Written Update May 30, 2011

Nach_Baliye thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Kesar asks Talli what she is doing there, and who is with her. Her friend tells him that she is Talli's friend and they just arrived, they have exams and Talli is a little weak in the course, they came there to see if Kesar could teach Talli. Kesar asks her to come with her books and he will teach her. Both friends leave.

Kesar flashbacks to his words to Gulaal about her being his problem. He goes to Gulaal's parents' home, telling Gulaal's mother that he was passing by and thought that he would take Gulaal with him. Her mother tells him that Gulaal has gone to the market with Reva. Kesar says he will wait for them. Gulaal's mother has a surprised expression but then agrees happily and says that she will bring him something to eat. (Aww Kesar misses Gulaal and cannot live a minute without her, how sweet is that. He is such a kid though, going to pick Gulaal up within a few hours).

Talli's friend is pacing around. Talli asks her what happened. She tells Talli that what they suspected is true, the way Kesar was taking care of the letters indicates that the letters were for someone special, Talli agrees and says how will they find out who the letters are for. Her friend asks her if Kesar told her something out of the way. She tells her friend that Kesar called her "Dabloo", her friend tells her that she doesn't know what that means, and both look worried.

Its 5pm and Kesar has been waiting for 3 hours. Gulaal's mother says that she doesn't know where both are, she told them not to take too long. She tells Kesar that he has not eaten anything, he says he is not hungry. Her mother goes to tell Kesar something and suddenly Gulaal's father comes calling for her. He asks Kesar what he is doing there, Gulaal's mother tells him annoyed that he has been waiting for Gulaal for a long time. The father happily gives Kesar sweets because the village has declared its Head, and tells Kesar that his brother won. Kesar is happy thinking Raman won, but his smile fades when the father says Dushyant won by a wide margin. Kesar puts the sweet back in the box and leaves the two of them surprised. (I thought it was interesting that when Gulaal's father said "your brother won" Kesar only thought of Raman, clearly he does not even think of Dushyant as his brother after learning about Vasant's killing).

Raman expresses anger to Durgesh, Durgesh is happy, and tells Raman that he will have to reply to the loss, and he has just the plan. Durgesh tells him that he has something that will destroy the family and bring a lot of shame on Dushyant.

Dushyant takes Mota Bha's blessings, Mota Bha is happy and wishes him luck and success. Jamna is upset, Dushyant tells her that he knows she is upset with him, but his work cannot go on without her blessings, she smiles and blesses him through her tears. (Its a touching moment, Jamna is such a good actress that despite her mean streak she cares deeply about her children). She says her blessings are always with her sons, and asks if he will meet Raman before leaving since he is his older brother and will feel good, she asks about Raman's whereabouts. Her husband says that Raman left with Durgesh and did not even stop to congratulate Dushyant. Dushyant feels upset.

Kesar comes downstairs and everyone looks on not sure what he will do next since his support was with Raman. Kesar stands before Dushyant, the latter looks at him, both their eyes meet. Dushyant has a victorious look on his face. Kesar hugs Dushyant tightly and tells him that his win proved Kesar wrong, everyone smiles, Dushyant tells Kesar that he is happy to see him happy at his success and hugs him. Kesar has a lot of anger in his eyes. Kesar tells him that seeing Kesar happy is in a way his win as well, and who doesn't like to win, today Dushyant proved not only him but his coin wrong. Mota Bha smiles. Kesar hugs Dushyant and tells him that till today he thought that his coin always supports truth, he doesn't understand whether the person his coin supported is correct or his coin (I did not understand this last part completely, but it clearly indicates to Dushyant that Kesar has not changed his stance against him). Dushyant's smile fades hearing Kesar's words, Kesar's words are just for Dushyant's ears and the rest of the family is standing away and cannot hear this. Kesar stops hugging and both he and Dushyant look at each other. Mota Bha tells Kesar it would have been so nice had Kesar realized it before, at least he realized his mistake now, along with the factory work Kesar should help Dushyant and learn under him the village work. Kesar doesn't like this. Mota Bha tells Kesar that he should always remember that he has the same expectations from Kesar that he did from Vasant, so he should think a lot before every step he takes. Kesar feels upset on hearing Vasant's name and leaves. (I understand where he is coming from - Dushyant killed Vasant and is being treated like a great guy by the family while Kesar is the bad guy, and he doesn't know what Dushyant and Gulaal's relationship is).

