thanks 4 da pm
Muahhh
Xxx
Edited by kashndsel4eva - 12 years ago
RageOfAnAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

That was superb πŸ‘πŸΌ
I'm loving the fact that Maan is determined to fight for her , by fair or unfair means πŸ‘πŸΌ
He can't see her in that wretched family , more so letting them , sacrificing her like an animal .πŸ‘
Loved Geet & Maan's convo 

Awesome part Glitter Star RedGlitter Star RedGlitter Star Red
Thanks for pm ...
AWw nycee update Fozi luved it thnx for the PMz xx
-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
oh no...y dnt u understand maan ...he is doing all this for ur betterment only...ur family is doing nothing less than abusin u...continue soon n thnx for this awesome part n the pm...who has come to see geet now?????
janu_2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey
gr8 part..
cont.sooon

thanks for pm dear..
CrazyMaaneetFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Nice update.
I thought it must b Maan who might have come with his daadi wid marriage proposal fr Geet,bt i think it would b too soon to get them married like dat
DrashtiDhamiNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome update
i love how maan is soo head-strong and will fight for geet
even though she's given up on herself
and also the fact that he's bribing munshi with cash πŸ˜†
looking forward to the next part
cont soon please
precap sounds interesting
cant wait
thanks for the pm foz!! :D
mandymore thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awsome prt,cont soon dear.

Chapter 16 - Pillar

Geet's jaw almost dropped. Her feet were frozen on the spot, until Tayyi-ji encouraged her to step forward, a fake smile on her face.

Geet felt goosebumps as she sat beside her Darjee. Her shoulders were hunched over, her hands clamped tightly together.

"This is our beloved Geet. She's 18 years old."

"The perfect age for marraige in our eyes," spoke the plump matriarch of the family. Geet kept her gaze on the ground, wishing that a hole would emerge to swallow her up. She so desperately wanted to do something, anything to stop this going ahead.

But she felt powerless, in a matter which revolved around her own life. She adjusted her dupatta, truly feeling like she was being suffocated. She needed air, she needed to breathe.

There was no chance of that happening anytime soon, as Darjee continued with the talks.

"She can do all the housework to an impeccable standard."

"She's an excellent cook,"
Tayyi-ji added, smiling at the mother.

Geet knew very well that all these so called compliments appeared because they wanted to emphasise on how she was the ideal bride. She was aware that they were desperate to get rid of her.

She peeked a look at her Uncle-ji, who looked forlorn as his eyes rested on the floor. Geet thought she saw tears forming, but she knew that like herself, he didn't have the power to go against Darjee.

"On first impressions, Geet has won us over already," spoke the patriarch of the family sat opposite them, beaming at Darjee. "I don't think we should wait any longer than neccessary to give this the go ahead. What do you think?"

Brij almost jumped up with joy, he shared an ecstatic smile with his mother. Uncle-ji looked increasingly dejected & uncomfortable, his feet shuffling.

Geet was pinching her palms, giving herself pain so she wouldn't burst out into tears.

Darjee jumped up & stepped forward. The family all stood up, & Darjee exchanged a hug with the man.

"Consider it as a yes from us," Darjee confirmed, his happiness clearly evident. They all exchanged congratulations, with Uncle-ji having to pretend like everything was ok.

As the family passed Geet, the woman stroked her dupatta clad head. "We'll be seeing you very soon," she promised, leaving Geet's stomach to churn even more.

Once they left, Brij stretched his arms out & let out a huge sigh, throwing a smirking glance at Geet who was looking pale with sheer fear.

"Finally, we can get rid of you, the horrid black cloud hanging over the family," he spat.

"We need to ensure that the marraige takes place as soon as possible," Darjee said. "I'll call a pundit tomorrow. If we get the small ceremonies out of the way, she could be married within a few days."

It was becoming too much for Geet. She shot a desperate glance at Uncle-ji, who nodded once, understanding what Geet was trying to say.

"Ahem, Darjee, isn't it... isn't it a bit too soon? I mean, we've only just confirmed the rishta. They're not even engaged yet."

"And they don't need to be. We made it clear, Geet had to get married as soon as possible. And she will be. Everything is going according to plan."

"I-I need to change out of my college uniform," Geet said quickly & rushed upstairs, biting into her dupatta to keep her sobs silent. She slammed the door shut behind her, saw the photo frame of her parents & ran to it.

Holding it with both hands, she sat onto her bed, wiping her thick tears away from the glass.

"Maa, Baba, why aren't you here?" she whispered. "If you were, you wouldn't let them do this to me. I don't want to get married. I'm terrified. I wish you could hear me. I wish you would appear by my side, stroke my hair & tell me everything will be okay. But that will never happen. You wouldn't have wanted this for me. You wouldn't have let one tear escape from my eye, neither of you."

