Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sameeha786 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay so FINALLY I have a time to read your update and I really like where this is going! Thanks for the update... 😊
pr1ncess12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey foz sorry for the late update love it soo much and the siggie that sai made is awesome loved it
xxx
MsMovielover thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
cant wait for the next update

Chapter 5 - Harsh Realities

After they had dinner, Maan excused himself to the bathroom, which he had been shown to by Uncle-ji.

He stood in front of the small mirror & washed his hands, then looked at his own reflection in the mirror.

He couldn't bear to look at himself, the images from his past kept flashing into his mind. It had been a long time since he had caught sight of himself; all he saw staring back at him was a 14 year old boy, a coward who had let his own brother die.

Pushing it all away to the back of his mind, he focused himself on the matter in hand. There was something going on behind the issue with the land, a deeper reason why he wasn't getting any clear answers from the Handas. He tightened his fists, his muscles flexing as he prepared himself to demand some answers from them.

He walked out of the bathroom & was on his way back downstairs when he heard soft sobs coming from a room.

Maan knew who it was - it was her, as everyone else was downstairs eating. He wondered why she hadn't sat down at the table with them...
Her sobs sounded full of sadness & grief, engulfed with pain.

Then, like a flashback, he remembered when he had heard the earlier conversation between her & her brother, & what he said about marraige...

In a sudden burst of anger, he stormed to the door & thrust it open.

Geet, who had been sat on the floor leaning against her bed, stood up in a flash, her tears still lingering on her cheek.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Maan demanded angrily.

She frowned, unable to comprehend what he was saying.

"Thinking you'll trap me into your village girl act & get me to marry you. I heard you, I heard you & that brother of yours in the kitchen. Do you really think you can fool me?"

Geet shook her head, terrified at the wrath of the angry young man whose dark eyes looked ready to pop out any minute. She was rooted to the spot, her legs quaking.

"Let me tell you one thing, Maan Singh Khurana is not fooled by anyone. Haven't your parents taught you any manners? Or do they just sit back & allow to play these games?"

Fresh tears pricked Geet's eyes at the mention of her parents. Her tears then flared to anger at the sound of this stranger tarnishing their name.

"I bet they encourage you, don't they? You probably allowed that hot pan to drop on your hands yourself, so you could get me to-"

"Stop," Geet said sternly, her lips compressed into a hard line. "Stop right there. You know nothing about me."

"I know everything I need to know. You're playing games, running rings around me, to protect the land. Tell me, what is so special about the land?"

Geet's anger dissolved into confusion. "Land? What land?"

Maan scoffed. "Now she's going to pretend she doesn't know. Mohinder Handa's land. Where is he?"

Geet blinked once, in shock, then she became rigid.
Mohinder Handa's land.
The words ran through her mind in circles.
Her father had land... & she didn't even know about it.

Maan frowned in suspicion as he watched the girl before him turn as white as a sheet. He waved his hand in front of her, but her eyes remained fixed as she stared into space.

Then he remembered when her brother had told him to serve him food. What had he called her...?
Geet.

"Geet?" he said.

She snapped out of her thoughts once she heard her name come out of his mouth. She looked back at him, the tears overflowing from her eyes.

"Moh... Mohinder Handa... is my father," she explained through sobs. "He... he's not alive anymore."

He felt himself go rigid as his mind processed what he had just been told.
Mohinder Handa, whose signatures he needed, was dead.
This girl had a right to the land.
But above all that, he couldn't help but feel empathy for her as she cried when she spoke her father's name.

Geet had a thousand questions to ask about the land, but she couldn't find the words to speak.

The family had been planning to sell the land away. Sell the one last thing which Geet had as a memory of her father.

Maan had wanted to ask if she knew anything more about the land, but he could see that she was in no fit state to answer.

He quietly backed out of her room, closing the door. He stood outside for a few seconds, listening in, then he heard the quiet sobs continue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downstairs, the table had been cleared up after dinner. Tayyi-ji & Rajji were cleaning up in the kitchen, Tito had been sent upstairs to finish off his homework.

Which left Darjee, Brij & Uncle-ji, who settled down in the living area.

Darjee wanted to avoid any conversation with Uncle, but it was too late. Uncle got in there before Darjee could start on a new topic.

"Darjee, what's this about Mohinder's land?"

Brij turned to Darjee, anticipating his reaction.

Darjee shot him a deathly glare, tightening the grip on his stick. "You don't need to know."

"He was my brother. I have a right to know."

"And you have a right to obey me & do as I say. Your brother has been dead for several years now. This sale of the land has been a long time coming." He saw Maan making his way downstairs, a perplexed expression on his face. "Now hush, he's coming."

Maan stepped into the living area, feeling 3 pairs of eyes on him.

"I'm not going to buy this land off you until I know the full story. Including any other heirs there may be to it." His mind wandered off to Geet.

Darjee stood up at the mention of the word heir.

"What do you know?" he demanded, walking towards Maan, who remained in his place.

"It's not about what I know. It's about what anyone else may need to know."

"Oi!" Brij stepped forward. "What did that girl tell you?"

"Nothing, I haven't even spoken to her," Maan lied. "But I do know that she's the daughter of Mohinder Handa."

"How?" Darjee asked. His attempt to keep it a secret had failed.

"Once again, it doesn't matter how. I just came to tell you that I'm not leaving Hoshiarpur until the real resolution of this issue isn't reached. You know very well that Mohinder's daughter is the rightful owner to the land. Whether she gains the land or I buy it off her, we'll have to see that in the coming days, won't we?"

And with that, Maan made a swift exit from the house, leaving a cold chill in the air behind him.

Anger & fury boiled through Darjee's blood as he angrily slammed his stick on the floor.

"Brij, call everyone here immediately. Including that nuisance, Geet. No one is at ease now, until I find out who told him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Precap: "You've caused your own self destruction."

Chapter 6 - The Pain In Your Eyes
Edited by walkintomylifex - 12 years ago
Sameeha786 thumbnail
RES RES RES RES RES!!!

Gonna read this update after I PM people about my new update 😆😳

Edit:

Awww, I feel so sorry for Geet. I feel a little angry at Maan because he obviously knows nothing about her but then again he IS Maan Singh Khurana so even I can't stop him from doing things without thinking 😆

Waiting for next update 😊
Edited by Sameeha786 - 12 years ago
mitzi11 thumbnail
res comment late
sweety
Edited by sharmake11 - 12 years ago
hopehot thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
lovely update
i do feel bad for geet ...
...as her family 😡

lovley update
cont soon
-Humera- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome, updates.. Just caught up with your ff and I love it... ðŸ˜Š

Maan finally knows that Geet is Mohinderlal's daughter... 😃
And he felt sorry for her, but didn't like his attitude at the beginning but he is MSK afterall 😳

Can't wait to see what is going to happen next, will Maan make Geet give him the land, or try and find a way to gain it...?

Thanks for all the pm's can't wait for the next update
🤗
xx

maaneetsangel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome ... superb ... update ...

thnx 4 d pm ...

continue soon ...
cyum321 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
omg what murderous and dangerous family they are poor geet will suffer now again...brilliant write