Lizzy's Promo OSs...Pg. 4 New OS updated.

Elizabeth Darcy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys, this is my first OS here...and I thought I'd share it with the forum ðŸ˜Š I was actually thinking of ways to connect the scenes of the first few promos  we saw, to the storyline of TL as we know it now.

This first one is based on a scene from one of the first promos of TL...where TaAnu are on a ferry,  with Onu lying on Taani's lap. The idea for this had emerged while listening to Taani singing Na Mono Lage Na during her reception and Ananya's sagaai. The original lyrics compare the lovers to boats that are not destined to cross each other's paths, which I thought would fit Onu's frame of mind during the Subodh Taani track. 

I'd like to believe this OS occurs the day after Taani and Onu had danced to Baahon Ke Darmiyaan.

Hope you guys will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
-- 

Edited to Add: This is a list of  the OSs I've done on the promos so far, I'll keep updating this list as and when I post a new OS...
1. Smooth Sailing...Not! - The Boat OS.
2. Like This - The Dargah OS.
3. Summer Rain - The Tram OS.
4. Operation Ruthna-Manaana - The Rickshaw OS.
5. Mehsoos - The Collegemate, Boatman and Pujaran OS.

--

Na...mono lage na...

E jiboni kichu jenu bhalo  lage na...

A dance in the rain. The feel of her soft, moist hair, lashing against his cheek. A shared umbrella in another man's arms.

A matter of minutes. That was all it took to make Anurag Ganguly's universe crash down all over him.

Till now, staying at Taani's had been all about finding himself. About building an identity he could claim for his own, an identity that would prove to Taani that her faith in him had never been misplaced.

But now... certainty started flying out of the window, and with it so had everything he'd once believed about himself.

E jiboni kichu jenu bhalo lage na...I have no desire for this life, anymore...

It had been about finding a home ' his home...a home that had eluded him the moment he'd left Taani behind at the waterfall.

He smiled at that memory. Somehow, wherever he heard the sound of water gushing, memories of Taani would never be far behind. She had that sinuous, fluid grace about her, that unpredicatability: gambolling playfully one minute, flowing peacefully the next.

He was right to have brought her here.             

"This?" Taani's voice was raised in disbelief, "You took a half-day from work for this?"

Her eyes were soaking in the sight before her: the Hoogly river rising and dipping in a whisper, its waters mirroring the blushing hue of the sky. The lattices of Howrah bridge looming above ferries that carried lovers to the other side.

Onu shifted his weight from one leg to another, not wanting to look her straight in the eye.

"I wanted us to do something different today...if you don't feel like it we can always '"

"Chal Hatt!" Taani shot back, sounding so much like her childhood self, "we haven't been on a ferry since '"

"Since you were nine and I was ten and I actually had a shape that wasn't round. I know." He grinned. That had been fun. Sometimes they'd lean over and draw patterns on water, marvelling at the ripples their fingers caused. Sometimes they'd point to a fish lurking beneath the surface...and sometimes, just sometimes, they would just lie on that snake-shaped nouka...

Sometimes it would be like this, one head on another's lap ' Onu's hand checking Taani's head for a fever the moment she complained of a headache, or Taani's finger tapping against his forehead, just to irritate him a little. Sometimes on her lap they would gaze at the blue sky beyond... two dreamers and a vast, endless world unfurling before their eyes.

They sat together now as well: the same people, the same ferry ' only the dreams they'd once dreamed were now just fragments scattered beneath their feet.

"Onu?" She was bending now, a frown marring her forehead. Her hair fell over her right shoulder, a silky black waterfall that stopped and pooled over his skin.

"You're being very quiet."

"And your hair is tickling my nose!"

He could tell how eagerly she wanted to retort to that, he could see it in the way she bit the side of her lip to stop herself from laughing ("Mere baal tere khamoshi se kya lena dena?").

"Not  that I'm complaining," he said, "I've always liked your  hair..."

"And I've always liked yours," she replied, blushing, "minus that awful hairgel!"

They laughed together, and spoke about everything except the present. The present was too fraught with fear, too laced with uncertainty. At least his present was.

The present was like this nouka...it would follow its own star, chart its own path over the river, allow you to see so much, yet float away before you could hope to touch what you saw.

The present was like the song she was singing now...it brought with it memories of past love. She had once told him how behind the sweetness of the song lay turmoil and confusion, how truly painful loving someone and not knowing you loved them felt.

No...I cannot set my mind, she sang, My life has no meaning for me anymore...

The present was forever changing, one second to another. Yet there were still some things about it that would never change. There would always be a sky above them, the river would always flow, and Taani would always hold his hand...

Na...mono lage na...

...or maybe not.

"Onu, talk to me," Taani whispered, breaking his silence, "No matter what happens to us, you'll always have me. I don't have to tell you that."

He obeyed. He talked. About his plans, about how he planned to spend the next few weeks. About the dreams he was only beginning to rebuild. Dreams that he had hoped with include her, in a different way than what she'd wanted.

