Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: misti73

Yes and also I will be happy if Mommy Phuljhari also become dadajis new best friend and dadaji starts prefering ehr company than Pappa Fruitcake.😃 
Baby Bhasu is really great and Saurav was very funny. If only they would get the age right.  He is acting like a 4 year old and that is fine.  But triple jealousy for Fruitcake is excellent.  So he loses his two best friends - Baby Bhasu and Dadaji to Phuljhari.  On top of that,  Baby Bhasu would start liking Phuljhari.  Baby Bhasu was so scared of Gillu today when she was scolding Phuljhari.  When he tried to make her act normal, she turned on him too until the doctor kicked her out.  So Gillu would be trying to put Baby Bhasu to sleep with Papa Fruitcake keeping company.  Then Baby Bhasu would shout to Kabutarni, "Badi Ma.  I want Mommy Phuljhari instead.  She smells so nice.  I want to sniff her."  Gillu would again go ballistic whereas Poppa Fruitcake would start growling and frowning and tell Kabutarni, "Badi Ma...Phuljhari is bad for Baby Bhasu's health...please keep her away from Baby Bhasu...this is doctor's orders."  But Kabutarni would override it (her own interests and Kanha's vardaan to Phuljhari of letting her meet with Baby Bhasu) and ask Mommy Phuljhari to tuck in Baby Bhasu.

Then, next morning he would run to Dadaji's room to cry about the whole thing and find Phuljhari feeding Dadaji and Dadaji giving her his version of smile.  When Fruitcake interrupts in jealousy asking Phuljhari to leave,  Dadaji would give him a stern look that is usually reserved for Kabutarni.

Or put his head on her lap...😉...will freak out everyone.😃

Now we all know that Baby Bhasu would come as a spectator.  Maybe he would start asking about the groom and Kabutarni would  lie and say that it is Fruitcake.  So Baby Bhasu would demand Poppa Fruitcake to sit with Mommy Phuljhari and do the rasams.  Now Poppa Fruitcake would show his reluctance but would be enjoying them subconsciously.  Then Baby Bhasu would put his head on Mommy Phuljhari's lap and Gillu would start screaming.  But Mommy Phuljhari would give her serene Madonna smile (the one she gave to Abhay when he came out of the car in the rain) and pat his head.  Then she would sing this song while putting him to sleep.
"Lalla Lalla Lori, Dudh ki Katori
  Dudh mein batasha,  Rohan Babu kare Tamasa."

She would be singing this song with Poppa Fruitcake and there is a scene where Baby Bhasu would put his head in Mommy Phuljhari's lap.  In the following video, just substitute the little girl with Baby Bhasu and imagine him lying with his head in Phuljhari's lap.  Poppa Fruitcake would be looking angry unlike Shashi Kapoor who looks happy.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3iOMHOg7DI[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by why6 - 13 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: misti73

Yes I know that you are no liking Dev and I accept people for not liking him...thats why his POV is needed. A good scriptwriter would have given that because he or she would have understood that Dev is the male lead and it is important that the audience do not loose connection with him simply because they are confused. Many of the shows currently running now had the male leads as flawed characters but the good ones always try to justify the leads POV.  They are trying to build up a mystery where the mystery is not needed.Maybe if they are reading the forum they might be thinking since so many of us are discussing about Dev, it must mean we are intrigued, when that is not the reason why most of us are scratching our heads...we are just confused.

Actually I would feel sympathy for Dev's character if they show his point of view.  We were analyzing Abhay and hoping to see his POV.  But they did not show it and instead ruined a good character.  But in that case, people tolerated him because they loved a lot of characters including Dev who was a favorite for many.  Also that track was towards the end of CB1.  Here this show is just in its early stages and if they make Dev so unreasonable and so unlikeable right now, the show's TRPs would start getting affected.

One of the other serials I follow on and off on SP has two leads where the lead actor has very confused feelings for the lead actress.  He loves her and yet hates her for her "supposed" betrayal.  They show him as unreasonable and angry all the time yet they show his emotions in privacy where he shows remorse for treating the other person badly.  The show is not perfect by any means and the pace can be slow but they are building up the story slowly despite low ratings.  They haven't ping-ponged their characters just to get short-term TRPs.  They are showing all the complex emotions between two people where in the end one starts sympathizing with the actions of this person who is so angry. There is justification for everyone's actions including side characters.

