Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Amazing updates!!!

Such contrast between the couples...though love exists in both the relationships.

Maan and Geet part was really cute...his teasing and her slip of tongue...lolz...they have settled comfortably in their space. It was lovely! Love the comfort and love they share.

Naini and Rishabh...they are egoistic and cynical about each other...they should seriously think over the role they themselves played that led to their relationship going sour. After reading the last hospital bit, I feel Rishabh is more at fault...hope he ponders. Waiting to know what exactly went wrong with them. Also, I have a feeling that Geet might go the family way soon...lolz. Do continue soon.

P.S. - My comments may come in a bit late...have exams...but will definitely read when I get time in between and try to comment regularly.

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I'm here and reading the next part!!! You're on a roll...hopefully can catch up and soon!!!!
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hi...I had once started reading NY Times from middle...then kind off lost track as I was not regular here IF for sometime. To my delight, I found it again๐Ÿ˜Š Love the story and love the way you tell it. Please add me to your PM list.
Part 85: Blind fold Update 1

It was something about the color white and not pink that reminded her of their room back home in NY. Perhaps the idea was never to recreate the same room here, yet she reveled in the last memory she had been amidst their presence; their suhaag raat. A ginormous part-frosted glass vase filled with white sensual orchids, fanned out atop the dresser that faced the bed. She was blushing scarlet already as her cheeks filled with a red hue. She quickly took out her mobile, even before she could dry her hair or finish tying her sari, and texted him "Thank you for the flowers...What are you planning to do here?  Remember this is your jiju's house" with a sweet smile curving her lips.

But as she continued to peer at the mobile for a response, a knock at the door made her scurry to hug the sari to her chest and before she could halt the person from opening the door, Martha, the help at Rishabh's home, came in.

"I go home..." She said in a bloated thick accent "You flowers no allergy no? Reshi Senor send...for you ill" A motherly smile popped up on her face now and she added "You need anything?...Dinner" She said pointing the index finger down and ended with "Table down".

Geet kept her smile in acknowledgement, only this was an empty one. Sporting a look like a kid on the street robbed of her favorite bauble that she felt had been rightfully hers, she sighed with bitter disappointment.  The bouquet of perishable orchids which cost no more than a few hundreds of dollars had indeed grown to be of immense value, the second she sighted it with the presumption he had sent them for her.

"What's with women and flowers or cards or 'I miss you's or 'I love you's...You know I do Geet. Don't you?" Is what he had argued during their second fight; the first being an hour-long discussion over their plans to come visit the other. She had cried following an unsatisfied travel schedule, albeit, never during the call. The number of times he was going to fly had come out to a little less than her expectation. As a follow-up to their distressed phone call, she had sent him a bouquet the next day. And of course, by some misguided notion of romance and young love (She was 24 so to speak) she had expected another flower arrangement to head her direction as a token of closure for their fight from the previous night. Given her husband had his way with grand themes, to make up in a novel manner; she had hoped something with a surprise element in return. When the whole day had passed and she had not even received an acknowledgement over phone, she had flared up in rage. In return, as he took her call while he was still on hold with another office call, he had given her a piece of his mind in frustration. That is when that curt statement had come out of him, launching another night of fury for the duo. Well, things did sort out and he was here, wasn't he?

Despite the fact that he had argued multiple times over his preference to showing his love, than speaking about it, it had put her off, quite a bit. When distance separated them far enough, words were all they had, she had told him, but he had cleverly diverted their conversation course stating that he was a better man of action, than to fish for words to coin his feelings. Come Friday she had questioned his lack of 'actions' in the last one-week, to which he had stated office issues and lack of time as excuses, which clearly had not suited her either.

And she had twirled in joy at spotting the white orchids in her room, somehow sensing the open wound from those three nights inside her. But it was indeed short lived as Martha had come in to crush her spirited moment, giving her a reason, to instead wear that frown on her face.