Her hand moved towards his hair, in a benediction...or a blessing.  Or maybe, just a plain, simple, unconditional  gesture of comfort.

He talked till the sky was pink no more, till his head felt warm against her legs, till the wind blew strands of her hair in different directions, till his voice had gone rusty from too much talking, till his hands could no more draw patterns across the open air that breathed against their skin.

Taani said nothing.

Onu felt something loosening within him, something that had yearned to be set free.

For a few blissful hours, it was as if Subodh had never existed.

--

One touch...that would be all. His hand cupping her cheek. Her hair, falling like rain on his face. Her eyes like black ink, twin seals to both their fates..now shut as she let her song carry her to a place even he couldn't reach.

One touch, to convince himself that she was still there. That she wouldn't disappear.

E nodir dui kinare dui taroni...

Jatoi na baai nangor baandhaa...kaachche je te tai parini...

He could touch Taani now, but the day would come when she would no longer be his.

Taani, in an orange-peach salwar that made her look brighter and fresher than she already was, her head leaning to one side, her hand resting on the ferry...her smile so heartbreakingly familiar, because it was once a smile only he could have brought out from her. Her husky, haunting voice, singing a song that he had once thought was meant for him.

On both banks of the river I saw two boats,

I tried to anchor both of them

But could never reach your side...

There was a time when they were on the same side. When crossing the river wasn't even an option.

That time had been lost eight years ago, and it was he who had squandered that chance.

He had no right anymore. His eyes had no right to wish for the sight of her every morning, his feet had no right to walk in her direction, his hand had no right to trace the length of her hair.

His heart had no right to break the moment she'd choose another man. But it would, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

He had no right to that ginger-hued glow. Not when his world was nothing but black, black, black.

Taani smiled at him, a warm friendly open smile, and for the first time in weeks he could not bear to return it.

She was beginning to turn away now: they had reached there destination and their charmed hour was up. It was enough to tear him apart. 

He grabbed her hand and pulled him to her. He could feel the heat from their bodies through those layers of clothing, could feel the ice chip that was once his heart melting. She didn't speak, just waiting, her liquid eyes round and filled with questions.

"Don't go yet," he said, his tone of voice almost verging on begging, "Please."

"I won't,"  she answered, "Not unless you want me to."

His newfound heart sank to  the bottom of his feet. If  you want me to...what did she want?

Na...mono lage na...

Behind them, the sky blazed orange.

Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7045177/Na-Mono-Lage-NaNa-Jiya-Lage-Natextlyrics -  This link should help  with the song.

Nouka, if I'm not wrong, is Bengali for 'boat'.
Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice OS Yaar d descriptn is superb loved itEdited by Pratamesh - 12 years ago
-GoldMist- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome OS. You have defined each thing very beautifully. Continue writing such OSs.
Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Aww Amazing yaar .. U have Defined Each and Everything Nicely .. Love it yaar ... ðŸ¤—
SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
hey Elizabeth

how r u? whr hv u been, ever since TL ended or evn bfr tht we hv nt seen u around much, hope you doing good

As for OS, am so glad that you finally come up with something, I have always used to think that you can write great parts with your capability of understanding the thigs and finally seeing this I think I was so right, it was gorgeous, you gave that  1 sec shot a new meaning or rather a meaning whch cvs wantd to gve once, I loved it so much

hope to see part 2 soon 

Ashlesha
Thanks Pratamesh, Vartika, Ridzi and Silky...Pratamesh and SilkyL: waiting for your comments! ðŸ˜Š

Ash! Great to see you again after so long...I know I've not been here for quite a while, mostly because of coursework for college...wasn't able to come  here very often but I'd been lurking! Glad to know you liked it ðŸ˜ƒ Might do something on the dargah this weekend!

Edited to add: Slight change in the ending, because I remember the promo showing Onu stopping Taani from turning away on a boat too!
Daffodilee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome os lizzy 🤗
so happy to see you back
do write more plz
The second in my Promo  OS collection. I call this one, Like This, which is also a reference to the ghazal I used in this poem, by Mowlana Jalaluddin Rumi. This is the scene at the dargah which was part of the first few promos that were aired before TL came on TV. One thing I really loved about the show was the Sufi element in it, and this OS is a tribute to the way TL made that aspect of love so much a part of the show...

I used parts of a poem here, that you'll find on this link: http://www.khamush.com/love_poems.html#IfAnyoneAsksYou. I'd imagine that this scene occurs after TaAnu have puchka at the stall...the 'there are things we do with girlfriends, and things we do with wives" scene! ðŸ˜ƒ Maybe a day or two after that.

The Shams at the end of the poem referred to the poet's mentor and guide, a man Rumi had respected deeply.

--

If anyone asks you
how the perfect satisfaction
of all our desire
will look, lift your face
and say,

Like this.

The dargah was a vibrant splash of green and gold and pink, set against the white of its surroundings. The gulmohars rustled in the breeze, almost as if in acceptance of the prayers that floated and fluttered in the open air. Onu could close his eyes and smell their fragrance, and her distinctive jasmine scent too...the one that would sometimes wake him up before she could even enter his room.