Barring couple of months,  Radhika of CB1 was always sympathetic because her POV was always shown in her conversation with Kanha.  But for some reason,  they are not giving any similar dialogues to Dev at all and give the same dialogues to Maheswari over and over again.  Similarly,  Dadaji has not been given a single dialogue at all.  He knows that Radhika is Dev's ex-girlfriend and considers him her husband.  She is the one who wrote the letter and today she told him that she is here for a reason.  They showed him sulking maybe because he was thinking of Radhika as fickle for marrying Rohan.  But after Radhika's conversation,  can they not show him wondering if Radhika is the CB that wise old owl talked about and Radhika would bring the change.  Because they supposedly want to keep this mystery of Dev being the youngest grandson, they are keeping him silent.

Edited by why6 - 13 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Oh my, my, my, my!  I could barely watch the show today and could not continue with the MI either (not b/c of Mishti's writing, but b/c of the show!).

Where is this frigging story going?

Rohan, a child again?  Oh dear!  It was hard to watch a grown man looking silly!

Mohini turning negative?  Been around Virat too much?

Padma shrilling like a banshee?  So unlike her original character.

Dev opted for selective maun vrat?

And what happened to Radhika?  Why is she covered up like a ganwar, when the older bahu is modernized?  I can accept her covering her head but who bought her a tent and draped it around her?

Whatever happened to the original concept of CB?  Someone started smoking something in the Production House along the way!  Haila!
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajsri

i do feel sorry for dev for his lack of childhood since dadaji's accident ... but dont feel sorry for him for losing rads ... that is a choice he has made ... like some of you i believe that he deliberately wants to hurt rads either bcos he wants her to back off or bcos he is angry with himself and transferring it on to her  ... let us see what they show ... dev was my favorite from CB1 and i am happy they are not showing him perfect this time around ... but they should not lose the essence of the character

Actually, I like that he is imperfect.  This story is better in the sense as both Radhika and Dev know the entire truth and telling everything to each other.  Their beliefs and obligations are different and causing the distance between them.  So in the end it is not other people who are affecting their relationship but only their personal actions.  But despite his imperfection, the basic nature of Dev should be tempered with and they did it during the fire scene when he hesitated to save Radhika.  He may be angry at Radhika but he would always come for her when she is in danger.  In fact,  I loved Dev in CB1 in the first year but found his reactions very unrealistic in the second year when the truth about the first marriage came out.  They should have shown him protecting Radhika from other PF members and Shastri family, but they needed to show his sense of betrayal and loss of faith in Radhika for her actions.  They made him too perfect when he forgave her in five minutes.  

I actually want him to lose Radhika because he has made a lot of mistakes and deserves to lose her for a while in order to repent in a true sense.  One loses a valuable thing in life when they don't appreciate that thing and take care of it.  So if creatives are making it about Kanha's leela, then that would be his punishment. 

laxmis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
When I first read the update I was shocked to see 23-12 became 8 and I thought somebody must have invented a new subtraction formula and I was ignorant of that. After reading your thread I took a deep breath that I can do simple math.😊

Always love reading yours and  why3/why6's conversations and the other members contributions to this thread.
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sia_lovely

Yes, the same talking outside the house, when he ambles along with her to keep the idol. Truly a monologue from his side would prevent many tensions (for us!) They cannot assume and leave the matter that the audience will try to think over and come to a conclusion! Audience doesnt have time to break their heads over over to fictional stories...so as u said, they will loose interest which would be bad because the leads are the most important characters!! 

Sia, the audience does not have time to analyse the characters and the show...so if they are confused they will loose interest...and this simple thing the makers are not understanding or are refusing to understand. 
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajsri

Misti ... hilarious ... i too was wondering at their math and how 23 minus 12 became 8 😆 

Seriously I was scratching my head when they came up with the answer 8.😆😆

since i am curious as to how dev managed to get educated etc by this family, it appears as if he was away in boarding school (maybe courtesy of his dadaji) ... rohan was the one who stayed behind and got spoilt????
Looks like thats what happened.

