Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lizdarcy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Gosh! This place feels like home! Or is it because I see all my LTL mates here? πŸ˜†

I've been intrigued ever since I caught the first promo on Sony. I do not expect anything remotely great as LTL-1, but yes, the theme does sound interesting. And the lead pair looks charming together.

About love, well, I used to be a giddy, starry-eyed romantic, once upon a time. I know that feeling. But now, at 27, I know that love is something more than that. I don't know if I'm talking about that soul-deep emotion TaSha shared(LTL hangover, sorry) but yes, it is more than just the initial attraction and flowers.

Veer-Zaara is one of my favorite movies. Even when friends teased me saying that it was, after all, the love story of two people past their prime, I found it glorious! BALH has a simpler theme, and this makes it sweeter. Somehow, I like the idea of love taking people by surprise. And if Ekta doesn't add kitchen politics to the mix, this show might just work. I hope it does. 😊
-Roopa- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lizdarcy

Gosh! This place feels like home! Or is it because I see all my LTL mates here? πŸ˜†

I've been intrigued ever since I caught the first promo on Sony. I do not expect anything remotely great as LTL-1, but yes, the theme does sound interesting. And the lead pair looks charming together.

About love, well, I used to be a giddy, starry-eyed romantic, once upon a time. I know that feeling. But now, at 27, I know that love is something more than that. I don't know if I'm talking about that soul-deep emotion TaSha shared(LTL hangover, sorry) but yes, it is more than just the initial attraction and flowers.

Veer-Zaara is one of my favorite movies. Even when friends teased me saying that it was, after all, the love story of two people past their prime, I found it glorious! BALH has a simpler theme, and this makes it sweeter. Somehow, I like the idea of love taking people by surprise. And if Ekta doesn't add kitchen politics to the mix, this show might just work. I hope it does. 😊

Welcome to the forum..Smile 

Veer Zaara is my favorite too..it makes me deeply emotional each time i watch it. it shows love  between 2 people past their prime but just as stronger and deeper as between people of young age..it was so effective for me because their love was not of age or beauty alone but which sustains the years of separation and oppositopn of every kind..

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fivr-

@Anu: Lol!! I don't think you'll be the only one choking on their laughter if Ram does a trip-catch-sequence.. In fact I think I might just PHYSICALLY roll on the floor laughing if that happens! πŸ€£ These two actors definitely deserve well written, conversational scenes because they have the CALIBER to execute them with brilliance. Toh to give them any less or to have them do something so mundane and lame as trip-catches and eye-locks would really be an insult to their talent. And I don't have the patience for that either.. πŸ˜†

Waise now that you mention, those promos DO tell a story.. I just had never looked at it that way.. *bows to Anu's insight* Kya baat hai Anu jee! 😍 I find their conversation (in the second promo - where they ask each other if they've ever fallen in love) too amazing too! Kaise aram sey SIMPLY baat kar rahey hotey hain. No "dhan-dhan-dhan" in your face clashes or any overly imposing romantic theme in the promo.. Just a simply conversation between two people as they share a view.

And I do notice how differently Ekta's been promoting this show - but then I was dismissing it as my post-LTL awareness of shows. LTL k baad toh I've sort of forgotten how Ekta works in her subtle promotions and stuff.. The big things I remember, but ye choti moti cheezain I tend to forget.. *sigh* Khair, LTL aur us k effects are clearly not of importance here.. πŸ˜†

And WORD @ it being a relationship story! I love that phrase Anu! That's exactly what it is!! Not a "lowe" story! Not an "opposites attract" story.. But a RELATIONSHIP story between two people.. Opposite hain ya nahi, that comes secondary.. And I want to see that RELATIONSHIP grow - slowly, through subtle gestures.. *sigh* 😍

P.S. This discussion reminds me so STARKLY of LTL.. *sigh*

LOL don't get too impressed...I dunno how I managed to realize it too or that it's my overactive imagination...cuz no one else seems to have said that about the promosπŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Yeah this discussion reminds me of LTL too cuz firstly a) 99.9% of the ppl in this thread are from the LTL forumπŸ˜†  and b) there are nuances to analyze based on the promos and synopsis we have so far...baaki toh show start hone pe hi pata chalega.