Taani's head was lowered in reverence, her eyes shut, her face glowing as only a woman so immersed in love would. Her prayers, he knew, would revolve around him, around her desire for him to have a long life ' after all, wasn't it her desire to see him live that goaded her to marry a man they hated, and wasn't it the fact that he would become a living corpse that stopped her? There were times in the past he had doubted that anyone could love with such strength. There were times he wondered how she could have lived with such a love ' a love that threatened to consume her completely. How had it escaped him that the same love burned within him, all those years?

What love was this, that knew her ways of loving more intimately than his own?

--

If anyone wants to know what "spirit" is,
or what "God's fragrance" means,
lean your head toward him or her.
Keep your face there close.

Like this.

To pray for Onu was to pray for herself. To love Onu was to love every pore in her body, every single atom and molecule that had made her who she was. To love the world was to love him: he was her world.

To release Onu from prison, only to imprison them both to a life worse than death ' was to throw away who they were and what their lives were meant for.

Huu...a breeze whispered in her ear, blowing a strand of hair so that it would nestle for a precious moment across her face. It was sweetly scented, like the roshogollahs that Onu had had in the morning.

She smiled.

--

When someone asks what it means
to "die for love," point
here.

She was smiling. Was it in relief of the mess they had just about managed to save themselves from?

Zindagii gawah kar bhi joh zindagii milay...the words of his mother's song ' and Taani's ' rang in his ears till they were all he could remember.

The night he'd entered bleeding into the Kali Mandir, was the night he had realised that dying for love wasn't about jumping into a waterfall because you couldn't bear to be apart. It was living when you knew that another moment of life would be torture, as long as you let your beloved make her own choices. Standing there, watching Taani get married to the man who killed his sister,  watching her ghatbandhan take place, was the hardest thing he had ever done in his life. It took willpower to fight, yes, but it took every ounce of strength he possessed to let her make that choice.

To die for love was to live with the consequences of leaving your heart, bruised and bleeding, in your beloved's hands. To trust them to take care of it because you simply couldn't do that on your own.

He took the edge of her pink dupatta in his hands  and walked to the other side of her, smiling. This was their ghatbandhan, an awoval of the fact that in his eyes, they would always be married, they would always be one.

He held the dupatta to his heart. They had lived for love, and they always would.

--

The soul sometimes leaves the body, then returns.
When someone doesn't believe that,
walk back into my house. Like this.

Like this. That was how she loved him: like this, two simple words that could describe so many things...yet their meaning could only be felt...mehsoos. It was why they didn't need words. You felt it deep within you, it was as much  a part of you as your bones, it stayed with you long after you had left the world.

Like this. Onu was the man she loved, in whatever form and whatever way. In his anger and his confusion. In his unwillingness to love himself, in his willingness to believe that she was worth better. In his rock-hard exterior that hid the vulnerable child within: the child he would let her alone, see.

Like this.  In this lifetime and all the lifetimes that came after. In this world and the next. Iss duniyaa mein jaan gawaah, tujhe uss duniyaa mein haasil kar loon...

Outside, a woman whirled to music that didn't exist to the world around her. Thup, her feet hit the ground, and then she whirled...to an orbit of her own making. Her love was the song, her heartbeat the rhythm to which she danced. Just as she herself danced to the tune of her heartbeat whenever she had danced with Onu.

If I lose you in this world, Onu, I will always hope to find you in the next...that world where only our souls will reside.

--

When Shams comes back from Tabriz,
he'll put just his head around the edge
of the door to surprise us

Like this.

At last the setting sun cast its shadow on their faces. It felt somehow as if time flew on gilded wings in this place. As if the time that existed in the world outside stood still at this shrine.

In  this place they had no name, no status, nothing to offer except their innocent, unknowing selves. He was not Anurag Ganguly, she was not Taani Banerjee. They were not their parents' children, beloved siblings, best friends.

They were themselves, at once stripped of all they had thought they were, and bound together by the love they shared.

They would return to each others' houses, popping their heads at the edge of the door as they did since they were children.

Before they returned, Taani had asked him a question, a slight playful smile on her lips.

There are some things you will do with your girlfriend ' like eat puchkas ' and some things you will do with your wife. Who was I when we prayed today?

He didn't know then, that years later she would visit all the places that had seen together, wearing black - the colour he had once liked - hoping to catch a glimpse of him. Neither of them knew how this memory would appear before her eyes, bright and clear, as if it were really happening. As if  it was happening now.

All he knew now was the answer to her question.

She was there, kept safe in his heart. She was everywhere, and nowhere. She existed ' lived ' beyond the world they lived in. She couldn't be defined, and nor could he. You never needed to define someone to love them.

Who are you? He answered, grinning back, You just are.

--

Thanks re Annu...Hope you enjoy the latest...I just posted it! ðŸ˜ƒ