May 4th: Things I liked

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
1) Anant bemused at Navya in darpok mode staring at his house apprehensively "Mera ghar hai yeh...koi police thana nahin hai"๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†  Adding..."aur tumne mere saath aake koi jurm bhi nahin kiya"๐Ÿ˜†

2) They used a simple guitar instrumental version of the "my heart goes dhin tana" song...which I was glad to hear๐Ÿ˜†...gave a nice, softer, sweeter vibe to the scene when he opens the car door for her.

3) Anant telling her, "Tum akeli kahaan ho? Main tumhare saath hi hoon...sirf kuch kadam aage"๐Ÿ˜†

Shaheer did a nice job with the natural expressions as usual in all these beginning portions while Soumya seems a bit uncomfortable with Navya's constant darpok (also annoying slow motion) mode๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...seriously when she said, "Main kabhi kisi function mein akele nahin gayi", I was like๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†...Suddenly her darpokpana seems to have gone into HYPER mode๐Ÿ˜•

4) Bua-daadi dissing the two spies..."Arey oh Banaraswaaliyon...ab kab tak darwajje par khadi ghanti bajaati rahogi"?๐Ÿ˜†

5) "SNAKES"..."BHAITER"๐Ÿคฃ

The rest of the epi was RIDICULOUSLY dragged...my GOD can Navya walk ANY slower??...she's acting tooo scared and sehmi hui now and I swear a centipede could beat her in a race. It took her 15 minutes to walk from the gate to the house?? Amazing...The last 8 or so minutes as she's slowlyyy walking into the house and slowlyyy taking the aarti ki thaali...man did it test my patience๐Ÿ˜†...anyways...Anant's smile on seeing her was nice...Nimisha's reaction was nice too...the bg music was nice and her expression was thankfully a little less darpok when she finally faced his mother...and it was sweet how the mom greeted her too...the rest of the family was giving her odd looks...weirdos๐Ÿ˜†...

Kya OTT setup maara end mein just to give Navya a dramatic entrance with all eyes on her and her bringing the auspicious pooja ki thaali...waah bhai waah๐Ÿ˜†...Overall too much dragfest today...hope there's more action happening tomorrow and Navya moves into second gear atleast motion-wise...God this woman was slow today๐Ÿ˜†

Pre-cap looks promising for some AN interaction but the bhabhi's creepiness is getting out of hand now...spying on them through a keyhole seriously??๐Ÿ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wida thumbnail
agree with ya points
and gosh when navya was walking liek that iw as likeee thodaa faster pleess.. never seen someone walk so sloww
piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Right now to sleepy to type anything..๐Ÿฅฑ
Posting because i couldnt resist myself after reading the "snake" part๐ŸคฃKya jamanna aa gaya hai bhai azkal sanp bhi parties mein khane k lia puchte hai๐Ÿ˜•

& about Navya's slow motion-After all CV's had to take the whole engagement party thing to next monday (I guess๐Ÿ˜•)So dherre dhree toh Navya ko chalna hi tha..

It was nice to see Anant in his actual(?) mood after umm 2week? Not that im complaining about his"stubborn"avter,its just he makes me confused wid his sudden "charecter" swing or whatever swing it is.๐Ÿ˜†

Rama n Shagun (thank god,There wasn't much of her today) but that creepy bhabi make me go all
I loved Bua dadi today..even her scene with Navya..She was a bit clam when she asked "who are u?" but later dat parents wala part showed her mahan "Hari om prabhuji"attitude..
All in all a nice episode..
I really like Anant's mom..Lady seems so sweet to deal with.The actress too doing a good job playing d role.

Precap-I really hope CV's wont waste so much screen space on Rama n her Not so dumb sister Shagun..I'd rather watch " gol gol eyes wala baba ji..unpredictable attitude.๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by piya2025 - 13 years ago
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
That was a fun analysis, and mostly bang on.