Gulaal and Reva match dresses with jewelry. Gulaal's mother brings a beautiful dress for her, Reva praises it. Gulaal tells her to give it when she leaves, not today, and expresses that the clothing is very heavy and there is no occasion. Her mother tells her that the next day is var-savitri (not sure what this is, but clearly something to do with husbands, something like kadva chauth). Gulaal is shocked and says but, her mother interrupts saying that everyone is going to fast, including her and Reva, and they are going to go to pray. Her mother tells Gulaal to go to her in-laws' place today since they will have to prepare for the festival. Gulaal says no, she will stay there itself tonight, and she will not fast. Her mother doesn't like it and asks Reva to take care of something in the kitchen, Reva leaves. Her mother sits angrily and tells Gulaal that enough is enough, she needs to stop denying the truth, she doesn't like that Gulaal has left her in-laws' place and is staying there, this is no way, Kesar spent the entire evening waiting for her and she did not even call him on returning home, it must have upset Kesar, what will everyone in the family think. Gulaal says that she told everyone at home that she has come here for 2-3 days. Her mother says that she wanted to meet them and has met them, what is the point of staying there for more days. Gulaal feels bad that her mother is asking her to leave, her mother tells her that if that is what Gulaal thinks then so be it, but she should return home especially if her husband came to take her back. Gulaal gets exasperated and asks why she continues to go on about the same point, she told her mother that she doesn't want to talk about this, and gets up to leave. Her mother angrily tells her that by changing the topic the situation will not change, by staying in denial the truth will not change, and she will not get scared of Gulaal's anger and be quiet because what is the truth is the truth regardless.

Her mother calmly tells her that the next day is var-savitri, how can Gulaal even think of staying away from her husband and in-laws, she knows the importance of the rituals. Gulaal tells her that she knows the importance, but she cannot keep this fast. Her mother responds that she needs to understand that she cannot change or modify customs and rituals that have been going on for generations to suit her desires. She made the decision to do deeyarvattu, and this fast is for the same relationship that she herself made, and she cannot deny it. Gulaal has tears in her eyes and insists that she cannot do it, her mother tells her that she will have to do it, if not for herself or someone else, then for Kesar and his well-being/protection. Her mother hands her the heavy clothing that she bought and gives it to Gulaal telling her to wear it the next day. Gulaal glares at her mother through her tears. Her mother tells her to pack, she will tell Yogesh to drop her off. (Gulaal needs someone to give her a reality check, her mother is not enough, Mota Bha is the one she listens to and respects, he needs to take action and put sense into her head. I hope Gulaal doesn't take her anger out on Kesar now. I am a little irritated by her behavior, it has been going on for so long now. She is ruining so many lives in the process of getting what she thinks is right). Gulaal has a disturbed expression, as if thinking how can she even think of Kesar in that manner, just the thought is a sin. (I also don't understand why she doesn't bring it in the open that she wants Kesar and Talli to get married. If she doesn't want to perform rituals as Kesar's wife, then why is she delaying Kesar and Talli's marriage? What is she waiting for? If that is the stand she has taken, then she should just go ahead with it instead of pushing Kesar to like Talli or keeping both of them hanging in their own way. She has done nothing to make Kesar like Talli. She keeps thrusting Talli on Kesar and encourages Talli, but she has never said anything good about Talli to Kesar to make him like her or see her in a different light. I am beginning to see Gulaal in a different light - she likes to be a martyr, but is so misguided in her thinking).