Word at these two being actors of that CALIBER that deserve well written subtle scenes that they can sink their teeth into with their powerful acting...that is what can create magic on screen...they are so beyond the trip-catch stuff anyways...l

Agree about the 'kamaal hai' promo...I also love the simplicity, the natural vibe to that scene...this is what I mean by in dono ki FANTASTIC acting skills...such a simple scene but so nicely executed...nothing romantic about it...just a simple sharing of views like you said...hope to see more subtle, natural moments of that sort in the show as well.
-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
I guess if I delay now...I will not be having a single post here and would be just reading all the posts like thisπŸ˜πŸ˜†...

Fantastic thoughts...and my God, the LTLians have actually commented like they were thirsting for it since forever...well since 28 March, to be preciseπŸ˜†
The promos have actually come out very well, and underplayed those OTT emotions, that generally are the hallmarks of Ekta shows...probably because I think they are post marriage and post the initial friction that is bound to be there, since the marriage to be shown as a compromise between the two of them in order to see their siblings happy...
And these scenes would be the result of much character development ...Ram turning a bit mushy, Priya getting a bit impressed about his goodness, and family orientism hidden under the layers of a sauve and no-nonsense kind of businessman... well that is the impression I am getting...I might be wrong...
So we are not getting a trip and catch kind of romance...(Thank God for that!!πŸ˜†) ...we are getting chain saw snoring in the night and not able to sleep kind of scenes...
him trying to talk to his business associates with her making noise on the mixer trying to make south Indian coconut chutney for him...
He trying to put on black suit and her saying that brown looks more betterπŸ˜›

My imagination running riotsπŸ˜†
What I was trying to put in the post was that the initial falling is the thing which was difficult...the rose tinted glasses are replaced by the cynicism...as you come out of colleges and schools and enter professions and meet all kinds of people, you tend to distrust more than trust, dislike more than like, criticize more than appreciate...
It is this barrier I am trying to visualize...it is this barrier I would like them to over come...
But as one of the members...I think Eventide said it...that it is going to be a post marriage romance...so they will be comfortably uncomfortable in their house in this nok jhokπŸ˜†
*sigh* am I falling again or what???πŸ˜†
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow... good reading on a Monday morning ...

All the promos, and all the synopsis so far indicate *a mature love story*. Maturity that is not defined by age, but by the way a person thinks and reacts, I hope.

Now how feasible it is to show that in a *mature way* on screen, is something that will be known only when the series starts. The promos are quite a collection of scenes, backed by apt actors. Now how the collection of scenes actually flow in the series narration is the challenge to the entire creative team, considering the amount of hope and expectation ( to some extent) that most (including me) have on this series.

Hoping for a series, that can go beyond the obvious *love scenes* and explore the territory of *mature* love story and a treat for a reader like me to read up some great analysis and views and counter views that go beyond hero-worship.

And on a superficial note, the title song is so damn addictive. πŸ˜†

-- Mru

wida thumbnail
reason im so excited about the story iss
thee actorss.. and teh characters
mature storyy!!
im kinda fed up with the usual youth showss.. orr saas bahu showss
thiss is a story about 2 mature people
an di think it wil be more realistic
and on topp good actorss :D
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mru_bee

Wow... good reading on a Monday morning ...

All the promos, and all the synopsis so far indicate *a mature love story*. Maturity that is not defined by age, but by the way a person thinks and reacts, I hope.

Now how feasible it is to show that in a *mature way* on screen, is something that will be known only when the series starts. The promos are quite a collection of scenes, backed by apt actors. Now how the collection of scenes actually flow in the series narration is the challenge to the entire creative team, considering the amount of hope and expectation ( to some extent) that most (including me) have on this series.

Hoping for a series, that can go beyond the obvious *love scenes* and explore the territory of *mature* love story and a treat for a reader like me to read up some great analysis and views and counter views that go beyond hero-worship.

And on a superficial note, the title song is so damn addictive. πŸ˜†

-- Mru

@bold: Awesome point, MruπŸ‘   That is exactly what I'm hoping to see as well...a MATURE love story...and maturity doesn't necessarily come with age...but more with experience and to some extent inherent personalities as well I guess...in this case, the characters are not young, high on hormones teenagers or even in their 20s...there's a thehraav that comes with age too...not necessarily what makes you "old"...but is part of maturity...and more than the maturity of the characters, I want to see maturity to the way this is PRESENTED...maturity to the minds of the writers, the director as to how he presents this.