I personally also liked how Nimisha almost escaped to save the day for Ritz and Appy when Banaraswaaliyan were full to brim in their jaasoos-giri. But when he mother stopped her, and the camera zoomed on her smiling MIL, I was almost ticked by the redundancy of the MIL's character in having nothing to say. She should have let Nimi go. Or should have at least offered some comment in solace. Her smile was just dumb :| 

Anant's smile, on the other hand, when Navya struck an instant chord with his mother, was endearing! He makes this awesome boy character - very caring, and very carefree; very conscious, and very oblivious - all at once (:  It's utterly boyish of him to indulge in impulsive feats like driving upto her place just to get her to his sister's engagement, without questioning his own actions for a second. On the other hand, Navya is a typical girl (a little too exaggerated at times unfortunately) who has every way and means of thinking too much. Overall, I like the way the contrast is brought out between these leads - purely based on their Mars and Venus impact, even as they have some stark similarities as individuals, and in their homely value systems! 

As for the precap - well, not just her keyhole spying trick, but the actual scheming of getting them together in a bedroom so she can spy their 'together-ness' in 'solitude' - phew!!! Bhabhi is trying to be 21st century Machiavelli reincarnate ... or a very vain attempt at the same to be precise! 

Hail to your hope for more action tomorrow though - and yes please, greater pace would help! 

xx
JZee

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: piya2025

It was nice to see Anant in his actual(?) mood after umm 2week? Not that im complaining about his"stubborn"avter,its just he makes me confused wid his sudden "charecter" swing or whatever swing it is.๐Ÿ˜† Yes definitely today was more of typical Anant as we saw him in the beginning weeks of the show...so that was nice to see...I'm trying to get used to his character variations at this point๐Ÿ˜†

I loved Bua dadi today..even her scene with Navya..She was a bit clam when she asked "who are u?" but later dat parents wala part showed her mahan "Hari om prabhuji"attitude..
All in all a nice episode..
I really like Anant's mom..Lady seems so sweet to deal with.The actress too doing a good job playing d role. Yeah Bua-Daadi's scene with Navya was good although Navya was stuttering/fumbling so much it was kinda annoying...but BD's initial questions to her were valid...she's just on the stern side๐Ÿ˜†...Anant's mom is deffo a very sweet lady and she's doing a good job too :-)

Precap-I really hope CV's wont waste so much screen space on Rama n her Not so dumb sister Shagun..I'd rather watch " gol gol eyes wala baba ji..unpredictable attitude.๐Ÿ˜ณ LOL yeah let's hope tomorrow has more interesting scene and not so much footage wasted on those two๐Ÿ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: JZephyr

That was a fun analysis, and mostly bang on. Thanks! :-)

I personally also liked how Nimisha almost escaped to save the day for Ritz and Appy when Banaraswaaliyan were full to brim in their jaasoos-giri. But when he mother stopped her, and the camera zoomed on her smiling MIL, I was almost ticked by the redundancy of the MIL's character in having nothing to say. She should have let Nimi go. Or should have at least offered some comment in solace. Her smile was just dumb :|  Oh yeah that bit irritated me...those are the saas-bahu touches in this show that annoy me...I really didn't get why her mother stopped her like that...she's not even supposed to go meet her friends?? And yeah the MIL seems totally useless...vapid creatures.

Anant's smile, on the other hand, when Navya struck an instant chord with his mother, was endearing! He makes this awesome boy character - very caring, and very carefree; very conscious, and very oblivious - all at once (:  It's utterly boyish of him to indulge in impulsive feats like driving upto her place just to get her to his sister's engagement, without questioning his own actions for a second. On the other hand, Navya is a typical girl (a little too exaggerated at times unfortunately) who has every way and means of thinking too much. Overall, I like the way the contrast is brought out between these leads - purely based on their Mars and Venus impact, even as they have some stark similarities as individuals, and in their homely value systems! Very nicely put :-) Especially the point about Anant being so caring yet carefree, conscious yet oblivious at the same time...interesting contrasts to him...very boyish as you said...and the smile was deffo quite endearing :-) Navya does have her moments but the past couple of epis have deffo been on the exaggerated side regarding her darpok behavior...thinking too much as you said...lol...and yes very true that they are major contrasts to them but they bond on a basic level over their homely values and some kind of instinctual understanding of each other...best part for me is their natural interactions which are very identifiable.

