. *for the lack of a better excuse?? :s* Papa is highly annoyed with this &
in his brusque tone tells him to let the women of the house take care of such matters. Mohan again comes up with a feeble excuse but before he could get thoroughly rebuked by Papa, Baba tells him, accomodatingly *!!!* to leave with Mohan. Hot & bothered Papa is ushered off to meet the caterer in the hall, Mohan looking suggestively at Anant who is waiting apprehensively on the staircase.

With Mohan's much-awaited green light, Anant hurries off to the Guru's den without a moment of hesitation while Papa is kept occupied with the caterer's unnecessary talks. On this side, Baba is genuinely concerned *don't be surprised, I'm just trying to be unbiased about this >_>* & shows his affection for his grandson, telling him to rest.
He turns away with this to drink a glass of water when Anant notices that the meeting in the hallway was coming to an end.

Despite him taking a firm stand early on, Anant starts to falter in front of his grandfather. He stutters, unable to express what he's feeling & Baba immediately */uncannily* senses that Anant is trying to speak of forbidden things. He states that, an issue which takes so much trouble on our part for us to pave the way between the mind & the tongue must have something wrong in it; that there need not be any hesitation to speak the truth.

"No Baba, it's nothing like that. I just---" Anant tries to explain himself once more but catches his father, who was done with his meeting, standing by the door extremely interested on what his son has to say. Even though Anant wants to continue his tale *that never started to begin with*
, Mohan shakes his head, the gesture nearly caught by their father.

Seeing the need to escape, Mohan makes up an excuse *once more* claiming that Anant had wished to go to college, a wish
that neither of the men want to comply with. Anant is dragged away by Mohan as the deadly duo start sniffing at the rattiness of all of it.

Anant is exasperated for not being let to converse with Baba even though Mohan tries to make him see reason. Just then, their father comes back.

"I want to speak with both of you. Right now."

PRECAP: Anant's father is questioning his sons over why they want the engagement to get posponed. Before Anant could respond, his phone starts ringing & he panics after seeing the name of the caller.

My notes (more like, more notes):

- 1st of all, Jaz, I'm glad you're so persuasive. *completely unrelated to the episode, sorry guys*

Okay, now I can freely rant on the things I liked & hated.

- Can't believe I'm saying this, but the Shitster scenes were possibly more entertaining than the Baba-Papa *tehe, anyone watched that cartoon? >_>* ones.
- I love Mohan to death but I couldn't believe some of the things he said  today. The thing with the caterer and all. CVs, what are you doing to him?!
- I'm in 2 minds about whether Anant should talk to Baba or Papa. What's your say on this?
- Like Anu said, drag drag drag. I'm pretty sure that my lack of enthusiasm must have been shining through & through at the end of the update. (We all can't be as resilient & at our witty best as you are, Jaz. :P)
- Anant faltered a little, but he is still determined, good to know!
- TOTALLY agreeing with JZee & Anu here, Navya was the weak link once again. The I Love You was so poignant.
On Anant's half.
Wish Soumya had injected a little delighted surprise into her expression & mixed it with her terror/doubt/worries & whatever else that was bugging her at that moment. That would have been just perfect. & wishful thinking as well.
- The college scene was fun. I had a problem with Ranbir being used as wallpaper but later on figured that his function was being the messenger there. & you do not shoot the messenger for whatever reason. Seriously though, I'm surprised he even stood there while the girls talked about having the pj party. LOL.

- LOVE the new Anant. 'Nuff said.

P.S. Jaz, again, you're awesome. :)
Edited by aimin - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Pushing UP - to bring to notice that Aimin is updating today - wohoo mate!!! I'll be up to read - whenever! (:

xx
JZee
aimin thumbnail
Jaz! 🤗 You have no idea how reassuring it is to see your comment! Thank you!! *hugs*

*runs off to finish the update*
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
🤣

Dayum you Amm! (that rhymes 😆) I don't think I'm even going to bother watching the episode after this! You make the shitsters sound funnier than Chaplin - and I was ROFLing all through the update! 

And can I say, even though they did continue the Anant-Mohan scene - I'm still disappointed with how vague the chat was. No outline, no guideline! These are the rare sensible characters of the show - I'd honestly want better dialog at least in their space, sigh! 

Waiting for next installment - to edit my remaining comment here. 

BTW - once you're done, come come come to Gulaal Forum! 

*edit*

Shaheer sounds like he's aced another episode - however Soumya being the fish again is  bummer! As for Ranbir, give the guy a hug from me - these two have taken it upon themselves to get him into a fix this way or that - what with Navya's demands to visit Anant's home, and Anant's demands to talk to Navya in class... on that note - awww! He told her she can just listen - the delight of winning back out boy in action redeems a lot of crap for me - or maybe your WU is just ⭐️
Edited by JZephyr - 12 years ago
razor12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you Aimin -
Me too waiting for the complete update.
sohn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wowie!  Loved the update, and for once Im reading the update After I've watched the episode ahem...but still you tend to notice the nitty gritties which you've missed whilst watching it. Nice work I say! Will read along...keep it coming 😃
Yazzy91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you soo much for the written update!! Very mug appreciated! 😃
AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks for the update, Aimin!

I just finished watching the epi...again a very slow and repetitive epi...the Anant-Mohan scenes were so dragged out with nothing worthwhile coming of their convos other than Mohan reiterating that Anant needs to do something today itself...yeah we GET IT, Mohan🤔😆

No comments on Rama and co...forwarded those bits...lol

I really like Appy's funky clothes...I always notice her whacky patterns waali harem pants or whatever kind of pants those are that she's wearing😆

Soumya was ok in that scene with the friends...her TONE wasn't fake mopey so I could deal with it.

Anant's phone call to Navya...although the most unrealistic thing possible ki in this small sa classroom, ppl are easily talking on the phone and the prof doesn't notice...but whatever...lol...it was the nicest scene in the epi...Shaheer once again nailed it and Anant's determination came through...each "i love you" was enacted in a genuine and heartfelt manner...ofcourse Soumya on the other end never fails with her "shocked" reactions...lol...I don't know if this is my imagination but the way Navya's eyebrows moved a bit higher in time to each "I love you" of Anant's was hilariousss😆...

Rest was nonsense...again dragged out and Anant ki bolti band in front of CSB *yawns*
shenzz thumbnail
brilliant update! thnx 😊 my favorite part of the episode was obviously the repeated i love you's from our romeo anant..just loved it! and shaheer's acting was superb as always..with the right tone of voice and emotions
Thaniyah_K thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you Aimin for the lovely update!!!