Happy Mother's Day - Please post your wishes

jparker thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Happy Mother's day to all!

Here's something I thought all moms would appreciate!  So from one Mom to another...😳

~~~~~ : ~~~~~ Happy Mother's Day  (May 8th)~~~~~:~~~~~

(In honor of Mother's Day,  focus on motherhood.)

For years I told people that I was in labor for 23 hours. However, the truth is more like 23 years. Being a mother has been the most fulfilling, frustrating, exciting, exhausting, mind-boggling, hair-raising thrilling tiring, stimulating, soul-stirring, delightful, difficult, consuming, laborious, uplifting, inspiring, challenging, captivating, and rewarding job I've ever had. Did I mention difficult? I should have gotten a clue when I was told that having a child begins with a word called "labor."

I've had times when I felt like throwing up my hands in frustrations and saying, "I quit!" Is what I'm doing making any difference to anyone? I want results! Show me results!  Then I think about the bamboo tree.

When the Chinese plant bamboo, first they plant the seeds, then water, and fertilize them. The first year, nothing happens. The second year they continue to water and fertilize the seeds, and still nothing happens. The farmer continues this process for a third and fourth year with no visual results. Then sometime during the fifth year, in a period of approximately six weeks, the Chinese bamboo grows ninety feet.

The question is, did it grow ninety feet in six weeks or did it grow ninety feet in five years? The obvious answer is that it grew ninety feet in five years. If the grower hadn't applied water and fertilizer every year, there would be no bamboo.

It is the same way with raising children. We pour into their lives. We plant seeds of character, pull weeds with discipline, water with prayer, and fertilize with encouraging words. Then one day, if we are persistent and consistent, we will see beautiful results.

If you are in the midst of raising your children, or even a parent of grown children waiting to see the results, I want to encourage you to press on.  Don't give up!  Keep praying!  Keep encouraging!  Keep loving! And one day, when you least expect it, your child will "rise up and call you blessed."

Let's Pray

Dear Lord, sometimes I get really tired and frustrated as a mom. When I grow discouraged, will You help me to keep the goal before me ... to raise a child who is a man or woman after God's own heart? Help me to remember that You, as my Heavenly Parent, never give up on me. Even when You don't see the results that You desire, You continue to love, nurture and teach me. Thank You for being my example of persistent and consistent love.

Wishing all you Moms, A very very Happy Mother's Day...😳

Edited by jparker - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jparker thumbnail

Oh.. 55 views and not one reply! πŸ˜­πŸ˜²πŸ˜”

Okay at least if not as a mother, remember your own!!! and wish them a Happy Mother's Day!!!!
dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What a LOVELY post, aamar Shona Jess! 😳

Heart-felt and Beautiful!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Aaah...Mothers!!

God's greatest gift to humankind!

What would we do without them??!!

We would cease to exist, without their existence!!

God truly created them because he couldnt be with us at all times...

Happy Mother's Day!πŸ˜ƒ
angel_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
jess di...wonderful topic...
u r gr8 mom
Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!!!
(to all the moms..here... & esp my mom) 
i love my mom she is the world's best mom
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Happy Mother's Day to everyone on IF and around the worldπŸ˜ƒ...

I would just like to say one thing and I mean it from the bottom of my heart😳...Our mothers do so much for us and sometimes we take them for granted...So this mother's day, let all make a promise to make not just today, but everyday special for them...
Edited by The_May_Rose - 12 years ago
Tora thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very nice post Jess
Happy mothers day
I lost my mom pretty young age so I really miss her doesnt like to celebrate this day but just doing things for my kids
my labors what a exciting journey I had when doc said to my husband that we can save only mom or baby I suffered with kidney dilation and complete bed rest I had 6 surgeries at the to
Time of my pregnancy I was screaming and yelling in the whole hospital because of the pain of my catheter they put im my kidney I was not worried about me or my new born baby but I was only worrying about my older one who was only 6 at that time I know the meaning of mom it's very hard to have journey without mom I went through that situation that's why j only worried about my older one
my big supportive was my husband I will really oblige to him what he did I have to say that I will say myself lucky
After delivery I was loosing my breath 36 hrs I was on the oxygen to get my breathe and finally I made it when I remember those days still I feel like crying
So happy mothers day

E
jparker thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tora

Very nice post Jess
Happy mothers day
I lost my mom pretty young age so I really miss her doesnt like to celebrate this day but just doing things for my kids
my labors what a exciting journey I had when doc said to my husband that we can save only mom or baby I suffered with kidney dilation and complete bed rest I had 6 surgeries at the to
Time of my pregnancy I was screaming and yelling in the whole hospital because of the pain of my catheter they put im my kidney I was not worried about me or my new born baby but I was only worrying about my older one who was only 6 at that time I know the meaning of mom it's very hard to have journey without mom I went through that situation that's why j only worried about my older one
my big supportive was my husband I will really oblige to him what he did I have to say that I will say myself lucky
After delivery I was loosing my breath 36 hrs I was on the oxygen to get my breathe and finally I made it when I remember those days still I feel like crying
So happy mothers day

E

I salute you Tora for the pains. I know no one can replace a Mom... but you have God who is always there for their children.. So bless you Mom!!
dr.dsr thumbnail

Very nice post Jess
Happy mothers day
So happy mothers day

E

Tora,

You know something...'tora' in bengali means garland...

You epitomise your name to perfection...

You are a garland of love, selflessly and unconditionally woven together...

And the fragrance of that garland... your motherhood!!

Salute your spirit, Mom! ⭐️

Happy Mother's Day!πŸ˜ƒ

Love,
Doc D

Edited by dr.dsr - 12 years ago
vaish_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Very nice post Jess
Happy mothers day
So happy mothers day

E

Tora,

I salute you!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

When my second daughter was born she was only 3lbs. 6weeks early.
She was in incubator for 6 weeks. Doctors lost hope. But I did not. She fought back and I learned that spirit from my little one.
Now she will start going to school in August. 
When I see her I feel blessed. 

A quote by a friend:

Have carried a child within my body. Slept with them on my chest. I've kissed little toes & wiped away tears. I've been puked on, peed on & spent 

sleepless nights in cradling my child, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 
My body isn't magazine perfect, but when I look in the mirror I see a MOM, and there is no greater honor, love or Blessing!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !

Edited by rbofan1 - 12 years ago
dr.dsr thumbnail

Originally posted by: rbofan1

Tora,

I salute you!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

When my second daughter was born she was only 3lbs. 6weeks early.
She was in incubator for 6 weeks. Doctors lost hope. But I did not. She fought back and I learned that spirit from my little one.
Now she will start going to school in August. 
When I see her I feel blessed. 

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !

Vaish,

What a beautiful anecdote that was...

Only a mother can write like that...

A mother's belief...a mother's courage...EXEMPLARY!!!

You are a fine example of that!😊

Happy Mother's Day to you too...

Bahut saara pyaar to the little one too! πŸ˜ƒ
Doc D