Her eyes fell towards her top drawer. She placed the photo frame down, walked over to it & opened it, pulling out Maan's handkerchief. She touched the silk material delicately, her gaze fixed on his intials stitched in the fabric.

"I need him here. I pushed him away, but I... I..."

Her lower lip trembled & she sniffled, hugging it to her chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He picked up the crisp white towel which he had managed to prise off her that day. Without even smelling it, he could pick up the light fragrance of her scent, the scent which infiltrated his mind along with her thoughts.

He wondered what she would be doing now, then the thought pierced his heart when he realised that she was probably being ordered around by her family.

"Why won't she admit she needs me?" Maan said aloud to himself, running his fingers through his hair. "She needs me like I need... like I need her."

His phone started buzzing with an incoming call. He pulled it out of his pocket & saw the caller ID - Vicky. He hit the reject button, in no mood to talk to his family. Whatever it was, it could wait.

Right now, the only thing he could think about was Geet. He just hoped Munshi would come through with his request regarding the signatures.

"Call for Geet right now," Darjee told Tito, who nodded once & ran to his sister's room.

It was the morning after, & Geet had woken up early as usual & carried out her chores. Once she was done, she retreated to her room, locking herself away from the world.

Tito knocked on her door, then entered. Geet sat on a chair beside the windowsill, looking at the beautiful day outside.

"Geet di, Darjee is calling you, come quickly!"

Geet was lost in her own thoughts & didn't reply. Tito ran to her & tugged on her arm, which startled her.

"Di, come quick!"

"Why?"

"Darjee needs to speak to you."

Geet got up & followed her brother downstairs. Only Darjee & Brij were in the living area.

"Tito, go & play outside," Brij ordered. Tito did as he was told.

"I talked to your future in laws this morning. They've agreed that the mehndi ceremony should start tomorrow."

Geet's eyes widened in horror. She didn't notice the middle aged man who had walked through their door, but Brij had.

"Oi, what do you want?" he asked, walking towards the man.

"I'm Kuldeep Singh. I'm running for the elections, I need your votes."

Geet snapped out of her shock & eyed the man who stood before Brij, clipboard in hand.

"Why should we vote for you?"
Brij asked.

"I can bring many good changes to Hoshiarpur. If you sign this for me, I can keep you updated. I require as many signatures as possible you see."

"What's in it for me?"

"The benefit of having a say in your beloved Hoshiarpur. If you could just sign here then summon all the adults to sign as well, please. Adults meaning everyone who is aged 18 & over."

Brij looked towards Geet & sneered, who looked away.

"Go & call your Uncle & Tayyi,"
Darjee ordered. Geet complied & rushed to the kitchen, where Tayyi-ji was.

"Tayyi-ji, can you come & sign for the man who's running in the election?"

"What election?"

"Ji, I don't know, Darjee asked me to call you so I-"

"Move aside," Tayyi-ji ordered, nudging Geet out of the way & walking there in a hurry.

Geet was a few steps behind her.

"Tayyi-ji, where's Uncle-ji?"

"He's gone out to attend to something important, what's it to you?"

"Ji, Darjee wanted him to sign too, that's why I'm asking."

They reached the living area. Tayyi-ji fixed her dupatta over her head & signed excitedly.

Geet stood away from everyone, fiddling with her dupatta. The man saw her & beckoned her over.

"Madam-ji, if you could sign as well please," he urged.

Geet walked over to him, taking the pen he held out for her. She signed on the paper, then gave the pen back to him, before walking away to resume her normal position.

"When will we receive updates?" Brij asked curiously.

"Very soon, once the initial ideas are planned out," the man replied, before leaving the house.

He got into his sleek Mercedes which he had parked a few blocks away from the Handa residence & dialled a number with urgency.

Before even letting who he was calling speak with a greeting, he spoke in a rush.

"Sir, the job is done, I have their signatures. But we need to act incredibly fast. I walked in on them talking about Miss Handa's mehindi ceremony tomorrow."

Maan almost dropped his phone with shock.

Precap: "You can't leave me."

I wanted to share this song with you all, I discovered it from a VM on Youtube & it's so weird how it suits my fanfic perfectly. I was actually listening to it non stop when writing this update because it matches Maan & Geet's situation so well.

Click Here

(The song is in Punjabi so apologies in advance if any of you don't understand the meaning)

HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON!
Long comments preferable 😊 But any comments are welcome, of course πŸ˜ƒ

Chapter 17 - Nothing But Despair

Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago
ninand thumbnail
man ,That was really smart how he got their signatures! really smart.

I am loving how intense things are getting ,.. Maans reaction to the news- β˜’️.. I cant wait to see what he does... 

we need longer updates! much much longer.. and soon please😳.. and thanks for the pm.
Edited by ninand - 12 years ago