As for the precap - well, not just her keyhole spying trick, but the actual scheming of getting them together in a bedroom so she can spy their 'together-ness' in 'solitude' - phew!!! Bhabhi is trying to be 21st century Machiavelli reincarnate ... or a very vain attempt at the same to be precise! LOL her ideas are quite dumb...I'm waiting to see how she falls flat on her face again...I bet bua daadi will tell her off again somehow๐Ÿ˜†

Hail to your hope for more action tomorrow though - and yes please, greater pace would help! Yeah the pace really needs to pick up tomorrow...they dragged like anything today...typical daily soap tactics๐Ÿ˜†...and yes less saas-bahu drama is my other hope *fingers crossed*

xx
JZee

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
^^ Oh pray yes! I don't mind scenes where the family members get elaboration - but I hate when they try to treat the audience like we're dumb people who need every damn detail spelled out - like leave something to subtlety and let the viewers figure out the character nuances without painting them in RED! [Subjectively, with reference to today's episode this is about Nimisha's mother. So we understand she's had this under rated life in her sasural, but the CVs don't have to keep re-making a point of her insecurity in the oddest of ways! They didn't want Nimisha to make it, they could have just swamped her down with more guests who wanted to see her, and do the nazar utaarna whatever! bleh!]

Anyway - I love bua-dadi in her element! Sure she's on the strict side, and I'm really hoping they wont go 'OTT as you say' on her tyranny, but atm, she's my favorite evil-gang buster ๐Ÿ˜† The old baldie is awesome too - specially when you can't tell what his reaction to something will be. In a way, his unpredictability saves many a moments! If it wasn't for his ostentatious display of disdain for his younger son (another over done character nuance) he'd be high on my list of favorite elders... 

The worst characters so far for me have been Anant's father (oh his perpetual frown just annoys me to no end) and Sonia (geeez! she made me cringe!). Renuka is annoying with her tantrums, but she's won herself grace by teaming up with Navya, and also, the coming of her in laws has drastically toned her down - bless them! Navya's daadi is comical, when she's not trying to hard to be ๐Ÿ˜† 

And phew - I've ranted my takes on everything that has very little to do with just today's episode - *spam* โ˜บ๏ธ

But once again, great post! 

xx
JZee
Edited by JZephyr - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
@Jzee: Honestly most of Anant's family annoys me...lol...the bua-dadi has grown on me in the past few days thanks to her "evil-gang busting" ways as you mentioned...lol...but the rest are still weird...especially Anant's dad and grandad...too much melodrama happening there...agree with you about lack of subtlety in general as it happens in most shows also...they are more interested in ramming you over the head to drive a point home rather than leaving room for interpretation and speculation...this show has it's plusses and minuses...lol

One thought that struck me today in the scene when Rama and Shagun are trying to weasel details out of Ritz-Appy about whether they really are Nimisha's friends or not...why didn't Anant inform them about the excuse he had used to get them over to the party?? He only told Ranbir?? The girls weren't informed? Why? I don't get it...is he ashamed of his weirdo family and their weirdo thought process regarding him having girls as friends? ๐Ÿ˜†
Smita17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
totally agree wid u...navya's walking speed really tested my patience...i mean i was like ki jaldi chalo serial khatam ho jaayega...felt like going dere n giving navya a push taki thora jaldi chale๐Ÿ˜†

n  bhabhi ki english...she is offering  SNAKES to her guests๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

ritz n appy's expression were funny but  would have luved  if ...