And yes, the song IS damn addictiveπŸ˜†...I'm listening over and over the brief Shreya Ghoshal clip too...really hoping it's well used in the show.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lizdarcy

Veer-Zaara is one of my favorite movies. Even when friends teased me saying that it was, after all, the love story of two people past their prime, I found it glorious! BALH has a simpler theme, and this makes it sweeter. Somehow, I like the idea of love taking people by surprise. And if Ekta doesn't add kitchen politics to the mix, this show might just work. I hope it

does. 😊

Feels so good to see you here...Seems like all the gang has dropped in to smell the grass...If the show doesn't go kaput on delivery front can we have some of ur beautiful posts here Lizzy...i been craving for them..πŸ˜›πŸ˜³
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

I too would have preferred that they show a love story without the trappings of a marriage instantly...that would have been actually gutsy on Ekta's part...to show two mature individuals in their 30s/40s who happen to eventually fall in love without being forced into a marriage...but I guess she has to bring in her saas-bahu drama from SOMEWHERE...and apparently no soap on desi TV is complete unless there's a majboori/forced marriage to throw ppl together and THEN make them fall in love.  When I'd first read about this show, that is what I'd thought might be the story...that they'd fall in love without any forced marriage drama...something along the lines of those Hollywood rom-coms like One Fine Day or something...not exactly young love.

And even now, based on the synopsis...it seems it will take a little time atleast for Ram and Priya to eventually get married...the marriage will be a catalyst for them to spend more time together I guess but otherwise they will have some interactions outside of that in the show for a bit it seems.

The concept has potential but it all depends on execution...they have the advantage of two very good actors also so it remains to be seen how that is utilized.

Agree with you, Anu, about the way it is conceptualized and finally executed. They have a lot working here, with talented actors. Love the effortless acting in the promos. It would have indeed been gutsy on Ekta's part to create a 'mature' love story without the trappings of kitchen politics. This show is definitely not targeted at teens and young adults. And very few of the older lot among the metered zones may have accepted middle aged leads falling in love without a dollop of saas bahu drama. Whatever little experience I have viewing desi shows, I don't remember any that explored relationships between middle aged characters without adultery being thrown in.

Loved your analysis on the relationship graph in the promos. Simple, everyday kind of scenes... nothing over the top. But well executed.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eventide

Agree with you, Anu, about the way it is conceptualized and finally executed. They have a lot working here, with talented actors. Love the effortless acting in the promos. It would have indeed been gutsy on Ekta's part to create a 'mature' love story without the trappings of kitchen politics. This show is definitely not targeted at teens and young adults. And very few of the older lot among the metered zones may have accepted middle aged leads falling in love without a dollop of saas bahu drama. Whatever little experience I have viewing desi shows, I don't remember any that explored relationships between middle aged characters without adultery being thrown in.

Loved your analysis on the relationship graph in the promos. Simple, everyday kind of scenes... nothing over the top. But well executed.

Thanks, Sandy...the promos have indeed been wonderfully conceived and executed in a simple, natural manner that I find very appealing as well...and they tell this whole story like in these 30 second capsules😊 Word on the effortless acting...ahh such a pleasure to watch such natural, experienced actors acting on TV again.

I think Ekta is deffo trying something different here and appealing to a different demographic...the saas-bahu crowd usually only wants to watch a young, bholi, sharmeeli girl married into some family that tortures her and then she tries to fight them off/make them love her or whatever...some of these elements will be there in BALH as well I guess seeing the character of Ram's stepmom and all...those touches will be there...but I want to see the RP relationship maturely explored in the midst of all this atleast...and again, it is the EFFORTLESS acting that I come back to that makes me think there will be some saving grace no matter what...lol

I do dread some weirdo storylines though involving extra-marital affairs or third angles with a random younger chick...Kekta is fully capable of springing that sort of nonsense in from anywhere *shudders*πŸ˜†

Maybe I'll forgive them if they keep on playing the BALH song on a loopπŸ˜πŸ˜†...that song melts me.