Mohini was fun to watch ... all of the characters were good

enjoyed reading all the comments

agree with your POV that rads is truly in love with KK and not dev ... though she is confident bcos of her dad, she too had a rough childhood with shantha as her mom ... and KK for her was her knight in shining armour ... i love the way she has been characterized and love how she is seems to be in a million places at one time ... but like you, hope they dont make her mahaan ...
Thought her face looked stunning today in yellow ... did not pay attention to what she was wearing, so should go back and look at why people thought her choice of attire was bad
you missed the tent?!!! 
i do feel sorry for dev for his lack of childhood since dadaji's accident ... but dont feel sorry for him for losing rads ... that is a choice he has made ... like some of you i believe that he deliberately wants to hurt rads either bcos he wants her to back off or bcos he is angry with himself and transferring it on to her  ... let us see what they show ... dev was my favorite from CB1 and i am happy they are not showing him perfect this time around ... but they should not lose the essence of the character
I don't feel sorry for him for loosing Rads, I am feeling sorry that he is a product of his childhood, he has lost his childhood and if he continues in this way then he might loose other important things in his life, when he does not need to.
Either way, this drama is definitely intriguing ... if the creatives make it that way ... would love rads to silently taunt and goad dev with the mischievous glint in her eye ... rubina really pulls of that look so well while dev keeps looking increasingly forlorn  ... if, on the other hand they go for over the top melodrama, it would be stupid on their part
lets see what they do...the next few days will give a better idea as to the flavour of this show.

All of the ideas in this thread with baby bhimsu in the middle are funny 😆 ... so creatives please maintain the cores of each of these characters without going over the edge ... and please dont get chanda or banda in here right now unless it is as a play date for rohan ... they are both at the same mental age level
Chanda is of the same mental age as Rohan...she will be great play date for him. 

One more note to the creatives ... please show precaps that are amusing too ... instead of screaming padma i would have shown rohan asking about mohini ... "who is that aunty"
Ahh but the creatives think that the audience loves melodrama.😉

rajsri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Why6 I agree with you regarding maintaining the core of Dev's and Rad's characters

For Dev, I really saw the whole fire incident a couple of times and my reading of the scene was that he was not hesitant, but surprised... the first time he went in he did not see Rads ... however, the whole thing was shot badly if different people are interpreting it so differently ... also, i did not like chenu holding his dad back ... chenu is  a big boy and a brother and should have gone in to save Rads ... they could have shown him falling down as he ran to save her and mansa held back by his wife and daughter ... all in all, not shown well at all ... if people are interpreting him as being hesitant, that is almost an anti hero

The reason i liked Dev from season 1 was bcos, apart from his unconditional love for a young orphan girl,  he was idealistic to a fault,  very respectful, did not believe in blindly following superstitions  and was protective of women in general, not just rads  ... i liked him grieving over killing vish's baby and did not like it when he slapped and dragged vish out of the house ... those were times when i think they brought him down for the sake of TRPs.  As Abhay, yes they dumbed him down which was not great ... but more than him not believing rads (which is why most people hated him)  i did not like that he slept with rads and went chasing after her when he thought he was married to kanika  ... those were moral boundaries that they never showed him crossing when he thought he was married to vish.   

Again, I am glad that Dev is not perfect here ... but as you said they should be careful and not make him lose some of his basic character traits ... lot of people like his character and they should not make them lose that connection.  I do hope they show what he is thinking

I definitely agree that it would be good for both Dev and Rads character growth if they split temporarily after Rohan recovers ...

CB1 should have included punishment of Amma and Dev mad at Rads for the marriage lie as tracks ... hope this time around they show justice

misti73 thumbnail
😆

Originally posted by: why6

Baby Bhasu is really great and Saurav was very funny. If only they would get the age right.  
Which age Angie...4 thats is supposed to be 8 which is supposed to be 10.😉
He is acting like a 4 year old and that is fine.  But triple jealousy for Fruitcake is excellent.  So he loses his two best friends - Baby Bhasu and Dadaji to Phuljhari.  On top of that,  Baby Bhasu would start liking Phuljhari.  Baby Bhasu was so scared of Gillu today when she was scolding Phuljhari.  When he tried to make her act normal, she turned on him too until the doctor kicked her out.  So Gillu would be trying to put Baby Bhasu to sleep with Papa Fruitcake keeping company.  Then Baby Bhasu would shout to Kabutarni, "Badi Ma.  I want Mommy Phuljhari instead.  She smells so nice.  I want to sniff her."  Gillu would again go ballistic whereas Poppa Fruitcake would start growling and frowning and tell Kabutarni, "Badi Ma...Phuljhari is bad for Baby Bhasu's health...please keep her away from Baby Bhasu...this is doctor's orders."  But Kabutarni would override it (her own interests and Kanha's vardaan to Phuljhari of letting her meet with Baby Bhasu) and ask Mommy Phuljhari to tuck in Baby Bhasu.
Yes and also give him  goodnight cuddle...and then he will have a nightmare and get up bawling...and this time he will be scared that there are some jujus hiding under the bed...Gillu and Papa Fuitcake will both again offer to stay with him but Babu Bhasu will again tell badi ma...that he is scared of Gillu because she shouts too much and does not want Papa Fruitcake because he snores...he wants nice Mommy Phuljhari to stay with him and keep the jujus away. 