Surely, she was of not the kind who attached any importance to expressing deep sentiments of life with such tokens or trinkets; notwithstanding, she yearned it from Maan and for unknown reasons too. Perhaps their wedding had come across as nothing short of a fairy tale that she had romanticized their whole life in a similar fashion. If not for the 'actions' that he sought to have mastery of, she was not ready to give up on her attempts to have him 'talk' to her often. To her, he was more direct than needed at times and at other situations, he was just plain tight-lipped, driving her crazy between the extremes. In actuality, he was mixing up the events that called for his reticence and with the ones that required his candidness. Overall, she really could do with a bit of cheesy, if that is what being romantic and sugarcoated talk came across to him. Or rather, explain to him there was really no such thing as cheesy or being corny, when they were only mere perceptions of being over-affectionate, which she thought he could live with.

So, she armed herself with the necessary arsenal for the lesson. Of the many that came to her mind, and from the things she had packed, incase he showed up there, she first chose the white and maroon block print sari with the same colored zari border. The scandalous blouse that hugged her chest, and the hemmed top edges that dug into her skin, made her feminine curves bulge out in prominence. Thanks to her revealing blouse, more of her smooth neck and shoulder, deep ravine of a back and the fair expanse of her chest were for plain view as she carefully pleated her aanchal to come out that way. Standing in front of the mirror, she turned to either sides to confirm if she was to make his eyes pop out with desire. Hmmm, she hummed now, twisting her finger around her long mane that fell to the side of her face. Curls, she felt was what she was missing. As much as she loved herself with pin-straight hair, she couldn't help but think that rings of cascading curls, gave her the dark 'Umph' she often lacked. Yet when all this didn't convince her, she lined thick kajal to the curves of her eyes and indulged in her newfound nose ring, pinning it to the right side of her nose. And if appearances went for something, she was indeed dressed to kill for the night.

At least that is how he saw her as he entered the room, while on an office call, freezing him in his tracks. She smiled as she recognized the stumped look on his face giving out the secret that she had achieved the required impression, much sooner than she had hoped for.

"Hush" she said, putting her index finger to her lips, as she turned slightly jutting out her slender waist for him.

"Let's go on that walk now" She said, with a provocative smile, the neutral gloss on her lips, alluring enough to make him gulp down his bursting need to covet her lips.

"The night is still young..." She whispered coming close to his ears.

To be continued...

This is what I was thinking of for her sari tie up. And this for the nose ring. Thank you all for the lovely comments. I appreciate them and they all mean so much to me to keep me going. Please do look to Author's note on the first post of the thread for any news/updates from my end.

Edited by 6thElement - 13 years ago
awesome update
so she is trying to seduce him
lolz
updt sooonnn
yipppee me 1stEdited by ananya95 - 13 years ago
libra25 thumbnail
geet is a fighter...i just love her to core...
maan singh khurana will have a hard time walking beside his sensuous avenging wife...
ohhh i am thoroughly enjoying this phase in the ff...

awesome part.
JayaR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wonderful hasini... so Geet is not preggy??? oh so sad...but its ok...

I loved their romantic moments a lot...
and Naini and Rishabh... I think Naini is right being her stubborn thing...  after being living for so long with each other and if u blame ur wife of killing her own baby...and also suspecting her having an affair is totally not acceptable...

Naini shouldnt forgive Rishabh so easily...
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow. Lovely update Hasini. I hope we get a detailed update on the long night, afterall, the night is still young ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am loving the story and as long as we get some updates regularly I won't complain at all if the story does not end on May 19th. Infact, I wish it does not end at all... so write at your convenience. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 13 years ago
Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
So their second fight led to Geet's seductive side, huh?
Well I must say I love it! She's such a tease, getting all dressed up and saying let's go for a walk. I seriously can't wait for the next update.

And take your time writing the story at the pace you are able to. We aren't  in a hurry to see this wonderful story end so soon!
jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Loved the update. If Geet was looking as sensual as Nandana Sen from that ad, then I am sure Maan's expression matched Sameer Soni's๐Ÿ˜†