Precap: Paan Baa asks Jamna what is it that she wants to say in front of everyone. Jamna says that they want to listen to it clearly, so be it, she was quiet all these years but no more, it is time to discuss that Kesar and Gulaal need to start their family life. Gulaal arrives there and hears this, and is shocked and angry. Jamna says that Kesar and Gulaal are husband-wife, and they will need to start their life together from now itself. Everyone sees Gulaal hearing this. (I am glad that everyone is hitting Gulaal on the head with it, forcing her to take some stand either way. This family needs someone like Jamna. Everyone lets Gulaal have her way regardless of right or wrong, so someone like Jamna is required to force them to think.)
Edited by Nach_Baliye - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
You write so well. We really appreciate your updates! Thank you so much! πŸ˜‰
-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Whoa that was one quick update...Fantastic...and the thread is already here..please postπŸ˜ƒ
Nach_Baliye thumbnail
Thanks, everyone!
Its memorial day so I am at home, not at work, usually I have to wait to return home from work before I can watch and post updates.
Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update, really enjoyed it.

I know many people in this forum won't like what I'm about to say but I do have a problem though, I don't feel comfortable with everyone pushing Gulaal into formalising her relationship with Kesar when she is reluctant. This is almost like pushing someone into getting married when they don't want to - before everyone jumps at me (πŸ˜ƒ) I know she went through the deyervattu but that was due to various circumstances. The analogy is apt, considering what the step they want her to take now!

This is her choice now and as a female, I applaud her for not giving in until she feels good about it. I would be extremely disappointed and disturbed if she gives in, when its clear she has doubts. The show is about her independence in a small village, the way she makes people see her viewpoint when it goes againt tradition.

Edited by Dreamygal301 - 12 years ago
...Binny... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the update 😊
pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the awesome update.

I don't like people interfering in others lives or bullying to get there way. They only innocent party in this whole mess is Kesar.

Gulaal made the decision to keep the cause of Vasant death, Kesar her husband and now want's to pawn him off to silly Talli. I love all that Gulaal mother told her, no matter what the fact remains that Kesar is her husband and nothing she does or say will change it. The family for once need to ask Kesar what he want's and need not what they expect from him. Mota Bha want's him to be Vasant, Gulaal want's him to take Vasant's place but at the same time be the Kesar she knew ten yrs prior.
Nach_Baliye thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dreamygal301

Thanks for the update, really enjoyed it.

I know many people in this forum won't like what I'm about to say but I do have a problem though, I don't feel comfortable with everyone pushing Gulaal into formalising her relationship with Kesar when she is reluctant. This is almost like pushing someone into getting married when they don't want to - before everyone jumps at me (πŸ˜ƒ) I know she went through the deyervattu but that was due to various circumstances. The analogy is apt, considering what the step they want her to take now!

This is her choice now and as a female, I applaud her for not giving in until she feels good about it. I would be extremely disappointed and disturbed if she gives in, when its clear she has doubts. The show is about her independence in a small village, the way she makes people see her viewpoint when it goes againt tradition.

Your thoughts make sense, I would not want Gulaal to start a relationship with Kesar based on society alone. I do, however, think that she has not planned her own future in the deeyarvattu process. She will never think outside of Vasant, but Vasant is dead and gone, and she has to do something with her life. Kesar seems to love her a lot, although he is still a kid, and either Gulaal thinks of him as her husband or breaks her marriage, but she has to take some stand especially because Kesar is a different individual and may want different things from life other than being in a loveless marriage. All the people around her, except Jamna, want the best for Gulaal just like she does for Kesar (marrying him to Talli). Gulaal has not even told Mota Bha the reason for her deeyarvattu - if she is going to bear the burden of that truth alone, then she needs to be ready to bear the consequences alone as well. The least she can do is confide in Mota Bha who has always supported her. He even wanted to make her Head for her security which she declined.
Edited by Nach_Baliye - 12 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I agree forcing isn't the way but at least now Gulaal is going to more aware of Kesar, the man and the husband. There's no way she will view him as the child Kesar and I think the recent happenings have occurred simply to build a foundation for the future. Of course, feeling anything 'romantic' for Kesar cannot be done by force and that will just have to happen naturally.
sreereddy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thanks alot

thats a nice update