Then, next morning he would run to Dadaji's room to cry about the whole thing and find Phuljhari feeding Dadaji and Dadaji giving her his version of smile.  When Fruitcake interrupts in jealousy asking Phuljhari to leave,  Dadaji would give him a stern look that is usually reserved for Kabutarni.
😆

Now we all know that Baby Bhasu would come as a spectator.  Maybe he would start asking about the groom and Kabutarni would  lie and say that it is Fruitcake.  So Baby Bhasu would demand Poppa Fruitcake to sit with Mommy Phuljhari and do the rasams.  Now Poppa Fruitcake would show his reluctance but would be enjoying them subconsciously.  Then Baby Bhasu would put his head on Mommy Phuljhari's lap and Gillu would start screaming.  But Mommy Phuljhari would give her serene Madonna smile (the one she gave to Abhay when he came out of the car in the rain) and pat his head.  Then she would sing this song while putting him to sleep.
"Lalla Lalla Lori, Dudh ki Katori
  Dudh mein batasha,  Rohan Babu kare Tamasa."
😆...liked her singing your lines.

She would be singing this song with Poppa Fruitcake and there is a scene where Baby Bhasu would put his head in Mommy Phuljhari's lap.  In the following video, just substitute the little girl with Baby Bhasu and imagine him lying with his head in Phuljhari's lap.  Poppa Fruitcake would be looking angry unlike Shashi Kapoor who looks happy.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3iOMHOg7DI[/YOUTUBE]

Good song choice Angie. I was trying to imagine Pappa Fruitcake carrying Baby Bhasu around.😆😆

[/QUOTE] Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: why6

Actually I would feel sympathy for Dev's character if they show his point of view.  We were analyzing Abhay and hoping to see his POV.  But they did not show it and instead ruined a good character.  But in that case, people tolerated him because they loved a lot of characters including Dev who was a favorite for many.  Also that track was towards the end of CB1.  Here this show is just in its early stages and if they make Dev so unreasonable and so unlikeable right now, the show's TRPs would start getting affected.

One of the other serials I follow on and off on SP has two leads where the lead actor has very confused feelings for the lead actress.  He loves her and yet hates her for her "supposed" betrayal.  They show him as unreasonable and angry all the time yet they show his emotions in privacy where he shows remorse for treating the other person badly.  The show is not perfect by any means and the pace can be slow but they are building up the story slowly despite low ratings.  They haven't ping-ponged their characters just to get short-term TRPs.  They are showing all the complex emotions between two people where in the end one starts sympathizing with the actions of this person who is so angry. There is justification for everyone's actions including side characters.

Barring couple of months,  Radhika of CB1 was always sympathetic because her POV was always shown in her conversation with Kanha.  But for some reason,  they are not giving any similar dialogues to Dev at all and give the same dialogues to Maheswari over and over again.  Similarly,  Dadaji has not been given a single dialogue at all.  He knows that Radhika is Dev's ex-girlfriend and considers him her husband.  She is the one who wrote the letter and today she told him that she is here for a reason.  They showed him sulking maybe because he was thinking of Radhika as fickle for marrying Rohan.  But after Radhika's conversation,  can they not show him wondering if Radhika is the CB that wise old owl talked about and Radhika would bring the change.  Because they supposedly want to keep this mystery of Dev being the youngest grandson, they are keeping him silent.

Angie dadjis and Devs reasoning should be shown...they are trying to build a mystery when there is no mystery. More than dadaji it is Dev that I am worried about...he is he lead and of the audience do not understand him and have to always analyse his actions then they will get tied and irritated...if they get  confused then they will get tired and irritated...and I cannot understand tat how is that going to help this show.
Previous
1 2 3 4
Next