appy...yaar ye anant ke ghar wale snakes khate hai(slowly in ritz ear)๐Ÿ˜ฒ
ritz...paagal hai kya...snakes matlab...aree ye snacks ki baat kar rahi hai๐Ÿ˜†
appy...achchha oh๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Sanely_Insane thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nureat01

1) Anant bemused at Navya in darpok mode staring at his house apprehensively "Mera ghar hai yeh...koi police thana nahin hai"๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†  Adding..."aur tumne mere saath aake koi jurm bhi nahin kiya"๐Ÿ˜† Haha...that was good a scene...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 

2) They used a simple guitar instrumental version of the "my heart goes dhin tana" song...which I was glad to hear๐Ÿ˜†...gave a nice, softer, sweeter vibe to the scene when he opens the car door for her.  Yeah, thank god that 'dhin tana' didn't start again...they kept it simple...๐Ÿ˜†

3) Anant telling her, "Tum akeli kahaan ho? Main tumhare saath hi hoon...sirf kuch kadam aage"๐Ÿ˜† And this time Anant was scared of his Bhabhi...no? ๐Ÿ˜†

Shaheer did a nice job with the natural expressions as usual in all these beginning portions while Soumya seems a bit uncomfortable with Navya's constant darpok (also annoying slow motion) mode๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...seriously when she said, "Main kabhi kisi function mein akele nahin gayi", I was like๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†...Suddenly her darpokpana seems to have gone into HYPER mode๐Ÿ˜• Her darpok acts and the slow motion was really veryyy SLOW...who walks in such slow pace?? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜† Seriously it was very annoying...i was yawning through out her walking session ๐Ÿ˜†

And not to forget her "dhoondho earring spree" I mean she was literally sweeping the floor with her hand to find her ear ring...๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†

4) Bua-daadi dissing the two spies..."Arey oh Banaraswaaliyon...ab kab tak darwajje par khadi ghanti bajaati rahogi"?๐Ÿ˜† I liked this woman in that scene and the next scene where she interacts with Navya...i didn't like her ๐Ÿ˜†

5) "SNAKES"..."BHAITER"๐Ÿคฃ  Exactly...my reaction..SNAKES?? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ BHAITER?? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ  This woman is CREEPY ๐Ÿคฃ

The rest of the epi was RIDICULOUSLY dragged...my GOD can Navya walk ANY slower??...she's acting tooo scared and sehmi hui now and I swear a centipede could beat her in a race. It took her 15 minutes to walk from the gate to the house?? Amazing...The last 8 or so minutes as she's slowlyyy walking into the house and slowlyyy taking the aarti ki thaali...man did it test my patience๐Ÿ˜†...anyways...Anant's smile on seeing her was nice...Nimisha's reaction was nice too...the bg music was nice and her expression was thankfully a little less darpok when she finally faced his mother...and it was sweet how the mom greeted her too...the rest of the family was giving her odd looks...weirdos๐Ÿ˜†... Not only yours but even my patience was tested...she was ONLY walking...and to take that Pooja ki Thali she took 5 minutes and to walk she took meat 10 minutes... Yeah, everyone were giving her odd looks but when she says her name Navya...that old man has a slight grin...๐Ÿ˜† I think he liked the name ๐Ÿ˜†

Kya OTT setup maara end mein just to give Navya a dramatic entrance with all eyes on her and her bringing the auspicious pooja ki thaali...waah bhai waah๐Ÿ˜†...Overall too much dragfest today...hope there's more action happening tomorrow and Navya moves into second gear atleast motion-wise...God this woman was slow today๐Ÿ˜† Exactly...only to end it a high note they dragged it and so much OTT ๐Ÿ˜† God...and now i am dreading this saas-bahu drama...๐Ÿ˜ณ 

Pre-cap looks promising for some AN interaction but the bhabhi's creepiness is getting out of hand now...spying on them through a keyhole seriously??๐Ÿ˜†
I am expecting things to MOVE...God that Bhabhi can look any more creepier?? ๐Ÿ˜† 

Thanx for the lovely post Anu ๐Ÿค—